Latest trip to the dentist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
So I had the latest of my twice a year cleanings and checkups at the dentist on Wednesday this week. I've had one since starting to vape but it was not long after I switched. But now that some actual time has passed they we're very impressed. My gums look better and healthier, some of the recession along the gumline is reversing itself, and even my X-rays show healthier teeth. There was some minor infection in the gums though that they told me is quite common in people who've recently quit smoking. So a few minutes with the ultrasonic cleaner and that's taken care of. They we're all very supportive of vaping as an alternative to smoking and say I'm not the only person they've seen in showing improvements in oral health after switching. Kinda went in not knowing what to expect with all the bad press e-cigs are getting from people who actually buy into the poorly conducted studies everyone is always talking about and the ad campaigns against it. I was relieved to get their support on this. So that's my dentist and my GP who are on board. And that makes me feel better since I've gotten numerous lengthy speeches from both about the damage I was doing to myself by smoking.

:)

toothboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
That's great! Glad your dentist is supportive. I try to educate my patients who smoke about vaping, and I'll even pull my PV out and show them. I've converted a couple, which always feels good. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the norm. Several dental message boards I frequent treat vaping the same way they do cigarettes. I guess you can't win em all.

Reactions: Katmar

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
That's great! Glad your dentist is supportive. I try to educate my patients who smoke about vaping, and I'll even pull my PV out and show them. I've converted a couple, which always feels good. Unfortunately, this does not seem to be the norm. Several dental message boards I frequent treat vaping the same way they do cigarettes. I guess you can't win em all.

Nice, Doc.
Where do you practice, as I need some work done??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread