Status
Not open for further replies.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I never stole any! I only had to inspect da 'customer comfort capability' during our frequent recent 'transitions'. Geeeze, no good deed goes unpunished...

<insert halo here>
Pepe.gif

<Pay no attentive to da cushion 'break-in acoustics!' It's only temporary...>
He is actually referring to replacing the stolen whoopee cushions. That is not a reference to Ms. Goldberg. We did have to replace some of the seating accommodations, and add more. Some got lost in the move, and we expect more members because once the bugs are worked out of the new software, there will be more traffic.

Long-term folks are predisposed to vaping. Contrary to expectations, we do learn new stuff. After many years of smoking, there is a desperation in the search for the magic that would help us quit smoking.

WELCOME!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I got some older guys i game with online to start vaping they smoked for years and thanked me cause wow this younger guy got me to quit a nasty habit alot of these guys were 1-3 packs a day smokers

i hope this is on topic..

If only i had a rocker id join all you guys on a porch and vape till end of days
would love to here the stories on how you all quit

As said, def on topic. And we have a back porch where we can stray to our hearts content :)

Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three | Page 263 | E-Cigarette Forum

will get you near the end / latest posts. There, like here, no ID needed, rockers are free with the free membership, and as long as you're older today than you were yesterday, you're qualified. (If you're NOT older today than you were yesterday, I want to know how you did that! I could use a bunch of that!!)

Congrats on the v-verts! See, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! :shock:

While our adventure stories are strewn all over ECF and the years....

Due to our insanely high taxes on cigs, I'd been smoking RYO for years. Decided one day, while I was thinking about a trip to the Rez for shag cut tobacco, that I'd check into ecigs. Did some research online, got thoroughly overwhelmed. (And this was 2 1/2 years ago, with a LOT fewer options!! ) Further searching came up with 2 B&Ms within a reasonable drive, so I went to one.

Got set up with a couple 650 egos, a couple CE5 toppers and a few spare coils, and some flavors in 18, the suggested level for my smoking habits. Was a dual user the first week, went back the following weekend and got some in 24 - and haven't smoked since.

Now, of course, it's VV/VW, rebuildables, and lots of both :shock:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

They married right before the end of WWII. Dad was in the army, Mom in the Navy. She hitched a ride back west on a bomber and was issued a parachute but given no instructions on how to use it. The top gunner's turret flew off over Texas, while she was up there taking in the view, and she nearly went with it. On the honeymoon it was just the two of them--and that damned parachute. Even rode back east on the train (3 days) with them when it was time to report back. If anyone has a clue what parachute the navy would have issued at that time to a non-pilot, I'd love to know so I can buy them a small replica for their 70th. Oh, and they did wait over a decade before having children.

I never stole any! I only had to inspect da 'customer comfort capability' during our frequent recent 'transitions'. Geeeze, no good deed goes unpunished...

<insert halo here>
Pepe.gif

<Pay no attentive to da cushion 'break-in acoustics!' It's only temporary...>

That's what you're calling the whoopee cushions now? Break in acoustics? :lol:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
If anyone has a clue what parachute the navy would have issued at that time to a non-pilot, I'd love to know so I can buy them a small replica for their 70th.

FT,

Flippin' awesome story!

If ya want a 'replica' 'chute, take a look on eBay for a flare 'chute. They're 'bout 15" diameter. I used to have some, but used 'em up (aka lost or given away) entertaining my brother's babies years ago.

If ya want, I'll take a 'stroll' on da web after supper and let ya know.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Zackly right. When somebody who I've met in the Hangout posts I now hear their voice in my head and relate to them personally in ways I didn't before. On another subject, this quote was "multi-quoted" from the Back Porch, so I'm wondering if clicking on the little "up" arrow will still take you to the original post. (ETA: yup, it do.)

I'd laugh at your artistic nature and add an "amen" to "completely unnecessary" but it's harder for me to do that now that I've met you "face to face", virtually speaking. In fact I find myself thinking the contact paper would be a nice touch.

Aren't you worried the Provarinati will excommunicate you for those comments?

Ah, penance!

Way back in HS, a gang of us was hanging out briefly at the end of a second-floor hallway that had a big window. Somebody pointed to a backyard swimming pool at his house about half a mile away. The classmate who was pointing was named Seth, so I said "that's the Sethpool". OK, maybe not that funny now but people laughed for days.

How about the iB4 Provari? The name could double as a Provarinati motto.

Well, you must "in the mountains" way out west. 3 hours earlier there than on the East Coast, if I read my watch correctly?
I am going to start SXinati

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Darn you guys are talkative today. I was gone for 3 hours and 4 pages. The SX thread is still arguing about the coil having to be .065 to be accurate but you can still get a great vape at .09 so let em argue. I'm going to try it but not until I have some 26awg using 28 I am more then satisfied between .08-.09

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
FT,

Flippin' awesome story!

If ya want a 'replica' 'chute, take a look on eBay for a flare 'chute. They're 'bout 15" diameter. I used to have some, but used 'em up (aka lost or given away) entertaining my brother's babies years ago.

If ya want, I'll take a 'stroll' on da web after supper and let ya know.

Thank you Ifstah!

:w00t: I've lost the link. :cry: I was looking at something very similar to this page. The parachutes are very small. They don't want any more "clutter" but thought this might give them a chuckle and some memories. Miniature Parachutes : Metalcraft by Blair - military gifts and memoribilia. There were more on the lost link. I'll have to keep looking, I'm just not sure what model I'm looking for.

When you guys vape, for instance, juicy peach, does it keep your mouth more hydrated? That's what I'm finding with the watermelon/bubblegum juicy. Just curious.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
They married right before the end of WWII. Dad was in the army, Mom in the Navy. She hitched a ride back west on a bomber and was issued a parachute but given no instructions on how to use it. The top gunner's turret flew off over Texas, while she was up there taking in the view, and she nearly went with it. On the honeymoon it was just the two of them--and that damned parachute. Even rode back east on the train (3 days) with them when it was time to report back. If anyone has a clue what parachute the navy would have issued at that time to a non-pilot, I'd love to know so I can buy them a small replica for their 70th. Oh, and they did wait over a decade before having children.

That's what you're calling the whoopee cushions now? Break in acoustics? :lol:

Thank you Ifstah!

:w00t: I've lost the link. :cry: I was looking at something very similar to this page. The parachutes are very small. They don't want any more "clutter" but thought this might give them a chuckle and some memories. Miniature Parachutes : Metalcraft by Blair - military gifts and memoribilia. There were more on the lost link. I'll have to keep looking, I'm just not sure what model I'm looking for.

When you guys vape, for instance, juicy peach, does it keep your mouth more hydrated? That's what I'm finding with the watermelon/bubblegum juicy. Just curious.

WOW! Nice story. And double WOW-WOW! 70 years coming up.

parachute-rigger.jpg

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA

Welcome to the Porch. The nicest people on ECF hang out here.

Yessiree, they do... gotta be nice folks to have put up with me for this long!

After many years of smoking, there is a desperation in the search for the magic that would help us quit smoking.

Very well put. Describes my first 6 months to a tee. Eventually got to the point where being around smokers doesn't bother (or tempt) me one little bit.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I ALWAYS assume that a no smoking policy does not apply to vaping unless e-cigs are specifically prohibited.

Same here, I'm not smoking and stinking up the room... and no potential for falling asleep with a lit cig - causing a fire.

I have tried to set off my own smoke alarms by blowing clouds directly into them. No success. It was fairly easy to set one of them off when I smoked.

Easter at Mom's house, she had bought two new (battery operated) ones for me to replace her old ones with. I tested hers with my ecig (she allows us to vape inside). They must be the photoelectric ones Ms. Tutu referred to in her post... 'cause one activated, but the other didn't - we replaced it, and returned the other new one. Vapor also activated the newly installed one.

My old house was built in 1912 and has 12' ceilings, so I'd have to get up on a ladder to blow vapor at our detectors. I just use a chair and a stick to push the test buttons.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Good morning,umanbean:) My FT order is finally in the US so I will get to try my very first Kayfun. I got a Five Pawns Kayfun Lite Mini coming.

Congrats x2... if your order is stateside, hopefully it'll get to you soon. Good luck with your new KF toy.

I have some stuff in my FT cart, but it's mostly 'backup' or 'extra' stuff, so haven't "pulled the trigger" yet.

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
I've had this Ego ONE since last Thursday, so here's a little performance report.

Unlike some posts I've read, mine hasn't leaked even one drop. No gurgling or dry hits either (using 50/50)... just working like it's supposed to. I've been using the 0.5Ω head and keeping the air wide open on both this and the new Nano and they're both performing similarly, with the edge on vapor volume going to the Nano. The one thing I read about before purchasing the ONE that is happening to me is the coil head stays with the atty tank when I unscrew the base to refill. And it is a bit of a pain to refill -- really small opening around the inside edge and hard to see the liquid level. But that's OK with me, I bought it knowing that already and don't plan to use it as an ADV anyway. And I have needle-tip bottles.

The ONE atty doesn't 'sizzle' like the Nano, so at first you don't expect much vapor... until you exhale -- and there it is! However, if I could have only one between them it would have to be the Nano. It's ~11mm longer than the ONE (36mm vs. 47), but when you add everything up, the Nano actually would make a good ADV. Much easier to fill and to see the liquid level, and 3ml vs. ~2.5 on the ONE. Both factory coil heads are rebuildable, and Joyetech has intro'd a rebuildable head for the ONE (don't have one yet) which has a threaded top cap and (I think) a horizontal coil -- pictures look similar to the single-coil Protank heads in that the wick sticks out of slots on opposing sides.

I also got the ONE 1100mah and 2200mah batteries and really like them too. They're sleek, small, and yet plenty powerful. The 1100 doesn't have the potential (amps push) of the 2200, but that's to be expected -- it's tiny (19 x 59mm). The 2200 is ~85mm, so about 1" longer.

I've been mostly using the ONE atty on the 1100 batt. and the Nano on the 2200. The former is eminently pocketable, the latter is dyno-mite in a small package.

I like 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread