Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
For those of us that rebuild the SubTank Mini OCC coils, saw a new trick yesterday. I just wish I had a coil that needed rebuilding to try it out.

zzv0NNA.jpg

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Looking for feedback folks! By this time next year I will be retiring and will then begin the wonderful life of living on a very fixed income. So what I am trying to do is be set up with gear that will really last as I will not be able to blow and go on the ever changing latest and greatest new thing. I have been thinking of adding a provari to my gear pack and there are several in the classies but I don't know the real relevance of the difference in versions! There is a version 1,2, 2.5 and 3 in the classies! Anyone able to give me the skinny on the differences?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Don't have time to explain anymore as I'm heading into town but as one who has 2 P 2.5's and a P3 , go for the P3 Chili. Real quick, the P3 in more versatile in that you can build down to 0.7 vs 1.2 and it can be used in 18350, 500 and 650 mode. the interface is much nicer, has more features and is upgradeable as well...;)

Nothing wrong with the P 2.5 either as it is a very reliable work horse too.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Looking for feedback folks! By this time next year I will be retiring and will then begin the wonderful life of living on a very fixed income. So what I am trying to do is be set up with gear that will really last as I will not be able to blow and go on the ever changing latest and greatest new thing. I have been thinking of adding a provari to my gear pack and there are several in the classies but I don't know the real relevance of the difference in versions! There is a version 1,2, 2.5 and 3 in the classies! Anyone able to give me the skinny on the differences?

The P3 also has a cool function called Boost. That feature preheats the coil for a certain amount of time (determined by you) so that even with higher ohm builds you still get great flavor. I'm in Distortoblotto's camp: go with the P3. :)

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I'm looking at the new Vapor Flask Squonker. Seems like it might be the best of both worlds ... Anyway, I have ZERO idea what to get for an atty (or two). Clearly want to maximize the flavor of my NT juices (see? I worked NT into the conversation), but will need bottom feeders (she said, stating the obvious. :)). I'd dearly love to find something(s) easy to build with the flavor of an Erlk. Suggestions?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
For those of us that rebuild the SubTank Mini OCC coils, saw a new trick yesterday. I just wish I had a coil that needed rebuilding to try it out.

zzv0NNA.jpg

Lynn, I have a pile of um, if you want them PM me, I'll send them to ya.....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I'm looking at the new Vapor Flask Squonker. Seems like it might be the best of both worlds ... Anyway, I have ZERO idea what to get for an atty (or two). Clearly want to maximize the flavor of my NT juices (see? I worked NT into the conversation), but will need bottom feeders (she said, stating the obvious. :)). I'd dearly love to find something(s) easy to build with the flavor of an Erlk. Suggestions?

Maybe check out Chowerheads Catfish Atty's thread, he has all sorts of bottom feeders for sale.....:toast:

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Ok NuThouse peeps....seriously, I ADORE Betelgeuse, but I can't get more than about 6-8ml through ANY coil before it begins tasting burnt and discolor ing in the tank. I prefer to vape it in either a Naui Mini or Atlantis or Subtank Mini. Any advice or experience with making the factory OCC BVC coils last any longer with BG?

It's KILLIN MEH that I can't enjoy one of my VERY FAVORITE juices of all time without having to change coils every day or two. I am not chain vaping it and am usually only running it at about 10W (about HALF what I run almost every other NT juice at).
:confused::?:

I'm at a loss....ANY Tips, Tricks, Advice, Experiences appreciated!
TIA :)

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Ok NuThouse peeps....seriously, I ADORE Betelgeuse, but I can't get more than about 6-8ml through ANY coil before it begins tasting burnt and discolor ing in the tank. I prefer to vape it in either a Naui Mini or Atlantis or Subtank Mini. Any advice or experience with making the factory OCC BVC coils last any longer with BG?

It's KILLIN MEH that I can't enjoy one of my VERY FAVORITE juices of all time without having to change coils every day or two. I am not chain vaping it and am usually only running it at about 10W (about HALF what I run almost every other NT juice at).

At what ohms ?

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan

I don't vape BG, but the same thing happens to me with more juices than I would like in the Nautilus Minis. There's a new tank many of us have been using that does MUCH better and coils last much longer. I can't link it here, but I will send you a PM. Anyone else who is looking to perhaps replace some of their Nautilus Minis, shoot me a PM and I will send you the link, as well. Coils for the Nautilus Minis are seriously adding to the cost of many of my favorite juices! Rebuilding is, of course, the cheapest answer. Longer lasting coils is the next best solution. PM incoming! :)

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
I don't vape BG, but the same thing happens to me with more juices than I would like in the Nautilus Minis. There's a new tank many of us have been using that does MUCH better and coils last much longer. I can't link it here, but I will send you a PM. Anyone else who is looking to perhaps replace some of their Nautilus Minis, shoot me a PM and I will send you the link, as well. Coils for the Nautilus Minis are seriously adding to the cost of many of my favorite juices! Rebuilding is, of course, the cheapest answer. Longer lasting coils is the next best solution. PM incoming! :)

That's what I get for buying one for EACH NT flavor....something better ALWAYS comes out....:facepalm::lol::facepalm:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Nauti minis are either 1.6 or 1.8

The Atlantis and Subtanks are both 0.5

SS, Thanks for the suggestion! Hadn't visited the " Blottogeuse" ( Josh! :laugh: ) in a while. Prefer mine dripped and am doing so as I type. It's been my experience that the BG likes the air as well as the heat. May I suggest priming up a new 0.5 ohm coil in the ST "wide open" @ 17.5 watts to start and hanging onto your socks...:w00t: By running with the higher ohm coils to the lower heat, me thinks you are more than likely cooking the juice to the coil.

By comparison, I'm dripping the BG right now in the Tugboat v2 in which I've throttled back the afc to about the same as a wide open ST @ 0.6 ohms. With a fresh battery @ 4.2 volts, it's putting me just south of 29.5 watts. ( Damn!, almost forgot how good the BG really is! :drool: )

On a final note, I've been very impressed with the performance of the stock OCC and have received great mileage from them however, I'm finding that by rebuilding them with my own coil and wicking, they perform even better. So much so that I've yet to bother with building the rda units...:?:

In any case, give it a shot and please report back! Would love to read of your results...;)

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Hello the LB!...:)

My dna40 units are squonkers but here's the current build for Atlanta which is about as gunky as it gets. 2mm 28g ni200, 7/6 wrap built to...
ISrhBR9.jpg

Haven't done the nickel in a ST but using 0.12- 0.13 as a baseline ( for 50/50 liquids) and starting out at 360 degrees /20- 25 watts or so, @ 0.15, you should be fine. Just make sure the air setting is wide open and adjust for draw and temperature from there. As you more than likely already know, the beauty of temperature control is the lack of dry hits.

( as mentioned, I haven't done the nickel in a ST but this is where I would start myself)

Best of vape to you and please share your results no matter which way you decide to go.

Reactions: LittleBird
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread