Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Surely must have been a ghost. What girl?

sir%20rod%20fixed_zpshxemnnw4.jpeg

sir%20rod2%20fixed_zpsorhfyjv9.jpeg
I was trying to find the post you were talking about to make sense out of "girl"….I'm lost!

Reactions: Pinggolfer

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
I need a Gibbs slap. I just ordered a another Celtic Knot P3. The standard P3 I don't like the logo and nothing to grip the hand. Rant! I AM A PROVARI ADDICT HELP!!!

Oh my next will be the P3 TI. On the railroad we had a term "pull the pin" it meant on a train to uncouple a car. Our other meaning was it's time to quit. I'm pulling the pin on buying vape gear. I've pulled the pin twice before, once to move south to avoid playing poker and pulled the pin on cigarettes.

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Oh my next will be the P3 TI. On the railroad we had a term "pull the pin" it meant on a train to uncouple a car. Our other meaning was it's time to quit. I'm pulling the pin on buying vape gear. I've pulled the pin twice before, once to move south to avoid playing poker and pulled the pin on cigarettes.

If you don't have a P3 Ti, I'd highly recommend it! Besides the sharp edge on the window, I love it!

Side note: Did they get rid of the IQ monitoring thing? I don't see it anywhere on my P3?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
If you don't have a P3 Ti, I'd highly recommend it! Besides the sharp edge on the window, I love it!

Side note: Did they get rid of the IQ monitoring thing? I don't see it anywhere on my P3?

Not likely. Hit your power button 4 times. When A with an arrow up or A with arrow down appears, tap your power button once and let it cycle through the readings. IQ should be the last reading displayed.

Reactions: ThePaladin

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA

"Pull the pin" has an ENTIRELY different meaning for me. Instead, we say it's time to "pop smoke and pull pitch"... :)

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Here's a picture compared to my Classic 2015, not sure if you can see the difference clearly or not?

My P3 beta window is not flush either, and looks pretty much like yours. IIRC, ProVape have stated the diameter of the mod will vary between 22-23mm due to the finishing process, so those that came out 23mm have flush windows, and those that came out 22mm don't.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
The "ghost" is likely due to HDR - multiple exposures. In this case, it looks like the photographer took shots without you being in the photo, both for HDR and touch-up purposes. I'm not a professional photographer though, so that's just my best guess based on some experience.

That's certainly a possibility. It just doesn't bother me as I really like the picture and I'm not going to change it.

AndrewH

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
My P3 beta window is not flush either, and looks pretty much like yours. IIRC, ProVape have stated the diameter of the mod will vary between 22-23mm due to the finishing process, so those that came out 23mm have flush windows, and those that came out 22mm don't.

Yeah I realize that parts vary from part to part. I do precision machining for a living and regularly hold tolerances of <.005 mm. However, my issue is that it's sharp and the top is protruding more than the bottom. I'm quite sure that it could probably cut my finger if I grabbed it just right.

They gave me an RMA form to fill out and send it back for them to take a look and I'm thinking I probably will. For $250 I don't expect perfection but I certainly don't want to cut myself either.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Yeah I realize that parts vary from part to part. I do precision machining for a living and regularly hold tolerances of <.005 mm. However, my issue is that it's sharp and the top is protruding more than the bottom. I'm quite sure that it could probably cut my finger if I grabbed it just right.

They gave me an RMA form to fill out and send it back for them to take a look and I'm thinking I probably will. For $250 I don't expect perfection but I certainly don't want to cut myself either.

You should send it back and Provape will definitely take good care of you.

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
Ok, I'll bite. What?!?

I'll bite too.

If I didn't pull the pin i'd buy another P3 TI. Yes I would.

"Pull the pin" to me is 2nd step in throwing a grenade, and as slang means to take immediate action. So if I were to say I'm "pulling the pin" on a P3 Ti, it means I'm clicking on the "Order Now" button...

As it says in Murphy's Laws of Combat: "Once the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend."

ThePaladin

Jedi Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Virginia, USA
I don't quite get "pull the pin" anymore than I get "pop smoke and pull pitch??"

Pop smoke = signal for extraction (removal) from somewhere, usually bad.

Pull pitch = Increase pitch on a helicopter's blades, creating lift and getting off the ground, hopefully departing to someplace better than where you "popped smoke" at...

See: Bail out; ....; didi mau. :)

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Pop smoke = signal for extraction (removal) from somewhere, usually bad.

Pull pitch = Increase pitch on a helicopter's blades, creating lift and getting off the ground, hopefully departing to someplace better than where you "popped smoke" at...

See: Bail out; ****; didi mau. :)

Wait....What?? En Anglais, s'il vous plait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread