SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
It would be very helpful for troubleshooting purposes to have temperature accuracy specs from YiHi for at least their recommended oHm build range. Specifics as to what they mean by "some unexpected behaviors" for 3+ oHm builds would also be useful to know. Since you have staff on the ground it would be a welcome contribution to the community if you could have them get at least that bit of information.

YiHi's owner/lead engineer does not speak any English. All of YiHi's large manufacturing customers who would need technical information are Chinese. The people doing YiHi's communication in English are sales people not techs.

Here's what I will do for you all. Write a list of questions and I will have one of my Hong Kong guys (they talk Chinese) to get some answers. But please keep it constructive and let's be very respecful. No comparisons with DMA stuff as that will be taken as an insult. Just keep it simple and to the point and I will try. I got a lot on right now but sure, why not.

I will say one thing to everyone. This tech is so important I think we should all cut-each other some slack. Even when you know you are in the right. If this were another tech then fine. Argue it out. But vaping really needs some sold comunities to show everyone what all this is really about (stinkies!!!). We really need solidarity and I see that a lot here. So I will try and help where I can. Not that it will count for much. But together who knows.

Good stuff and you clever boys have a group hug

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
kGfoq.gif

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
I have a bigger problem than all of you! today my sx mini tm logo is wearing off lol! I mean how do I know it is the sx mini then? I might think I am using the vapor flask or rdna for instance! hope you guys were in the mood for a joke. it is getting too hot in here.

Nic,

I feel sorry for you if the Logo is really wearing off on your SX. That said if you are having trouble telling the difference between your SX, Vapor Flask and rdna the Logo problem is the least of your problems. :lol:

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
OK PapaPro,

I had vision of someone like the guy behind ProVape or Zen Pro... ;)

Are you smoke free now or still the occasional cig? In any case for me it took maybe as much as a month to switch completely. I didn't make any special effort vaping just took over the cigs on it's own. One night I was out of cigs and thought darn I'll have to run to the store and then found myself saying well I have my Mod and I can wait till morning. That was the last time I bought any cigarettes - Thank God, because I had tried everything else imaginable.

I am still smoking. It's driving me crazy. I take my tanks with me but if they stop working then I run to the shops and buy some stinkies. But I am getting there. From 20 a day down to 5 :) vaping is changing my life. And I cannot wait until they nail this tech. We just need some sold research so the MFGs have some science to work with. Govements dragging their feet seems our bigggest hurdle. Then is thould all come together nicely. Which is why we need to stick together and not let little things get in the way of the cause.

I am so blown away by this tech. But half glad I only found it now as it just seems to be on a roll. The next 12 months will be very interesting.

Take good care all,

Richard

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
My name is Richard Papa. No secret there. One of the best products I was involved with was Optibike. I was the UK distributor. Now I design, produce and supply flying machines. Nothing remotely related to this tech. So best we not go too off-topic.

I am just someone who desperately wants to give up smoking. So bad I am posting on this forum :)
upload_2015-5-3_18-21-43.jpeg
.............:thumbs: Good luck with quitting, keep at it

Reactions: PapaPro

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hang in there PapaPro... you will get there.... I went from 40 unfiltered Pall Malls a day for 40 years to zero going on 5 years now. One of the best decision I ever made. ECF was a great help to me over the years and a great source to keep up with what's changing and what's new. I like fiddle free vaping so pre-made nickel coils work for me. I just plug in a new coil and vape, refill tank and vape, and etc. Then I just change out the coil for a new one and repeat. What ever satisfies your habit/hobby is what's right for you. No right or wrong way but just what works for you. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

dannyben

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2014
USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Stand Down !

Jake67

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Us
I have a silver/ grey 4 weeks old. The paint where my finger wraps around the mod is completely worn. I've had the S class since December with out these same issues.
Varitube retails the brain with screen for 79.95. The leaves a lot of dollars for the housing, QC and assembly.
Although I love technology I'm really disappointed in the finish of the unit. Every one of my mods look perfect like the day I got them.
I love the unit but don't see myself buying another unless Yihi comes up with a cure. It was the look as much as the technology that drove me to buy the S and now the M

Sent from my iPhone

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
**Removed quote of deleted post

I think the problem lies with you merely stating its what YiHi told you, and not showing people said conversation. Probably would have resulted in 10 less pages worth of arguments. People just want to see YiHi's actual conversation with you about the subject.

Or was this conversation on the phone or in person or something?

I have no idea who you are or anything about you, but many of us learned long ago, just because someone tells you someone else told them something, doesn't always mean that is the case. It's only natural people are skeptical. I'm sure we've all played telephone as a kid, amirite?

Hence all the requests from others.

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fir3b1rd

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Hang in there PapaPro... you will get there.... I went from 40 unfiltered Pall Malls a day to zero going on 5 years ago. One of the best decision I ever made. ECF was a great help to me over the years and a great source to keep up with what's changing and what's new. I like fiddle free vaping so pre-made nickel coils work for me. I just plug in a new coil and vape, refill tank and vape, and etc. Then I just change out the coil for a new one and repeat. What ever satisfies your habit/hobby is what's right for you. No right or wrong way but just what works for you. Best of luck to you.
What atty do you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Here's what I will do for you all. Write a list of questions and I will have one of my Hong Kong guys (they talk Chinese) to get some answers. But please keep it constructive and let's be very respecful. No comparisons with DMA stuff as that will be taken as an insult. Just keep it simple and to the point and I will try. I got a lot on right now but sure, why not.

I will say one thing to everyone. This tech is so important I think we should all cut-each other some slack. Even when you know you are in the right. If this were another tech then fine. Argue it out. But vaping really needs some sold comunities to show everyone what all this is really about (stinkies!!!). We really need solidarity and I see that a lot here. So I will try and help where I can. Not that it will count for much. But together who knows.

Good stuff and you clever boys have a group hug

1. What is the temperature tolerance of the device in Joule mode and is there any variation in that tolerance across the spectrum of the stated acceptable resistance range?
2. When will the first update be released? And will it include 150w for the SXmini M? And what will it change for single battery mode?
3. Is there an electronic copy of the Warranty online? Some have asked for it to compare products.

All I can think of at the moment. Thanks PapaPro :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
I am still smoking. It's driving me crazy. I take my tanks with me but if they stop working then I run to the shops and buy some stinkies. But I am getting there. From 20 a day down to 5 :) vaping is changing my life. And I cannot wait until they nail this tech. We just need some sold research so the MFGs have some science to work with. Govements dragging their feet seems our bigggest hurdle. Then is thould all come together nicely. Which is why we need to stick together and not let little things get in the way of the cause.

I am so blown away by this tech. But half glad I only found it now as it just seems to be on a roll. The next 12 months will be very interesting.

Take good care all,

Richard

Hang in there. The first month was terrible for me. I always kept two devices with me at all times just in case one quit because like you I would have the strong urge to go buy a pack of stinkies. After the first month things became a bit easier and I didn't feel the urge nearly as much if I had to do without for 15-30 min. It'll get easier over time just keep focused on the objective "Quit Smoking & feel Better" and all the other things will come as a result. Like living better, longer etc..

Reactions: PapaPro

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I think the problem lies with you merely stating its what YiHi told you, and not showing people said conversation. Probably would have resulted in 10 less pages worth of arguments. People just want to see YiHi's actual conversation with you about the subject.

Or was this conversation on the phone or in person or something?

I have no idea who you are or anything about you, but many of us learned long ago, just because someone tells you someone else told them something, doesn't always mean that is the case. It's only natural people are skeptical. I'm sure we've all played telephone as a kid, amirite?

Hence all the requests from others.

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

^^^ what he said

If I believed everything someone told me I would have a jellyfish box mod thinking 53w fired stronger than 150w
And I would be waiting for an update from provape to fire my Atlantis.

If its not in writing from a credible source it didn't happen

Not trying to be rude, but that's just the way it is.

Reactions: dems86

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014

Take good care all,

Richard

We've all been there, some of us it was easier than others. For me it was putting off that first cigarette, from as soon as I woke up, till after I left the house. Then it was till I got to work, and then after lunch... finally after a month or so, it just stopped. Between that and finding the right mod/atty/juice I finally beat the beast, and so will you.

It'll happen, it just takes time dude,

Last edited:

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it was a joke. gee whiz. nothing is wrong with mine so I had to make something up. I am sorry you guys are having so much trouble with it. this is such a serious matter. delete this and ignore me. I won't come back here until mine malfunctions in some manner. I promise. perhaps I can find some thread I can better relate to or just sit and use my sx mini which works fine. I bet all of yours are in fact fine as well. wrong personality type. I guess I got sick of reading about problems without solutions. I don't see any problem however. I really am not trolling. to me it seems it is the same thing day after day, at least you al are enjoying yourselves. who am I to complain. I wish you all the best seriously and hope you all get this figured out. I truly mean that. honestly I guess I feel bad but apparently it was not well received. I know I was being sarcastic but I meant it in an other way than it was taken. I really feel everyone's frustration and really meant well.

Reactions: jimho

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
1. What is the temperature tolerance of the device in Joule mode and is there any variation in that tolerance across the spectrum of the stated acceptable resistance range?
2. When will the first update be released? And will it include 150w for the SXmini M? And what will it change for single battery mode?
3. Is there an electronic copy of the Warranty online? Some have asked for it to compare products.

All I can think of at the moment. Thanks PapaPro :)

Give me a few days to get a reply. In fact I will send it tomorrow as I need to work on a few things so will add this to tomorrows todo list. Fingers crossed we find out :)

Btw, does someome have a link to the YiHi website? I need their address

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Give me a few days to get a reply. In fact I will send it tomorrow as I need to work on a few things so will add this to tomorrows todo list. Fingers crossed we find out :)

Btw, does someome have a link to the YiHi website? I need their address

Company Name: Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

Address: Zhongtian Fiber Building,1th district Sujiu,Eastern Industrial Area,Changping Town,Dongguan City,
Guangdong Province,China

Contact Person: Cari Zhang

Tel: 86-769-89175388,18680087570
Fax: 86-769-89175386
Email: Cservice@yihiecigar.com
WebSite: yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co., Ltd. - Vapor Intelligent Chip,intelligent electronic cigarette PCB Board
Google Maps Location: Google Maps

source: yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

If you want to add no #4:

Will there be a more modder friendly board (separate buttons, usb and maybe screen) available sometimes in the future?

Thank you

Regards
Tony

Last edited:

WideO

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Belgium
www.wide-o.net
I am still smoking. It's driving me crazy. I take my tanks with me but if they stop working then I run to the shops and buy some stinkies.

As others stated: you will get there. I went down from 70/day to 0 in about 2 weeks. One thing: you kinda went for the "cutting edge" from day 1. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you understand that there's a learning curve to see what works with what, without getting frustrated. Example: I love the KF4, but I decided to use it with kanthal only - at around 13 to 14W, which is where it works best for me. For nickel builds, I'm now trying out the Lemo 2, and it seems it's a keeper; I do restrict the airflow (it's about 40% open) and I'm getting great taste & flavor, rock solid performance, very close to what I expected from the KF4.

Anyway: it's probably hard to imagine right now, but very soon you will wonder how you ever managed to smoke and not gag from the taste. Once you get your setups working for you, vaping will turn out to give you much more satisfaction than smoking ever did. :)

PapaPro

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2015
London
Company Name: Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

Address: Zhongtian Fiber Building,1th district Sujiu,Eastern Industrial Area,Changping Town,Dongguan City,
Guangdong Province,China

Contact Person: Cari Zhang

Tel: 86-769-89175388,18680087570
Fax: 86-769-89175386
Email: Cservice@yihiecigar.com
WebSite: yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co., Ltd. - Vapor Intelligent Chip,intelligent electronic cigarette PCB Board
Google Maps Location: Google Maps

source: yihiecigar,sx350,Yihi SX350,dna30 30W chip,SX350 35W chip Manufacturers & Suppliers - Dongguan Yihi Electronic Co.,Limited

If you want to add no #4:

Will there be a more modder friendly board (separate buttons, usb and maybe screen) available sometimes in the future?

Thank you

Regards
Tony

Very kind of you Tony. I just introduced myself to YiHi and got an instant responce from one of their reps. Hehe, nice people :)

I will try to talk their engineer myself if I get the chance and see what I can find out. He is back tomorrow as it's a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread