Status
Not open for further replies.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
after two years with getting a bad case of pneumonia that lasted for months with the flu...I (we Ed and I he had it just a lighter version) knew I (we) needed to stop smoking, unless you like being sick all the time and reliant on nebulizers and steroids and eventually hauling around an oxygen concentrator. (which we didn't) so Ed called a friend he knew that vaped..she steered us to her B&M and that was it..goodbye ciggarettes...now almost a year later..it's fantastic to be free of smoking.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Despite 36 years of smoking starting to have fairly obvious effects on my health, I didn't think I could quit. I was more or less resigned to the idea that smoking would eventually kill me. Then late in 2013, I came across several articles in the mainstream media lamenting the fact that the FDA had no yet regulated electronic cigarettes. I figured if the MSM is giving it that kind of attention, maybe there's something to these things and I should check them out before the goobermint ruined 'em. I did some cursory research and ordered up a Halo Triton starter kit.

On the first full day of using it, I went from 40 cigs to 4. That was an epiphany for me -- maybe I can quit? I found (and joined) ECF that day. On the second day, I was down to 2 cigarettes. On the third and fourth days, I had one cigarette each. On the fourth day, I drove through an hour through snow storm to what was then closest B&M and bought some better stuff -- a couple of Pro tank 2s, 1300 mAh "spinner" type batteries, and juice that wasn't mostly PG with tobacco flavors. That was sufficient for me to put down the cigs for good.

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
Brilliant stories and details. Its brilliant that some things don't change like ECF help and support, but that as the kit improves we collectively assess and guide! I'm newish to this having been vaping on and off for 18 months and quit for 1, but thanks to everyone who's posted and to anyone thinking of posting, just do it lol, doesn't matter if you're like me, or completely new I think these stories can help.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
I tried the blu disposables in 2013 and thought it was an interesting novelty but it wasn't enough to get me off cigarettes. I actually had no idea what vaping was. I read a girl (on a completely different unrelated site) who started last winter was vaping cinnamon and peanut butter flavors and she got off of cigs and I became intrigued. I messaged her and asked her what she was using and someone else posted the names of online stores and I eventually called them to order the same set up as she had.

After my gear arrived it sat on the kitchen floor for at least a week because I didn't know what to do with it or how it worked. Luckily I watched a few YouTube videos and recognized similar parts to my tank and was able to fill it.

I still had some trouble figuring out how to use my mod - and in none of those videos did anyone explain exactly what to do - they really need videos for total newbies. So I called that store and they walked me through it.

That night I finally vaped for the first time. It was such a game changer for me! I still wasn't convinced I could quit smoking but I found I was smoking less and less and with a little effort I quit smoking altogether. I still have been having cravings but I'm vaping through them. It's really like a miracle. 41 years of chain smoking over in less than a week. :) That was in March of this year.

wvloony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2015
I smoked for over 30 years. While my wife and I were on a second honeymoon this past February, I was really wanting a hookah, but there were no hookah lounges in Gatlinburg area. So I decided to try vaping. Well I found myself enjoying it more than actually lighting a cigarette, so I made the switch. Now that I can sub ohm, I get the same.clouds as I do from one of my hookahs, and dont feel the need for the cancer stick

VaperDynasty

Oct 13, 2014
Canada
I started when my girlfriend showed me hers we were still both smoking 1-2 packs a week got my first evod battery with a kanger t3d tank
and thinking to my self why i love this stuff still smoked and vape for a month then decided to put down cigs all together got a job at a vape shop started to learn more about how omhs and everything works same with making coils been happy ever since

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
For a couple of years, every now and then I would google e-cigarettes and usually end up right here, but it was like reading a foreign language to me and I never did any real research. I often passed by a local B&M at lunchtime, and one day, over 2 years ago now, something made me stop in. The place as PACKED with people, these stores were quite a novelty then. What turned out to be the owner latched onto me and pretty much told me what I needed...the "Deluxe" starter kit with two ego batteries, two clearomizers, charger, and a bottle of juice. I charged them up that night but didn't try it until the next day. After trying to dump the juice into the wrong end of the clearo, I finally figured out how to fill it. First time I hit the button, it popped very loudly and I got a big puff of vapor. I just sat there and smiled. I had about 1/2 cigarette a week later, and another half a week after that and they tasted awful...that as all she wrote. I've steadily upgraded my equipment over the past couple of years and, looking back, I don't know how that little ego did the trick, but it did.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I was smoking RYO for years. Stopped at the local tribal smoke-shop for some tubes and tobacco 2 1/2 years ago, and bought an 808 cigalike instead, on impulse. Haven't had a cigarette since. How I did it, I don't know, I just guess I was ready.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I quit cigs back in 2008. I used Camel Snus. Then discovered Swedish Snus online. Then the Pact Act in 2010 put a hold on online ordering. Went back to Camel snus, but it was nasty after snusing the real stuff. Then I ordered Tornadoes (eGo) for my wife and I. We fell in love. I joined the forum asking how to fill a Leo Cartomizer. I got no replies. I was ticked off and took a few months to cool off :D Been posting ever since.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    My neighbor started vaping, and after 3 months my interest was piquing. One morning I was on my way to an appointment, and I was smoking the last cigarette in the pack, so I said to myself "I'll stop at the smoke shop on my way home to pick up another pack". There was a few people in line, so I occupied myself looking at the vape equipment they had there. After 5 minutes or so I said to myself "what the hay". The lady there explained the operation to me, handed me an eGo starter kit, and 7 months and a week later, I'm still using pretty much the same setup. :vapor:

Maiar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2014
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
    I was at a wedding last summer and a buddy of mine had just started vaping and was showing me his setup. Turns out there were quite a few vapers there, and it tasted way better than my cigarettes. So when I got back into town, I went to the vape shop he recommended and got my evod starter kit. Well more accurately I got yelled at my the misses until I went because I still didn't really want to quit smoking. Got the speech about how my friend wants to live longer to spend more time with his wife and don't I want to do that too?
    Funny story though... my buddy who converted me just got a death sentence, went to the hospital a few weeks ago with shortness of breathe and general malaise. They ran a bunch of tests and eventually figured out that it's stage 4 colon cancer. 11% 5-year survival rate. Wait that's so much funny as heartbreaking.

Reactions: DC2

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    I had been smoking off and on since I was about 16 (I'm 22 now) and although I liked the act of smoking and the nicotine buzz, I hated the taste and smell. A lot of people are going to say "why bother vaping", but I usually only smoked a few a week, once or twice 5 in a day. But those few cigarettes made my lungs feel horrible and they stunk something terrible. I had bought a few disposables and thouroughly enjoyed them, but they were expensive and didn't last more than a day or so. I made the choice a little over a month ago to order an Ego/CE4 starter kit off of ebay for less than $8- I also ordered one for my Dad who has smoked forever and tried to quit many times. I ordered juice from Mt. Baker Vapor, and as luck would have it, the juice was here 4 days before the Ego's. That was a hard 4 days lol. I gave my Dad his, and a couple juices, and never said a word about mine- my parents never (as far as I know) knew I smoked, so I figured I would keep quiet. I loved vaping from the first puff- no stink or nasty taste, and the next day (after vaping a LOT) my lungs didn't feel like they had grit in them. After about a week, the CE4 clearomizer died, so I went a couple days without, then gathered up the courage to walk into a local vape shop- where I bought a Protank Mini 3. I have gone through a few coils and a lot of liquid since and although I think I'm far less addicted to vaping than smoking, I have no plans of stopping. I think even without nicotine, I'd still vape because it is enjoyable and tastes good. Need to upgrade my equipment though :)

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    Well more accurately I got yelled at my the misses until I went because I still didn't really want to quit smoking. Got the speech about how my friend wants to live longer to spend more time with his wife and don't I want to do that too?

When I got that speech, I always countered with that maybe I should start smoking 4 packs a day instead of 1.

Reactions: Rossum

jseah

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY, USA
    I ordered juice from Mt. Baker Vapor, and as luck would have it, the juice was here 4 days before the Ego's. That was a hard 4 days lol.

That reminds me of when I decided to step up from the blu Plus to the Halo Triton. While waiting for the Halo Triton, I figured out that I would run out of the blu cartridges a day before I would receive the Halo Triton, so I went to a B&M and purchased a no name VV eGo battery and the Kanger Geni Mini tank and a really crappy bottle of juice. Paid way too much for it and basically used it for one day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread