All of these threads about pending bills that would hinder vaping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And no place to find the results of those bills, or the efforts to fight them.

Can we use this thread, or some other method, to post the final results of the various legislative attempts?
People in other states probably don't spend any time keeping up with state-by-state threads to see what actually happened.

I would very much like a place to keep track of what legislation has passed or been defeated.
That way everyone can go to one place to see what is really going on out there.

Are we winning?
Are we losing?

What have we already lost, and where?

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
I would guess that it's a matter of who has the time to do this (wish I did, my real life is about to go into overdrive). There could be a table list by state, bill no., a link to the email contact, status as to where it is (committee etc), next date of action (if applicable for a meeting) and then a win/loss column to close it out. It would take a bit of time to set up and then more to maintain it.

Once it was done, then 1 link could take you to the table to see the full picture. It's sad that all the states are acting like sheeple and swarming to pass vaping regulations so they look like they're doing something good.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I would guess that it's a matter of who has the time to do this (wish I did, my real life is about to go into overdrive). There could be a table list by state, bill no., a link to the email contact, status as to where it is (committee etc), next date of action (if applicable for a meeting) and then a win/loss column to close it out. It would take a bit of time to set up and then more to maintain it.

Once it was done, then 1 link could take you to the table to see the full picture. It's sad that all the states are acting like sheeple and swarming to pass vaping regulations so they look like they're doing something good.
I totally agree that it would take a lot of time and effort for one person to handle this.
Which is why I would love for everybody involved in any legislative effort to get used to the concept of posting final results in one place.

Then it would be easy.
:)

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
The only feasible way to manage these ECF legislative threads is to continue updating the same thread about each bill's progression and/or demise.

That's what I've been doing for the past five years, and its worked out pretty well.

The problems arise when folks start new threads about a bill (or bills) that already have existing threads, and because many folks fail to update threads about the progression, tabling or defeat of a bill.

Reactions: WillyZee

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The only feasible way to manage these ECF legislative threads is to continue updating the same thread about each bill's progression and/or demise.

That's what I've been doing for the past five years, and its worked out pretty well.
Meh.

My idea is not just about getting people to take action.
It's about keeping track of it all.

One thread to post results, with links to the original thread.
It shouldn't be hard to do, I would like to think.

The problems arise when folks start new threads about a bill (or bills) that already have existing threads, and because many folks fail to update threads about the progression, tabling or defeat of a bill.
Yeah, if people aren't updating with results, then my idea is useless.
But a central resource for results can have some usefulness, but only if it actually works.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I would LOVE to have closure on some of these: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-n-dakota-cta-update-new-california-cta.html

Unfortunately, I cannot find what the results are for each of these that are still open. :(

I try to track back to the original CTA thread and have moved things that are no longer 'Active' into the CASAA Archives: CTA Archive

Sometimes I am actually able to get the actual results. :shock: The Roundup Thread (first link posted) is about as close to keeping it all in one that we have at the moment.

Ideally, I think a thread with each state having their own post, alphabetical cuz I am .... like that, and the bills listed for the state that have/are being fought and the results next to them.

Example:

Louisiana would be the title of the post

New Orleans - Concluded Unsuccessfully :( <~optional emoticon

SB668 - Concluded (I only know that it is concluded but I don't know how it went)

SB 384 -
HB 1169 -
SB 539 -
HB 1432 -
HB 1235 -

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
To add to this further, I would be willing to update each post if someone PM's me the results. I know that after a certain amount of time goes by, people cannot edit their posts any longer. I don't have those restrictions ;)

As we get into this fight further, there will be legislation introduced into every state eventually. It would be nice to see victories and what losses there are.

Reactions: kkay59

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Meh.

My idea is not just about getting people to take action.
It's about keeping track of it all.

One thread to post results, with links to the original thread.
It shouldn't be hard to do, I would like to think.

Yeah, if people aren't updating with results, then my idea is useless.
But a central resource for results can have some usefulness, but only if it actually works.

Chart / spreadsheet linked from a single ongoing thread..?

Reactions: four2109

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Wasn't there a US map that you could click on a state and it would tell you passed/defeated/pending legislation in that state? It was a good while ago, and I may not be remembering correctly, but I'm thinking it was a link from either ECF or CASAA
Yes.

It was created on ECF and I am not sure where the link is.
I kind of doubt it is still being updated, if it even exists anymore.

Maybe someone will come along and show us where it is if it still exists.

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
. . . .
What have we already lost, and where?

Unfortunately there have been so many attacks at the County & Municipal levels recently here in the U.S., it's just about a full-time (and extremely depressing) job to keep up with them all.

It's easier but no less depressing to use some ANTZ links if you want to know what we've lost so far. I'll leave the winning/losing question up to someone else.

For e-cig specifics, these people take pride in keeping their e-cig scorecard here updated quarterly or so it seems. This is also about the only place I know of to get info on passed e-cig legislation at State, County, & Municipal level.

At state level and to see what's up their sleeves you can always look at the CDC sites here and here, as well as the US HHS site.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Unfortunately there have been so many attacks at the County & Municipal levels recently here in the U.S., it's just about a full-time (and extremely depressing) job to keep up with them all.

It's easier but no less depressing to use some ANTZ links if you want to know what we've lost so far. I'll leave the winning/losing question up to someone else.

For e-cig specifics, these people take pride in keeping their e-cig scorecard here updated quarterly or so it seems. This is also about the only place I know of to get info on passed e-cig legislation at State, County, & Municipal level.

At state level and to see what's up their sleeves you can always look at the CDC sites here and here, as well as the US HHS site.

Thanks for the links. Lots of info. Very glad to find the stuff they have at that first CDC link for my state (Illinois).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread