Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
Funny you should mention vaping while riding, im working on seting up a mod on the handle bars with a button beside the turn signal switch and a tube from the drip tip. ( 72 Triumph Bonneville, caffe racer setup ) :D

We, or at least I, will need to see pictures!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Funny you should mention vaping while riding, im working on seting up a mod on the handle bars with a button beside the turn signal switch and a tube from the drip tip. ( 72 Triumph Bonneville, caffe racer setup ) :D

Triumph forever!

I have an 03 Sprint ST, but would love a classic, too.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
I never liked smoking and riding unless on the surface roads, 30-45 mph. If it's not in the eyes, it's setting the beard on fire. Plus the wildfire hazards down here.

Also, at highway speed, with smoke or vapor, I get little sensation from it, like the high rate of wind somehow overrides the hit enjoyment. I'm ready to stretch my legs usually around the same time I need a good vape. My mod rides inside my colors and I don't like fiddling around for it while in motion.

I just did 1650 miles to attend my nephew's wedding and am getting ready for the return trip. Happiness is bugs in yer teeth.....

Jay :headbang:

Reactions: Dextrose

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
That I can do.

Guess not with metal drip tips? :laugh:

Childrens-Teeth.jpg

Rlrick

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2014
Carl Junction,Mo
I ride just about every day and vape while riding. I have a MVP 2 with a Kanger T3S tank keep it in my shirt pocket and while cruising vape away. Been off stinkies for over a year took a bit getting used to vaping while riding kept trying to throw it away after I vaped but luckily I never did. By the way I have a 03 Red Superglide 100th anniversary edition Harley. Ride Hard and Ride Safe.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Anything that takes your hand more than a few cm from the handle bars is potentially deadly.

Looks like your enjoying yourself, but the first car driver to pull out without seeing you will wipe you out.

I ride an R1 and enjoy my bikes, but always drive defensively, and that means in full control.

Vaping and riding is an accident waiting to happen.

I appreciate you are taking it easy in the clip, but sorry, it's the car drivers fault but you're still dead.

Do what makes you happy, but I can't recommend this.

Last edited:

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
Anything that takes your left hand more than a few cm from the brake lever is potentially deadly.

My left hand is always more than a few cm away from my brake lever. It lives about three feet (34" wide handlebars) away from it, since that lever is for the clutch.
:rolleyes:

(I see you just edited your post to remove the "left/brake" part, :D)

Reactions: roxynoodle

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
Yes, sorry, realised my mistake as soon as I posted, ha ha.

I still stand by what I said. Both hands in close proximity with the bike at all times or you're not in control.
But yes it is the clutch.

So you're the guy who ignores me when I wave to you! :-x

It's all good. I often ride with my legs on my jugs (away from my foot-controls), while waving at folks. My dual ABS front discs are seriously powerful, so it is extremely safe. I respect your "control issues" :p though, and wouldn't want anyone to do anything they're not fully comfortable with.

It doesn't matter what you ride, or how you ride it, as long as you're safe and careful.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Why? What was so "dumb" about it? Was it the grammar? Was it the spelling? I'm curious, since you didn't state one single reason for your harsh adjective. Are you the resident cyber-bully here, promoting smoking on a vaping forum?
Really? No, Bad Ninja pretty much nailed it. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. There was some really bad logic used to support your position. My point was: you don't need to defend anything, and your efforts to do so make you less credible. Do what makes you happy and stop worrying about what other people think.

Yes I do ride. I've had a range of them starting in '79 with a '71 Harley Sprint complete with it's backward foot controls thanks to its Italian/AMF heritage. These days I have two in the garage, a '49 panhead hardtail and a '73 Kawasaki Z-1A.

When I smoked, I didn't do that while riding much. Just not worth the hassle. Nothing more nothing less. Sort of the same today with vaping, albeit it is more convenient. I usually have it within reach and it's there if I want it. It's just not something worries me all that much. Probably not as much a novelty to me, coming up on 5 yrs with my "new" habit. I'm glad you made the discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread