Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Do not know if this would be the correct place to ask . . . :confused:

However, since it could essentially be an "issue" for some people . . .

A question for those working on the Interface . . .

In the future and when possible - Is there a way to have the option to "Unwatch Thread" (previously "Unsubscribe") added to the threads listed in the "Watched Thread" page ? ? ?

Thanks . . . :)

Last edited:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
That little bit of code I posted for Stylish does that. I just gave it a shot in Chrome.

..... snip

ETA: How's that for a strange method of quoting? ;)

I did actually try that specific code ... there are still layout issues at higher resolution browser windows, primarily the quote boxes don't expand to the right side. The following ( including your code ) helps to an extent but they still don't make it all of the way to the right edge ( minus the border/padding )... the issue is also seen in the code area

Code:
.mainContent {
    margin-right: 0;
}

.sidebar {
    display: none;

blockquote.quoteContainer {
}

div.attribution.type {
}

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Do not know if this would be the correct place to ask . . . :confused:

However, since it could essentially be an "issue" for some people . . .

A question for those working on the Interface . . .

In the future and when possible - Is there a way to have the option to "Unwatch Thread" (previously "Unsubscribe") added to the threads listed in the "Watched Thread" page ? ? ?

Thanks . . . :)

it's there ;) but viewable only when you click on 'all watched threads' not just the ones with new posts
you'll see a little box before each thread, place a marker, look at the bottom of page for options and you'll find 'unwatch'
also, if you are in a watched thread look at the upper right corner and you'll find 'unwatch thread'

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
it's there ;) but viewable only when you click on 'all watched threads' not just the ones with new posts
you'll see a little box before each thread, place a marker, look at the bottom of page for options and you'll find 'unwatch'
also, if you are in a watched thread look at the upper right corner and you'll find 'unwatch thread'

:) Thanks . . . :wub:

AND - Yep, I saw that and know that there are other ways too to "Unwatch"/'Unsubscribe" to threads, however - even though it is absolutely not a priority, nor does it HAVE to be done - I am asking if the option can be added so it would be similar to the way it was in vB and easier for "Us" also . . . :facepalm:

Reactions: oldbikeguy

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I did actually try that specific code ... there are still layout issues at higher resolution browser windows, primarily the quote boxes don't expand to the right side. The following ( including your code ) helps to an extent but they still don't make it all of the way to the right edge ( minus the border/padding )... the issue is also seen in the code area

snip...
Try this:

Code:
  .mainContent {
  }
  .sidebar {
  display: none;
  } 
  .bbCodeBlock {
  margin-right: 0px;
  }

This about drove me nuts until I finally realized that tib's post [HASHTAG]#584[/HASHTAG] had actual line feeds in it.

A Tapatalk thing?

BTW, have you tried invisible text?_

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Try this:

This about drove me nuts until I finally realized...

The ".bbCodeBlock" portion resolved the issue I was seeing... :)

... I may have gotten there eventually if I'd not gotten lazy and actually read through the full code as I should have instead of just small portions of it. I burned out long ago reading code and don't have the patience for it now. :facepalm:

Reactions: oldbikeguy

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Not sure if it's my browser (FF)...or a "bug" that will eventually be fixed...or actually "by design"...but...when I click on a link to a different thread like this:

Little itty bitty mods under $100. | Page 96 | E-Cigarette Forum

the new thread opens in the same tab that the thread I was reading is on.

For me...it would be much more convenient if the linked thread would open in a new tab (like most of the other posted links seem to do).

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Not sure if it's my browser (FF)...or a "bug" that will eventually be fixed...or actually "by design"...but...when I click on a link to a different thread like this:

the new thread opens in the tab that the thread I was reading is on.

For me...it would be much more convenient if the linked thread would open in a new tab (like most of the other posted links seem to do).
IDK if this helps you or not, but I have my middle mouse button set to open link in new tab. I use that for ALL sites. Depends on your mouse and your settings.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok

the new thread opens in the same tab that the thread I was reading is on.

I'll mention that I believe that is by design... links to other websites open in new tabs/windows and links to this forum open in the same window. That has sort of become a default on most websites but is still up to the designer.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread