• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Off To See The Wiz

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. CES the party went well. We actually had two parties. One at 4:30 for family and a few friends and then at 7:30 she had theatre friends come over. They played just dance on the wii and then played cards against humanity. She had a good time. I was exhausted. Today we have a banquet to go to for the assistance league that she and her sister volunteer thru.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    You might get a chance to laze around like the rest of us, Hitt ;)

Though i had some energy this morning, so the beasties and i went for a walk and i planted a few hostas and dianthus. Been lazing on the back deck reading since then. there are worse ways to spend a sunday afternoon.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It sounds pretty good to me. I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before that happens. The college my oldest is going to is three hours away so I'm guessing I'll be spending a fair amount of time behind the wheel. I'm already to the point where I don't like road trips but I'll just have to deal with it. Every time we've gone there so far it's been 6+ hours of driving in one day. Maybe once she's settled and we visit it might include a hotel stay.

Reactions: CES and FranC

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Monday greetings (-:

Survived the lawn mowing much better then previous attempts. Woo Hoo!

Get a R.V. hitt.
    Save on the hotel cost and be a big hit on campus when ya come a rollin' in

hqdefault.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good morning. I'm sure you're right PT but that won't keep my wife from wanting to visit. She probably wouldn't do the drive alone so I'd have to go to do the driving.

I couldn't get on last night either. They must have been doing some more software updates or something.

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    CES, that sounds like a good idea getting back to your walks. I wish I was a better morning person. I'd like to get up in time to run in the morning but it never works. If I set my alarm for earlier than normal then I turn it off and run the chance of getting up late. I have to leave for work a little before seven so I'd have to lose another thirty or forty minutes of sleep if I got up in time to run. I've tried before but it hasn't worked yet. Maybe I'll try again after the kids finish school this summer.

Reactions: FranC

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    There's no way in heck that i would take the dogs if i had to be at work at 7. I can do it and get to work by 9-ish, but any earlier and they have to make do with roaming around the back yard.

Gracie, i find all my thread by using the watched threads links. In some ways it's even better than the old "my posts", sine it only shows the threads that have new posts. You can make it show all of them with a single click if you want to.

(yes, i'm having a hard time staying focused this morning)

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Monday greetings (-:

Survived the lawn mowing much better then previous attempts. Woo Hoo!

Get a R.V. hitt.
    Save on the hotel cost and be a big hit on campus when ya come a rollin' in

hqdefault.jpg
    How about a school bus and rainbow suspenders? [emoji16]

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread