GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
This is Too Funny!!!

Why would a mod Maker not want a customer to send something back for repair?!?

Curious, Jim

Hello Jim,

Hahaha! This didn't come out how I wanted to be seen! I meant: don't put much force in the sections or in case you already did it, send them back and we'll fix them :)

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
Jim, when I first joined I was very confused... Perseas would always say IF you still have a problem send it back...
My instil thought was well that's weird just like you. But then as I bought the products used the products and have come to love the product I now understand that they truly mean it! Perseas and the family here are truly with you every step of the way. Even if it's silly... They are here and have your back!

Huge advocate for gp gear and Perseas and team!

Avid, haha you know I have told stories...cuz you know I am a girl lol

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Zbeast ... try working in a bucket/bowl of cold water instead of warm.
I have tried it under running cold tap water......I can hear a "gritty" sound as it turns back and forth a couple mm. I don't have the wide rubber bands but I have the round grippers and I fully understand what Perseas meant! He is awesome! I also understand the don't force it, the more pressure you apply, the tighter it gets....with light twisting I am able to rock it clockwise and clock but just a little. I will continue to try for a few more days as I pick it up from time to time during the day and give it a twist but if I get to a point that I give up, I'll send it in to the pros!! Thanks to all for the suggestions.....I'm about to try it again!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Perseas, it is hard for me to give up and send it back so I have a question! Would it hurt the mod to drop a little very light oil in the gap that remains wher I am stuck or will it not do any good or cause issues? Just curious!

Reactions: Cucco

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Am I the only one that has had this issue? This rare mod has been sitting in my trophy case since I purchased and I have been hot and cold about using it! I wish I had broke it in earlier since I really want to use it now "in the house"!!

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
Perseas, it is hard for me to give up and send it back so I have a question! Would it hurt the mod to drop a little very light oil in the gap that remains wher I am stuck or will it not do any good or cause issues? Just curious!

Umm, I really don't think that you want to use oil. Perseas will correct me if I am wrong.

There were quite a few posts about this when these were released. Some seemed to be able to get everything working faster than others. It seems that one would really need to patiently work it back and forth. The good thing is once it is done I've not heard any other issues. You might try wearing a pair of dish washing gloves since they typically have a bit of grip to them.

From what I hear the Ti X are beyond belief and certainly one of the most beautiful mods. You are very fortunate to have one.

Woody7781

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Buffalo,NY
So funny story: There was a vape meet today at the House of Vapor. I didn't make it, spent the day with the girlfriend as we only see each other on weekends. She didn't want to go because she doesn't vape or smoke. Two of my friends went and had quite the surprise for me. Btw, the ECC thing he mentions was on 4/2 in Niagara Falls and I was telling them how I wished he had attended so I could meet him.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
The TiX threading requires ever so slightly the turn of the threads under water. A good gripping tool (rubber bands, rubber gloves, jar openers). This is what I did. And it took a 2-3 times on 2-3 different evenings. The key would always be to take on 1/4 turn at a time. Turn a 1/4, back off a 1/4. Repeat until smooth. Move up another 1/4. Don't take on too much at once because it will get stuck. I have gotten it stuck. Back it off (yes it will be tough). Proceed 1/4 turn at a time. Tackle one section at a time.
Once you seperate the sections, use a toothbrush and brush clean any particles. Then reassemble and continue. Running water helps, but won't clean those particles off alone as you work it in. So every now and then, stop, brush them, and start again.

Here is the good news. After a few sessions of this, when it threads perfectly, you will not encounter this again. I received my TiX and did this. I've gotten them stuck. I've done the work. I have never, EVER, had this issue again. Well worth the work.
Patience, and you will be rewarded with what I call the BEST mod Perseas has made. :)

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
oh....Hello family. Snow has been gone, and I've been getting outdoor work done, getting the gardens ready, etc.
A thought to Vaping Past
f7c7693f44a082a89f0960a8084a03d5.jpg

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR
So funny story: There was a vape meet today at the House of Vapor. I didn't make it, spent the day with the girlfriend as we only see each other on weekends. She didn't want to go because she doesn't vape or smoke. Two of my friends went and had quite the surprise for me. Btw, the ECC thing he mentions was on 4/2 in Niagara Falls and I was telling them how I wished he had attended so I could meet him.

Very funny!

:thumbs:

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Am I the only one that has had this issue? This rare mod has been sitting in my trophy case since I purchased and I have been hot and cold about using it! I wish I had broke it in earlier since I really want to use it now "in the house"!!

As Jerry and Yankee suggested, small twists back-forth is the key. By putting oil there, it may make things worse, depending on the quantity of Ti dust being trapped inside the threading. You have another option: our GP Service via DHL Express remote pickup is free for the owners of the TiX, so send us an email to arrange the details and on Monday we'll respond back with instructions, no worries :)

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
As Jerry and Yankee suggested, small twists back-forth is the key. By putting oil there, it may make things worse, depending on the quantity of Ti dust being trapped inside the threading. You have another option: our GP Service via DHL Express remote pickup is free for the owners of the TiX, so send us an email to arrange the details and on Monday we'll respond back with instructions, no worries :)
Very very Nice!!!

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Most Tix have been worked out in their threading before we sold them. Try to budge them clockwise and counterclockwise using rubber bands with small movements, don't force them or send them back to us to fix them.

This is Too Funny!!!

Why would a Mod Maker not want a customer to send something back for repair?!?

Curious, Jim

Hello Jim,

Hahaha! This didn't come out how I wanted to be seen! I meant: don't put much force in the sections or in case you already did it, send them back and we'll fix them :)
LMAOOOOOO!

When I read P's reply I read it as he meant it only cause I know how much he cares but I could see how you took it a different way.

No harm done.

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
Because I have lung issues, I get annual lung CT scans. I have been vaping for 2 years, 7 months, and 2 days. Last year's CTs, were the first time the report indicated lung improvements, as opposed to the normal reports I received for years, indicating additional findings. Today, I received an email regarding my lung CTs from last week. According to the report, my current CTs are now comparable to my 2008 CTs. That is seven years backwards! Very cool!

Now, if I could only find a way of preventing never-ending shingles. :)

BTW: "Howdy" Family! :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Because I have lung issues, I get annual lung CT scans. I have been vaping for 2 years, 7 months, and 2 days. Last year's CTs, were the first time the report indicated lung improvements, as opposed to the normal reports I received for years, indicating additional findings. Today, I received an email regarding my lung CTs from last week. According to the report, my current CTs are now comparable to my 2008 CTs. That is seven years backwards! Very cool!

So happy to hear the news, Im sure the rest of the family feels the same

giphy.gif

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
The TiX threading requires ever so slightly the turn of the threads under water. A good gripping tool (rubber bands, rubber gloves, jar openers). This is what I did. And it took a 2-3 times on 2-3 different evenings. The key would always be to take on 1/4 turn at a time. Turn a 1/4, back off a 1/4. Repeat until smooth. Move up another 1/4. Don't take on too much at once because it will get stuck. I have gotten it stuck. Back it off (yes it will be tough). Proceed 1/4 turn at a time. Tackle one section at a time.
Once you seperate the sections, use a toothbrush and brush clean any particles. Then reassemble and continue. Running water helps, but won't clean those particles off alone as you work it in. So every now and then, stop, brush them, and start again.

Here is the good news. After a few sessions of this, when it threads perfectly, you will not encounter this again. I received my TiX and did this. I've gotten them stuck. I've done the work. I have never, EVER, had this issue again. Well worth the work.
Patience, and you will be rewarded with what I call the BEST mod Perseas has made. :)
Great and precise instructions as usual! My problem may be that I bit off more than I can chew...turn!! It is an awesome mod and I am so proud to own it that I haven't used it yet! I'm not giving up yet!

That is so awesome as expected, give me a few more days and I may have to take you up on it!! Thanks

Jerry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
Portland, OR

That is awesome news on the lung scan!

If you do find out the secret on the shingles please let me know. They scare the cr&p out of me.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

This is great Cucco! As for the shingles you know the solution ... go do it! Much Love to you from Athens :)

That is awesome news on the lung scan!

If you do find out the secret on the shingles please let me know. They scare the cr&p out of me.

Shingles have been reported of being eliminated from the body in just one session of a biomagnetic pair therapy (20-45 minutes treatment with magnets) :)

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
7ffbe250a0ec1add187ba85fe69e1566.jpg

3660296f8c36f65a0b3dca9f30bbf8d4.jpg

Need I say more!! Thanks for all the help and suggestions but I got it now!!
Now..... Any "special" toppers out there to put upon the King....any suggestions welcomed as I want to possibly do something different as I will only use on special days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread