Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I just read a post in another thread where someone said that "hovers" don't work for previewing threads on Chrome.

Has that been determined to be the case?
Because I was sort of patiently waiting for a fix.
:)
As in 'if you hover over the thread title you can see the OP'? Works for me (in Chrome).

They don't work at all for me, in chrome; I had to start using Firefox for ECF. Win 8.1.

Andria

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
They don't work at all for me, in chrome; I had to start using Firefox for ECF. Win 8.1.

Andria

They should work... try disabling all of your extensions and restart Chrome as a test... then see if the problem still exists. If it's gone... it's one of the extensions... enable them one at a time to find it.

if it isn't, it's a Chrome setting you've changed or a corruption of some type.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
They should work... try disabling all of your extensions and restart Chrome as a test... then see if the problem still exists. If it's gone... it's one of the extensions... enable them one at a time to find it.

I'd just as soon run FF on one monitor and chrome on the other -- it would take me half a day to disable and then enable all my chrome extensions! Dual screens is GREAT. :D

Andria

Reactions: oldbikeguy

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
I just read a post in another thread where someone said that "hovers" don't work for previewing threads on Chrome.

Has that been determined to be the case?
Because I was sort of patiently waiting for a fix.
:)

As in 'if you hover over the thread title you can see the OP'? Works for me (in Chrome).

They work fine on mine... I could see some add-on/extension blocking them though

As others have mentioned, it seems to work fine for the majority of users, and seems to be just a few that don't see it on their systems. You can try rdsok's suggestion above to see if that helps, or try a different browser.

Reactions: Katya

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Okay - Is there anyway to get rid of that recently added "Profile Statistics Information" box that is now coming up on the right side of every page and also move the "Staff Online Now", "Forum Statistics", and especially the "Share This Page" with all the "Social Media" links back to the bottom of the page . . . Although I know I can scroll past all of them, they are taking up way to much real estate at the top of the page and more importantly, have become extremely annoying to see each and every page to say the least . . . :mad: :censored:

Thank You . . . :D

There is an addon for Firefox and Chrome that can do this. Stylish. I haven't tried it in Chrome, but the following code works in Stylish for FF.

Code:
@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("e-cigarette-forum.com") {
  .mainContent {
    margin-right: 0;
  }
  .sidebar {
    display: none;
  }
}

You can change all the colors (and other CSS styles) with that addon as well, but no where near as easily as with Color That Site!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Ok retired one. This morning it seems a little better. Regarding watched threads showing up in a more logical order.
Glad it's working better for ya. I love this feature, when I have it for just show unread, the ones with new posts pop to the top. With the old site, I'd have new messages on the second page, they wouldn't pop to the first page, and I'd often forget to check the 2nd page if the first one was full.

Uncle, I also have the stats and staff online box at the top. But it doesn't bother me. For mods, what does bother me, is that often the ad that runs across the top is so large and since it's centered, it often blocks it so I can't see it. Could we make those ads a bit smaller or left justify them?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
this box in the top right corner ?

classwife
17 / 0 / 0

I think we all have that