Best Flavor Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbus007

Feb 17, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Looking for a very flavorful build for this eliquid i am ordering. The 2 blends i will be getting them at are VG 100/0 & VG 50/50. The mod(s) i will be using is the Black Osmium Twin 18650 or the sigelei 150W paired with the royal hunter or Derringer with the wide bore top cap. I hear the more surface area the better. How many wraps, what kind of wire, what gauge and size of the drill bit would ideal for this. Thank you.

Braaapp

Moved On
Feb 25, 2012
New Orleans, LA
Lately I've been loving reverse twisted coils in the derringer. I make 2 sets of 32ga twisted, twisted clockwise, then twist those 2 together counterclockwise until you can see the wire open up from twists to chain-looking. 5/4 wraps on 2mm duals puts it at 0.5Ω and it is a very fast heating coil, and a little warm on fresh batteries which i like. With a regulated mod you could go for a lot more wraps though. The fine mist it throws in the derringer is incredibly packed with flavor.

Reactions: Nimbus007
I'm a big fan lately of a single 3mm daul parallel about 5 wraps, comes in around .3 ohms and it is warm on the derringer, but I just picked up a vertex v2 and same build in that thing is not as warm. That being said the difference in flavor is interesting, can't say they taste different or the same. All I can say is different Atty different result with the same setup. Both are fantastic!

Attachments

• _20150429_145023.JPG
    _20150429_145023.JPG
    461 KB · Views: 149

Ballistix

Oct 23, 2014
California
I have never tried the reverse twisted on my derringer but I can say that a 30 gauge twisted with 10 wraps on 2mm (1 ohm) is really flavorful. in fact I put that same build in my old stillare and got pretty nice flavor not on par with my magma or derringer but still good flavor. Better than any other build I have ever put into it. I know taste is subjective but in my derringer with a twisted coil the flavor is pretty much neck and neck with a regular coil in my magma.

Nimbus007

Feb 17, 2015
San Francisco, CA
Lately I've been loving reverse twisted coils in the derringer. I make 2 sets of 32ga twisted, twisted clockwise, then twist those 2 together counterclockwise until you can see the wire open up from twists to chain-looking. 5/4 wraps on 2mm duals puts it at 0.5Ω and it is a very fast heating coil, and a little warm on fresh batteries which i like. With a regulated mod you could go for a lot more wraps though. The fine mist it throws in the derringer is incredibly packed with flavor.
That build sounds crazy!

Nimbus007

Feb 17, 2015
San Francisco, CA
I have never tried the reverse twisted on my derringer but I can say that a 30 gauge twisted with 10 wraps on 2mm (1 ohm) is really flavorful. in fact I put that same build in my old stillare and got pretty nice flavor not on par with my magma or derringer but still good flavor. Better than any other build I have ever put into it. I know taste is subjective but in my derringer with a twisted coil the flavor is pretty much neck and neck with a regular coil in my magma.
I hear that is the IDEAL build! That or a 1.2OHM build.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
Is it possible to make a 2 ohm clapton? I'm looking for a flavor coil but i prefer keeping it above 1.5 ohms. Currently using a simple spread 32 gauge kanthal coil, nice vapor production but in my opinion lacking in flavor..
Sorry if I'm derailing the topic a bit :D

While I'm at it, hows the twisted coil flavor wise?

Edit:
To answer my own question, i made a 2.1 ohm twisted coil. No noticeable difference in flavor in my opinion. I also feel nauseous from dragging the whole damn day trying things out lol :D

Last edited:

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I prefer twisted over regular coils, and Claptons if I'm feeling fancy. There isn't a huge amount of difference between a standard coil and twisted/Clapton as far as taste goes, some might notice it, others won't. It's a performance thing for me, and it's also easier/quicker to build a twisted coil on my Origen V3 than regular wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread