Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I just received the Atlantis 2 from fasttech today (ordered it last Saturday, received it today), and I have to tell you that I found my new favorite tank. With the new air control base, the air flow is much more open now and it is pretty much like the Subtank now. The drip tip is WIDE, much wider in diameter than the original Atlantis, which was a hair wider than the Subtank. The "improved" air flow system adds a second air opening on the opposite side, so you really only have two "click" settings, one with fully wide oval openings on each side and the other with a small round hole on one side and a smaller oval on the other. I have no preference for the air flow control on the top of the tank. You can open up 4 opposing air holes, or close them off. Obviously with them open the draw is a bit looser, but other than that I really don't notice much difference.

Like every single Aspire tank, it produces a pretty wet vape. After a few vapes, peering down into the drip tip and you can see the condensation clinging to the inside of the drip tip. It comes with a 0.3 ohm coil preinstalled with a spare 0.5 ohm coil in the package. One thing I noticed is that the coils for the Atlantis 2 has much larger wicking holes than the Atlantis 1 coils. You could probably fill the tank with cemet and it will wick without getting a dry hit. The one thing that has always made me lean towards the Atlantis versus the Subtank is that I never really liked how warm the vape is with the Subtank. Like the Atlantis 1, you never have to worry about the Atlantis 2 vaping too hot.

With the Subtank, I could never vape at higher than 25 watts, otherwise the vape is too hot and the vape starts to taste burnt. With the Atlantis 1, I've always vaped at around 32 watts (using a 10PG/90VG juice) to avoid getting a burnt taste. Now with the Atlantis 2, using a premade Atlantis nickel coil (measured at 0.16 ohms on my Vaporshark rDNA40), I have the Vaporshark cranked all the way up at 40 watts, temp control set to 450 degrees and I can do a typical 4-5 second hit and the temperature control never kicks on. Only when I doing a long 8-9 second massive hit does the temp control kick on. I then put the tank on my SX Mini M Class and cranked it all the way up to 50 watts (the mod won't let me set it higher). With the top air flow control closed, the vape does start getting a bit warm, but it is still cooler than the Subtank. With the top air flow control open, you definitely see the advantage of it cooling the vape down. And it produces a TON of vapor. If you want clouds......this tank will give you clouds. And of course this tank will go through juice like a Ferrari will go through premium unleaded. It has a 3 ml capacity and I've gone through 2-1/2 tankfuls in 12 hours (I normally go through about 4-5 ml a day).

The stock 0.3 ohm coil is "rated" for between 70-80 watts. I'll have to wait until I get my IPV4 to test this tank at higher wattages.

I love this tank so much that I placed an order today for another two.

Reactions: khalidmna

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
The stock 0.3 ohm coil is "rated" for between 70-80 watts. I'll have to wait until I get my IPV4 to test this tank at higher wattages.

Got mine yesterday, been running it at 100w without an issue.

Edit: After two days of use, I've shelved this tank. After the second day, the coil is spitting juice into my mouth constantly. Caught a splash in the back of my throat and ended up coughing for an hour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread