Status
Not open for further replies.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Multiply your liquid strength times the amount you use in a typical day and respond to the poll with your answer. ( strength mg/ml X volume used in ml = mg of nicotine per day )

We've had polls on the amount used and on nic level used, but I feel those are becoming less and less useful with the wide variety of vaping styles in use these days. Someone may go from vaping 18mg/ml in a clearo to dripping 3mg in a sub ohm, but are they really using more, less or the same amount of nicotine? Multiply out out and let us know in the comments if you're increasing, decreasing or staying the same.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
For well over a year, my nicotine usage stayed right around 30 to 35 mg a day. I'd vary the strength and without thinking about it, I'd end up vaping more or less resulting in pretty much the same amount of nic per day.

about 6 weeks ago, I got a sore throat for 2 or 3 days that vaping made worse, I cut way down on vaping as a result. When I started vaping normally again, I noticed I was only using 4ml of 6mg a day, about 24mg a day. I guess the nic in my freezer will last even longer than I'd planned.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Dec. '11 changed down to 12mg/ml from 18. Have kept it and plan on keeping it the same.

I was a 30cigaday user for 35yrs. MarbLites.

I use a carto on an Ischtick. Was down to 0nic for a few weeks back then.

( It's a treatment for an illness as well as quitting smoking for me ).

how many ml do you use? has that changed? Please multiply it out (mg x ml) for your poll answer.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I think my nic usage per day has probably stayed pretty close to the 61-80 I use currently; when I first started, I chainvaped constantly, never put it down, so I had to use 6-8mg liquid; now it's far more relaxed, I don't really chainvape to any great extent, and I use 10mg. It works better for me this way, now that I'm actually calm about the fact that I'm not smoking; I have asthma, so less vaping is much better for me than more vaping; the amount of nicotine is pretty constant.

Andria

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
Approximately 2.25 mg, if I were inhaling the vapor into my lungs. I dilute a 24 mg liquid with 6 mg liquid and maybe get around 1.5 strength, give or take - no way to know. The cartridge on my PV holds 1.6 ml. I've never used up a whole one in a day. If we're talking about absorption through tissues in my mouth, then my intake approaches zero.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Approximately 2.25 mg, if I were inhaling the vapor into my lungs. I dilute a 24 mg liquid with 6 mg liquid and maybe get around 1.5 strength, give or take - no way to know. The cartridge on my PV holds 1.6 ml. I've never used up a whole one in a day. If we're talking about absorption through tissues in my mouth, then my intake approaches zero.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to question your math however. If you're mixing 24mg and 6 mg, the result can't be lower than 6mg. Maybe 15mg-ish?

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I'm not sure if this is a scientific way of measuring the amount of nicotine your body is handling. I'm not a medical researcher, but the body does processes out nicotine on a continuous basis so I don't think it's a cut-n-dry proposition of multiplying the nicotine content times the amount of eliquid vaped. I would love to hear from someone who really knows such as Dr. Farsalinos.

Reactions: Scottitude

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I'm not sure if this is a scientific way of measuring the amount of nicotine your body is handling. I'm not a medical researcher, but the body does processes out nicotine on a continuous basis so I don't think it's a cut-n-dry proposition of multiplying the nicotine content times the amount of eliquid vaped. I would love to hear from someone who really knows such as Dr. Farsalinos.

I'm sure you're right, it's still over-simplified. But I think it's more on track than just reporting volume or strength alone.

Reactions: RosaJ

mojofilter

Mar 10, 2015
Florida, USA
Does my apparently wrong answer have anything to do with how I mixed figures with and without decimal points? If I have 2.4% liquid and dilute it with .6% liquid, it's going to be somewhere in the range between 1 and 2%, isn't it? I chose 1.5% for strength and multiplied it by usage of approx. 1.5 ml and the calculator said 2.25. Is there something I've failed to understand about this formula? If there is, I'd be grateful if you'd explain where my understanding breaks down.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Does my apparently wrong answer have anything to do with how I mixed figures with and without decimal points? If I have 2.4% liquid and dilute it with .6% liquid, it's going to be somewhere in the range between 1 and 2%, isn't it? I chose 1.5% for strength and multiplied it by usage of approx. 1.5 ml and the calculator said 2.25. Is there something I've failed to understand about this formula? If there is, I'd be grateful if you'd explain where my understanding breaks down.

You're 100% correct; 24mg + 6mg = 30mg / 2 = 15mg -- if you mix it 50/50. If you use 1.5ml of that per day, then it's about 22.5mg per day -- that you USE -- it says nothing about how much you absorb. I didn't think the absorption was what was asked -- it asked how much we USE per day. The absorption can vary widely by type of device, method of inhale, and even personal metabolism.

Andria

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there

Ah, yes, it appears you mixed percentage and mg/ml numbers together.
24 mg/ml is the same as 2.4%, and .6% is the same as 6mg/ml. The poll was set up for mg., so you'd be at 22.5 mg used per day.

Reactions: David Wolf

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
60mg per day, using 10mg/ml juice.

Going to be fun seeing how people react when they think thet are using LESS, because they dropped from say 15mg/ml to 10 mg/ml. Only to find they are actually using more nic. Because they are also increased juice coonsumption along with the drop in concentration.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
60mg per day, using 10mg/ml juice.

Going to be fun seeing how people react when they think thet are using LESS, because they dropped from say 15mg/ml to 10 mg/ml. Only to find they are actually using more nic. Because they are also increased juice coonsumption along with the drop in concentration.

Exactly right -- and unlike many, I actually increased my nicotine mg, because I needed to decrease my vaping as much as practicable, for my asthma. Right now I'm in the process of stepping down my WTA by one percentage point a month, so I actually reduced my nic level in my recipes, to 9.8mg rather than 10mg, in case I'm vaping more because of decreasing WTA. I may be down to about 9.5mg by the time I'm done with the WTA, where I'll probably stay for a while, or maybe go back up to 10mg so I can vape less.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread