FDA FDA rejects Bill Godshall's request to present evidence on vaping at FDA's June 1/2 workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The FDA has rejected my request to present scientific and empirical evidence on vaping (at FDA’s so-called public workshop on June 1 & 2) on the following topics. My request and FDA's rejection letter (referring to me as Dr. Godshall) are below.

Proposed abstract for a 15 minute presentation at FDA’s June 1 & 2 e-cigarette workshop by Bill Godshall to present the following topics:

- pertinent findings and analysis of different surveys on prevalence and patterns of e-cigarette use among adult and teen smokers, former smokers and never (or non) smokers. (5 minutes)

- pertinent findings and analysis of different surveys of vapers (aka e-cigarette users) on vapor product usage patterns for different types of vapor products (e.g. “cigalike” e-cigarettes, premium vaporizers, e-liquids, flavorings and nicotine-free products), as well as cigarette usage patterns among vapers. (5 minutes)

- available e-cigarette industry sales data and sales estimates for different types of vapor products, and for different marketing channels (e.g. convenience stores, vape shops, tobacco specialty stores, Internet). (5 minutes)

Apr 28, 2015 03:34:08 PM, workshop.CTPOS@fda.hhs.gov wrote:

===========================================

Dear Dr. Godshall,

Thank you for volunteering to participate at our upcoming public workshop, “Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health”, scheduled for June 1-2, 2015. We received many nominations, and our agenda is now full, so unfortunately we cannot accommodate your request to participate as a speaker or panelist.

If you successfully registered for the workshop, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration by May 20. If you did not register, but would like to, please register at June 1-2, 2015 Public Workshop Survey

FDA established a docket for submission of written comments about the topics to be addressed at the electronic-cigarette workshops. For more information, please see CTP’s web page: Comment Opportunities

Thank you for your interest in the Center for Tobacco Products.

Sincerely,

Caryn

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It would be interesting to know if anyone got accepted after Apr. 3, ..... I see the notice went out in the middle of March. and this:
"If you are interested in serving as a presenter or panelist, please submit the requested information, along with the topic on which you would like to speak, to workshop.CTPOS@fda.hhs.gov by April 3, 2015.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
The FDA has rejected my request to present scientific and empirical evidence on vaping (at FDA’s so-called public workshop on June 1 & 2) on the following topics. My request and FDA's rejection letter (referring to me as Dr. Godshall) are below.

Proposed abstract for a 15 minute presentation at FDA’s June 1 & 2 e-cigarette workshop by Bill Godshall to present the following topics:

- pertinent findings and analysis of different surveys on prevalence and patterns of e-cigarette use among adult and teen smokers, former smokers and never (or non) smokers. (5 minutes)

- pertinent findings and analysis of different surveys of vapers (aka e-cigarette users) on vapor product usage patterns for different types of vapor products (e.g. “cigalike” e-cigarettes, premium vaporizers, e-liquids, flavorings and nicotine-free products), as well as cigarette usage patterns among vapers. (5 minutes)

- available e-cigarette industry sales data and sales estimates for different types of vapor products, and for different marketing channels (e.g. convenience stores, vape shops, tobacco specialty stores, Internet). (5 minutes)

Apr 28, 2015 03:34:08 PM, workshop.CTPOS@fda.hhs.gov wrote:

===========================================

Dear Dr. Godshall,

Thank you for volunteering to participate at our upcoming public workshop, “Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health”, scheduled for June 1-2, 2015. We received many nominations, and our agenda is now full, so unfortunately we cannot accommodate your request to participate as a speaker or panelist.

If you successfully registered for the workshop, you will receive an email confirmation of your registration by May 20. If you did not register, but would like to, please register at June 1-2, 2015 Public Workshop Survey

FDA established a docket for submission of written comments about the topics to be addressed at the electronic-cigarette workshops. For more information, please see CTP’s web page: Comment Opportunities

Thank you for your interest in the Center for Tobacco Products.

Sincerely,

Caryn
Well,at least they gave you credit for more degrees than you were aware you had achieved. We will now all refer to you as the highly respected Dr. Godshall. So take that FDA.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Hmph, I am very disappointed to hear this Mr. Godshall. Likely that second sentence of the first paragraph should have read:

"We received many nominations from Glantz and others who share his perspective, so our agenda is now full, so unfortunately we cannot accommodate your request to participate as a speaker or panelist lest we run the risk of actually refuting the established science in this matter."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread