Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavkov

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Bulgaria
Of course any costs would be on me, you're already doing very much, I'm just wondering if that stuff may be as good as their rayon balls
Thank you again.
Go back a few pages back and see what tchavei wrote about the balls. He is the only one, as far as I know, who can really compare the real deal with the dm's balls

slavkov

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Bulgaria
The 200 looks like its in a form similar to Sally's but more like pharmaceutical and flattened more into a sheet instead of round.
Yep it's like a sheet but I prefer the balls. Much easier to work with and the fibers are better lined.

Anyway, looks like another bag is going on a journey :)

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Sorry I didn't answer sooner. Spent the weekend speaking Spanish lol ;)

Anyway, I prefer the dm balls over Sally and the small tidi balls.

Great that slakov is helping you out. DM stores seem only to be around central and Northern Europe. No such luck in southern Europe (Portugal, Spain, Italy, etc).

If you ever need rayon besides those dm balls, you can get Sally's from cloud9vaping and pink-mule. The latter also has tidi balls (the small ones I believe). I never tried those freak fibres but they are available in Europe at several places.

Tony

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Would it not be sweet if someone made kgd pad clones out of rayon. Imagine the ease of consistancy and use that would bring.

Its only easier for people that are use to kogendo.

I don't see what the benefit is of a pad. It never comes out even, you always have corners. Cotton swells to fill the voids rayon doesn't.

If you make your own its comes out even because you roll it round.. but manufactured pads it cuts out square. :2c::2c:

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've been flattening out my cut length of Sally's into a neat little pad, trimming off how much I need, then rolling it like a doobie. I have no idea why that works for me, but it does. :laugh:

Yeah o do that sometimes. Mostly to get a nice even fluff by separating the fibers fully so there's no precompression in the fiber length.

And you know where I got my rolling skills.. Lol

Grendel6.5

Moved On
Apr 25, 2015
Its only easier for people that are use to kogendo.

I don't see what the benefit is of a pad. It never comes out even, you always have corners. Cotton swells to fill the voids rayon doesn't.

If you make your own its comes out even because you roll it round.. but manufactured pads it cuts out square.
It would simplify getting the corrct amount for newbies and pros alike if you could just wack off a 1/4"strip and be done. Kinda self explanatory......

Reactions: JeremyR

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Ive been lurking in this thread for a while, always too fearful to attempt to rebuild. I had all the supplies I needed but was to scared to try anything above a protank coil after a 1 time miserable fail with my lemo drop using cotton. I just couldnt wick it right and I thought I'd cough up my lungs if I continued trying.

Today I finally decided to attempt a dual coil build on an Authentic Vape Jam rda I got off classifieds a long time ago when I thought rebuilding would be easy. Its been sitting in a drawer for months.....so I finally gave it a go. 3rd times the charm!!!!! 1 set of coils kept reading different ohms, 2nd set I tightened the posts to much and it shorted. 3 set and its perfect at .92 ohms!!! Im really enjoying this Vape Jam atty on my istick 30 :) Gotta get a new 50w mod now!!!!

This time I used rayon. BOY IS IT FORGIVING. It was perfect the first time and it's hitting beautifully. Not a dry hit all day. This is the best wicking material ever! Had I originally tried rayon with the lemo I probably wouldnt have stayed away from rebuilding as long as I did.
Good job and welcome aboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread