Kanger Mini Subtank RBA Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Had an extra deck and decided to experiment. Not an original idea, I read some stuff on reddit from a couple people who did the same kinda thing. I like it so well I will prob mod the rest of my subtanks like this. Use at your own risk, you might hate it and ruin your rba section lol.

Yes the coil is kinda messed up, must have dinged it while cleaning or something. Anyway not about the coil :)

Last edited:

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Damn, you got skill man, but how fast it does it goes thru juice?
It acts like the OCC now, so about the same.

I would have thought that that mod would lead to some wicked flooding. I love that skin for your Istick(?) though, awesome.
Jwrap Chain Link, not quite as freaky in person, the pic really brought out the 3d effect.
It is a pancake wick, basically the OCC but easier for me to work on. Have two mini's cut now, and will cut my first gen 25mm chimney like this today.
No leaks, no dry hits, flavor is there. There is potential to dump a full tank if the cotton becomes dislodged, but a drop that hard would prob shatter the glass anyway.

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
Man if I had the tools I would totally steal this! I really want to use my rba but I have no experience in using cotton and rips video has helped me out a tad. I'm just worried about getting dry hits and getting discouraged.

Also, that skin is sick. Where did you get it? I've been looking for some skins for the istick50w.

Reactions: thetrucker

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Jwrap Chain Link, not quite as freaky in person, the pic really brought out the 3d effect.
Man if I had the tools I would totally steal this!
You can get some small files for not much money, push from inside out to keep the threads clean. A little fine sandpaper should clean it up.

Last edited:

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Hey nice job on that im a little late to the thread but at least I made it. I filed by hand the two tiny channels on the base with a round file and I also drilled two of the air holes in the bottom pin to 3mm. It now has airflow like the OCC too, you should try it its really nice a swooshy airflow now.

Uranium Willie

Jun 26, 2015
Between dry hits, wicks burning from not enough juice, flooding from not enough wick, and other issues, i almost gave up on this tank. But...

Without modding the juice channels, i found that twisting the cotton tightly before passing through coil helped fix all problems. I then coiled the excess wick tightly against the deck, put the chimney on, juiced it, then pushed the wick mass away from each side's terminal where the leg-wire connects.

No pops, no spits, no sonic booms, no flooding, no burns, no dry hits... just tasty heaven.

coffeebum

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
South Ga.
Just to update, I have had zero flooding and zero dry hits to date. Running the RBA's in three subtank mini's, all are modded the same.
No more fiddling with the wicking trying to get it just right, and I don't have to primer puff at all. I might have a couple OCC's left but don't use them anymore.
The newest subtank RBA's have a 3mm hole in the side, this is a fix for those of us who have the older style.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Nice work-- it is interesting what people are coming up with to change the factory design.

I love my 10.00 drummel tool have used it many times. Recently I have been cutting channels in the bottom pins

and insulators to convert all my drippers to bottom feed squonkers. it is easy and fun only

takes 10 minutes.

Reactions: coffeebum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread