Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Someone mentioned a company that custom painted mods... I had asked for the website, but nobody responded, and now I honestly can't remember the name of the company. I believe someone had had their VaporShark rDNA repainted...

There must be some company that would be able to paint the black/gray/pink/silver portion of the SX?

Anyone know?
I can powder coat mine, myself when it gets to lookin bad enough. Thanks

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Good stuff and I will post my findings on the V4 thread and let you all know too :)

I'll be watching. :)

ETA: I have never run either of my K4's with Kanthal, only Nickel. And, they LIVE on my SX and 40 with virtually no issues.

Slow down. You'll get there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Someone mentioned a company that custom painted mods... I had asked for the website, but nobody responded, and now I honestly can't remember the name of the company. I believe someone had had their VaporShark rDNA repainted...

There must be some company that would be able to paint the black/gray/pink/silver portion of the SX?

Anyone know?
I can powder coat mine, myself when it gets to lookin bad enough. Thanks
OCD mods
OCD Mods - Glendale, Arizona - Professional Services - Timeline | Facebook

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
[
...I'd be genuinely interested in seeing where these statements of 10% degree of error...

Varitube spent quite a bit of time with YiHi at a Vegas trade show before the M class was released. They posted at that time that they thought the chip was accurate to within 10%. Later, around the time of release, I asked in the thread about temperature accuracy but my question was ignored.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The silver on my M is a good job but the black scratches easily, bad powder coat.
Yep the new ones are different. They almost feel like a fine sandpaper. You should be able to get it replaced. I got a black and a grey and the black has a different paint evidently the black is the one they had the problems with and changed it to what I have now. The grey is still sort of smooth. They are both from the latest batch and the black is the only one that has this finish. So far.

Reactions: Bikenstein

patioclark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Lafayette, CO USA
Hey Papa, I have no experience with a Kayfun V4, or a Lemo or Lemo V2, but I've given up my Kafun V2 for the Erlkonigin and, heaven forbid, the clones. It's just a straight forward build and works great with a 4/5 wrap at 3 mm, 28g Ni and KGD cotton on my sx mini M at about .07. Quorax is the dude and you can see his builds and tips on other threads. Works great for me. Fewer parts and heartaches IMOP. I actually went there prior to TC and loved it with Kanthal. A clone from FT would be a quick and cheap way to try it out. 2 cents please.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

Anyone know?

OCD mods on FaceBook

Reactions: Shel

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I'll be watching. :)

ETA: I have never run either of my K4's with Kanthal, only Nickel. And, they LIVE on my SX and 40 with virtually no issues.

Slow down. You'll get there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure the K4 would work just fine with nickel especially with the SX since you lock in the resistance. I just like the way it looks on my P3. I love the way the Kangers work on the M.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Yep the new ones are different. They almost feel like a fine sandpaper. You should be able to get it replaced. I got a black and a grey and the black has a different paint evidently the black is the one they had the problems with and changed it to what I have now. The grey is still sort of smooth. They are both from the latest batch and the black is the only one that has this finish. So far.
Are you saying they will replace it under warranty because of a faulty paint?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
[

Varitube spent quite a bit of time with YiHi at a Vegas trade show before the M class was released. They posted at that time that they thought the chip was accurate to within 10%. Later, around the time of release, I asked in the thread about temperature accuracy but my question was ignored.

Thanks for posting that peraspera I hadn't seen that post previously. I could easily see that degree of tolerance back in January while they were still in development. But we haven't seen anything or heard anything from the manufacture or anywhere else to substantiate any claims to accuracy or tolerance on the public release that I'm aware of.

Hopefully someone will answer your question on the other thread and if they do please link to it here as there seems to be some that will just randomly pick a number of 10%,15% or 20% depending on what post you read and claim it as fact.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Good call.

Although I have the silver, so hopefully it holds up a while yet. Still looks damn near new just over three weeks of me using it.

I have the grey/silver and the grey is marring from where I hold it. Two spots where my middle finger and ring finger hold it. Not through the paint but there is a slightly different color / texture to it there. Thinking of just doing a clear matte enamel to protect it before it get's really bad. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 12 oz. Clear Matte Protective Enamel Spray Paint-285093 - The Home Depot

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I have the grey/silver and the grey is marring from where I hold it. Two spots where my middle finger and ring finger hold it. Not through the paint but there is a slightly different color / texture to it there. Thinking of just doing a clear matte enamel to protect it before it get's really bad. Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 12 oz. Clear Matte Protective Enamel Spray Paint-285093 - The Home Depot
Would love to know how easy that goes on if/when you do it. As in prep work and what not.
Mine still looks new, but I wanna keep it that way. So this is either going to get something like that or pay a visit to OCD but I don't wanna lose the one year warranty .

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD

Might not be a bad idea, let us know how it turns out if you do decide to.

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
[

Thanks for posting that peraspera I hadn't seen that post previously. I could easily see that degree of tolerance back in January while they were still in development. But we haven't seen anything or heard anything from the manufacture or anywhere else to substantiate any claims to accuracy or tolerance on the public release that I'm aware of.

Hopefully someone will answer your question on the other thread and if they do please link to it here as there seems to be some that will just randomly pick a number of 10%,15% or 20% depending on what post you read and claim it as fact.

Somebody needs a hug.
dude, we've got what you are saying; its ok to disagree with us.

Dude, The 10% was EXACTLY the number I had stated. It is also the number shown in the FLIR that PB used in his video in APRIL. Clearly shows readings of 330 (when set to 300) and 551 (when set to 500). 10.0% and 10.2%.

That # is based upon the "ideal" "recommended" build. Variate from that by going up to 0.15, 0.20, 0.30, 0.50 ohms builds and you will be even further off.

But heck.... Nows its only me, PB, varitube and yihi. Guess you need more proof?

Its ok though. At least we learned the moon is a planet and we can drive a 25000 lb truck over a 3k limit bridge because it only becomes 500 pounds if we reset the scale at zero first.

@Vlad1 and @Fir3b1rd .... i'll give you a hug.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Would love to know how easy that goes on if/when you do it. As in prep work and what not.
Mine still looks new, but I wanna keep it that way. So this is either going to get something like that or pay a visit to OCD but I don't wanna lose the one year warranty .

Yea, That's really what's holding me back. If anything goes wrong later on and I have to send it in and it's been painted that could be a problem. As for prep for me it would be pretty easy. I wouldn't disassemble I'd just mask the C-frame and paint away. :)

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Yea, That's really what's holding me back. If anything goes wrong later on and I have to send it in and it's been painted that could be a problem. As for prep for me it would be pretty easy. I wouldn't disassemble I'd just mask the C-frame and paint away. :)
Lol, I would feel the need to water block, bondo, water block, prime, water lock, then paint, water block, clear.
Once I start I get this terrible need to go into overkill mode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread