Building in a unique case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
Hi, now I don't know if anyone will have an answer for this at all but here goes,

I've got an old wiimote case in the shape of a sonic screwdriver which I'm going to be building into a dna 40 mod when I can get the parts through, i'm fairly sure of what i'm going to do re, batteries, buttons, screen etc. my problem is that there are holes in the plastic where the wii buttons were and i'm looking for a way to fill them and then repaint the case to its original colours.

Any ideas would be great but if you've ever done anything like this before then experienced advice is going to be completely invaluable.

Thanks for your time in advance.

PS. I have got pictures for reference if anyone wants to see them?

chefjoosie

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
More details would definitely help. Covering holes won't be an issue, but I'm not sure if you were planning on a full repaint or not. Were you planning on reusing any of the wii buttons? like maybe the + and - for + and - or something similar? What kind of battery do you have space for in there?

Keep us posted. This one could turn out really cool if you do it right.

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
Sorry for the delay, here's the pics:-

IMG_20150417_142158.jpg

and

IMG_20150417_142219.jpg

Now i figure with some internal fudging i should have room for a dna40 screen in the hole made by the trigger, the two buttons at the base of the screwdriver could be for the up down functions, and the larger button hole opposite the screen for the fire button.

now that hopefully will leave me enough space for an 18650 battery and holder, and the wiring around, there is already a hole for a mini usb at the bottom i can use for a charge/passthrough board. not sure i could fit 2 batteries in there but hopefully one will provide enough power but maybe half the duration of the power. But yet again i'm looking to the experts on this too lol

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
Sad to hear you changed your mind. There is ample room, but the placement will need to be "creative".

The problem isn't the DNA board or the wiring but the 18650, even just using battery clips instead of a holder and cutting out as much of the case as I can it just feels far too tight in there and I can't fit the buttons in with the battery and wiring, so I'm going to turn it into an ego vv with display when I can get the other chip set and just make a standard DNA 40 hana clone for this build,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread