Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Tell me about it...
I mean, it is clear that you shouldn't be able to mention the name or location of your employer. That is black and white to me. It gets a bit fuzzy after that. I understand the intent, just not the dividing line.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Brett, while I wouldn't tie it to gender as much these days, my speech to my girls was along the lines of "You will be tied to the person you have children with for the rest of your life. You want to make sure this is someone you are willing to have to deal with like that whether you stay together or not."

That was along with the parts about how I will not bail them out of jail and I will not raise their babies for them.

With the jobs market like it is, I think couples follow whoever has the better paying job. Although men do still earn more than women even in the same job. But that's a different topic. :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Sounds like same speech in different words. I did pay for each of my sons lawyers- the First time (!) and then told them "Every young man is allowed one mistake. You just made yours." as we were leaving the courthouse. Thankfully my daughter never got into that kind of trouble, she just has a poor choice in men.
I did tell them I would not raise their children. I also told them "If you (he) are man enough to get on top of her (you), then you (he) better be man enough to put a bed under her (you)."

EDIT- Two sons, one daughter.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thank you folks on the thoughts with the Pirate's Booty. That does make sense now.

I have been blessed with a girl, then a boy, as you all know. I was very concerned about both of my teens, and they are now young adults. It came to my attention that my son was in a situation with a girl who I did not think was remotely right for my son. My daughter told me about her. I told my son that it was very easy to conceive, and that he better think about that real hard. Is this girl, the kind of person you would want to raise YOUR CHILD? She might be fun for a night or two, but could cause endless grief, if your child stemmed from that type of relationship. I said most likely she would get custody, and you would have to deal with it. She would be raising the child, and you wouldn't have much say in the matter. I said few more things, like what might be coming in, and out of the home, but you get the idea. I had to try to put the family version of what I said here, for ECF. Did I do a good job? LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:sneaky:

I say this for the ladies here who have sons. I said things very close to what was said here, to my daughter, as well. She got more of a series of speeches on the subject. I didn't say much to my son. After that he always kept any new girlfriend a secret. (from me) I said date the kind of women you would want to marry, AND raise your child. Same thing goes for what you say to the daughters.

Last edited:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hey Army!

Pop, I don't think anyone has anything figured out. The only thing I have figured out is the older I get the more I realize how little I have figured out.

I usually figure it out a week after they change it....
Baz Luhrmann says it best... Everyone's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
KK , BK is right about PB being inconsistent , he's had a coupla bottles that were awesome but the rest has been meh .

PB is my ADV/EDV too, and the last two bottles were on the bland side. It is most likely the tobacco crop that varies, like BK said. I'm still a devoted fan. Im hoping this year's crop is better.

HHV's NETs are made from heavily cased tobaccos. While seasonal crop variations most definitely impact flavor, I also wonder about variations/substitutions of the casing ingredients. The flavor changes we saw with Gandalf and Pirate's Booty in the early days were simply too great to have been attributed to seasonal crop variations alone. Not saying this isn't the situation with PB now but there are other factors that affect flavor. Dusty knows this all too well with his ADV from several years back from another vendor.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thank you folks on the thoughts with the Pirate's Booty. That does make sense now.

I have been blessed with a girl, then a boy, as you all know. I was very concerned about both of my teens, and they are now young adults. It came to my attention that my son was in a situation with a girl who I did not think was remotely right for my son. My daughter told me about her. I told my son that it was very easy to conceive, and that he better think about that real hard. Is this girl, the kind of person you would want to raise YOUR CHILD? She might be fun for a night or two, but could cause endless grief, if your child stemmed from that type of relationship. I said most likely she would get custody, and you would have to deal with it. She would be raising the child, and you wouldn't have much say in the matter. I said few more things, like what might be coming in, and out of the home, but you get the idea. I had to try to put the family version of what I said here, for ECF. Did I do a good job? LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>:sneaky:

I say this for the ladies here who have sons. I said things very close to what was said here, to my daughter, as well. She got more of a series of speeches on the subject. I didn't say much to my son. After that he always kept any new girlfriend a secret. (from me) I said date the kind of women you would want to marry, AND raise your child. Same thing goes for what you say to the daughters.
Indeed you did. :) Not easy to keep these kinds of discussions G-rated.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Been thinking - I know, that will only get me in trouble. But seriously, It's been a year now since I left the school I had been teaching at for 15 years...

...and I've got the worst case of prickly heat since we came to live here.
Cause and Effect?

Reactions: DavidOH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread