New equipment - recommendations please !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Any simple microcoil build should do. Make two of them and you have a dual coil setup.

I personally use 28-gauge kanthal, about 7 loops around a 3.0 mm mandril. That is about 1.2 ohms per coil, so two of them together make 0.6 ohm dual coils. (Always measure your coil resistance prior to firing on a mod to confirm the ohm.) Use a coil building guide to change the resistance you desire. Steam Engine guides

I worked for a vape shop for a year. Everyone on staff built their own coils; some of them very exotic builds. Honestly, a simple microcoil will work just as well as any exotic coil. KISS. (Keep it simple, stupid.)

Make sure you understand how to use the Ohm's Law calculator. Explain it to the Noob

Make sure you have an Ohm reader or digital multimeter to measure your coil's resistance. No excuses to not have one if rebuilding coils.

Information Resources for Your First RBA

Last edited:

JPHowell

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
Kansas
Thank You very much Baditude. I do appreciate your recommendation. I have since received my REO and watched numerous videos from the REO king. Feel much more comfortable now with a mechanical mod and gaining the understanding of battery safety, effects of coil builds and how it effects watts. Feel much more comfortable now. Found the REO sub forum and have gained much knowledge from there. Thanks again.

Reactions: Baditude

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
once go mech, you never go back!!! I upgraded from my ego starter kit to mechs (before VV/VW was a big thing) and i keep buying them! I have some VV/VW mods, but theres something about my mechs i love. Not a reo fan, so i dont have much advice about that, but i personally don't like sub ohm vaping that much. I normally use 32 gauge kanthal and shoot for a 1.3 ohms microcoil. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread