Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Back from Arizona, finally. The funeral was sad, but at the same time, joyful; FIL hated "sad," so we spent lots of time recounting great times with him - stories that epitomized character traits, told by three generations. And he was most definitely a character :). A fitting tribute.

It is good you are back. It is a good way to remember him, sounds like he would have preferred it that way.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
1,2-Propanediol is a chemical name for PG.
"PG" and "1,2-Propanediol" are just two different names for the exact same thing.

It would be ironic if five pawns' new alternative to PG is nothing more than PG by a different name.

1,3-Propanediol is what we were looking at when you first posted about Propanediol. It's got the same empirical formula as PG, but a different molecular structure.

Fun fact: according to Wikipedia, here's one of the ways that 1,3-Propanediol is produced:
"Conversion from corn syrup effected by a genetically modified strain of E. coli"

ECF went offline just before I tried to post this response yesterday.
Here are references where you can verify the above information:

1,3-Propanediol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Propylene glycol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.herbancowboy.com/docs/herban_cowboy_poly.pdf

Good catch "bigs". I didn't pay attention to the "1,2" in the ebay listing vs: the "1,3" we were first looking at. :toast:

Good morning, Porchers!

Back from Arizona, finally. The funeral was sad, but at the same time, joyful; FIL hated "sad," so we spent lots of time recounting great times with him - stories that epitomized character traits, told by three generations. And he was most definitely a character :). A fitting tribute.

Glad to read that ECF was offline, last night. I tried to log in about 20 times, to no avail. Thought it was my iPad being fussy. Anyone know what happened?

Hope all y'all have a perfect day!

Welcome back LittleBird - nice to see you again.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida

Party was wonderful yesterday, and my girl looked so sweet.....my dil used good judgment in the style of my granddaughter's dress.....a lot of times, the girls' dresses are too frilly, but this dress was very appropriate for the occasion.

When my daughter, sil and cousin came back to our house, we yapped awhile and when they left I tried coming onto ECF only to find out they were offline, so I went to Googgle Hangouts and had a lil chat with Ken & Deb.........at least now I know what to do!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
I'm glad to find out that it wasn't on my end. Good morning everyone. It's another beautiful day in the neighborhood, weather where I am is absolutely beautiful and supposed to stay that way for the rest of the week. Warm days and cool night, just the way I like it. Missed ECF last night as I had a little difficulty sleeping and was looking for you guys to grump with. Wonder what happened but, I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later (or not). Got a lot to do today but thankfully the list grows shorter.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Good luck with window. We had to replace a couple that had lost their gas seal between the panes. (Condensation was actually settling in between the panes of glass. :mad:) Since the window manufacturer couldn't be identified we had to replace the whole schmoo - frames and all.

Matt it's still there, but like several options it's been reduced to a micro sized thing.

In this case you are looking for a teeny tiny up arrow ↑ after the OP's name of the quoted post. (Like right here where it says: MattB101 said ↑ ) Click on the tiny up arrow - the hover over for it is all of about 5 pixels wide (Sigh...) so it can take some determination to find the hover over spot.

Part of the problem with that little (emphasize little) arrow is that it is the same color as the background on the quote bar. Yes, it's a shade darker, but still. I've enlarged the screen so I can see the text & stuff better on this 18" laptop of mine, which isn't unusual but the colors & wide open spaces between posts, coupled with tiny pics, print, links, etc., needs to be fixed. I was hoping some of that might be happening last night while the forum was down, but apparently not.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Wheeeee I just had a ton of fun talkin to legs and willie in the hangout!! That was soooooo kewl!! Wuz almost like bein there, cept I didn't git no hugs hehehe

Yeah, I needed a cigarette too .. ;)

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Good catch "bigs". I didn't pay attention to the "1,2" in the ebay listing vs: the "1,3" we were first looking at. :toast:
I'm good at noticing small differences. For instance, it's not possible that I would ever fail to notice that there's a difference between the 3-letter acronyms BDC and BVC....uh .............. wait............... never mind.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
@clnire, the Ahlusion thread is closed?

I believe so. If not, it will be shortly it looks like. I saw a message from classwife to move to the lounge. We are still chatting on the best gourmet thread. I will post a link later if you need it (on my phone or I would do it now).

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I tried the hangout a couple of times - either I was doing it wrong or nobody was home.

Yesterday morning, just on a whim
I clicked the Hangout and went out on a limb
When what to my old ears should appear
But Debs and Leggs, two folks I hold dear

While I might not always want to chat
It was like a new toy, as there I sat
What could be better, I thought to myself
The REST of the gang, including Rat ... :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
This feeder is supposed to be the best. I have several friends that love them.

I had a friend who had thought hummingbirds were a myth, like unicorns. She was so amazed when she found out the were real! They were always magical to her.

When I happened upon a beautiful coffee table book full of beautiful hummingbird photographs, I couldn't resist buying it for her. I'm sure she still cherishes that book, even if she can't remember who gave it to her after all these years.
I love Hummingbirds. I get fixated on them, & could watch them for hours. I've only seen one visitor so far this year. And it's time to change out the water & clean my feeder already. Hummingbirds & blimps. I love blimps, too. I used to live about 3 crow fly miles from the Blimp Base in Spring, TX. They would fly really lower over our house as they took off & landed. We could here them coming & would run outside & watch them go over. The whole neighborhood did it. I called them once & told them tabout it, & what a treat it was, even if it happened several days or nights in a row. They gave us a hover one night after that. Fly over, flashed their lights, & just hung there for a few minutes. Then flashed their lights & went on their way. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread