Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    .... Overall I think I am getting used to it.... personally I like the brightness.... My room is too dark so my screen helps with the lighting issue! :p Plus I love love love that the pics I upload are actually in a decent size (or overly large! :lol:) BTW like my avi? :D Still have to resize most of my pics that I'll want for avi's but ya do what ya can. I will have to use Photoshop, though. :eek:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    moanin', Voltville.

I saw ECF was down at about 8:30 last night and never checked back.

We spent the weekend raking and bagging, bagging and raking, raking and...well you get the idea. The front is done, completely, and the back is well under way. I also started moving mulch into low spots in the front. I'll be working on that again today only will be screening the mulch as it goes into the cart to get the twigs out. This stuff is very well aged and black, almost, loam. I'll probably use the rototiller on a shallow setting to blend it with the existing soil, then add more grass seed.

I don't know what the East Coast did right, or why the weather Fairy has granted us such nice weather. It was in the 80's Saturday and yesterday and will be in the 80's until Wednesday. Then just in the 70's but back into the 80's Thursday and through the weekend. At this rate I'll have to get the air conditioner fired up!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    START HERE > > > > > >

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.
    I checked in last night late and no ECF.
    That is a photo in the early evening of our beautiful rainbow and dark clouds and sunlight. What an awesome afternoon. The clouds came over and the sun hid behind the clouds cooling us off to a perfect temperature.
    It sprinkled just a bit. I discovered that part of my drip system wasn't watering, at all. My fault. I really thought that the old system was still hooked up to that area. The system is a mix of new and old. I was going to work on taking the last of the old out and replacing it with new next weekend but it has moved up in priority, big time. The hummingbird wars have begun. Cue Star Wars music. I think I like the new ECF system. I never do anything too fancy so I am no judge of that stuff but it does seem faster.

You are a genius, Uncle. Thanks for fixing my post.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    You are a genius, Uncle. Thanks for fixing my post.

:blush: :facepalm: "You're" Welcome - However, I actually thought that "You" might want to use that fix to edit and then replace the "Stuff" in your other post . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    :blush: :facepalm: "You're" Welcome - However, I actually thought that "You" might want to use that fix to edit and then replace the "Stuff" in your other post . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I tried deleting thepost but I couldn't so....what can I say, I am social media challenged.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Lizzie, I normally take two or three shots of any particular thing, just in case, but I couldn't figure out why you took so many of that rainbow, LOL.
    I agree. I kept looking for a progression of the life of the rainbow, and didn't see any.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 20, 2009
    Raven's Haven, Indiana
    still need to shrink alot of.... no 99% of my pics.... I use all my pics as background for my pc. Still its better than 5 flippin' kb. :p

Terry and Rave.... how would y'all like it if the froggies came into your house? LOL fiance hates it cuz one time he was in the shower and one jumped on his head!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't mind I love frogs... View attachment 454832

see? The Bullfrog I caught a few days ago was quite a bit larger than this one. :p

I would LOVE it!! Frogs are a sign of a healthy ecosystem. When the frogs disappear, you know that all is not well. Or, you're in New York City. I do miss bullfrogs, but they really prefer ponds to creeks. No one has built me a pond yet. :cry: Greedy wench, aren't I? :laugh:

No I didn't but I'd rather it turned into a handsome prince. :lol:

:lol: :facepalm:

Guess rattlesnake and gator tail are out of the question then?

lol-045.gif

Not out of the question for me. I had gator stew just prior to canoeing amongst hundreds of 'em. Probably not the best of ideas. In the back of my head, I was worried that they'd know.

I agree. I kept looking for a progression of the life of the rainbow, and didn't see any.

Yep. Me too. I kept comparing the pic to the preceding one, and ... no change. :laugh:

Well, I survived the weekend. Barely. It was a busy one that began with a visit from my sister in law who showed up uninvited. She's ... not one of my favorite people. Just sayin'. Then the BF and I built my new hearth. He manned the wet saw while I applied the adhesive and placed each tile as they were cut. They say that "home is where the hearth is", right? :blush:

Here's how it turned out. I still need to grout between the upper surface and the vertical upright surfaces, but I'll use brown grout. The hearth isn't a perfect match to the floor, but it's less obvious in person. I hope to remove the vinyl flooring eventually and replace it with this porcelain tile that I used for the hearth. That's 100 square feet more than I can afford right now. :(

hearth.jpg

BF and I also went morel hunting both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, we only got a couple dozen. Sunday ... we hit paydirt and found a "fairy ring". We ended up with 112 morels on Sunday. 80 of 'em were in that fairy ring.

morels.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread