new step for me: eleaf istick 50w advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carophil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
hi guys!

so i've been vaping with a halo triton since i started 7 or 8 months ago, and i've decided to move onto something else: i just ordered an eleaf istick 50w.

i am a novice when it comes to anything other than clearomizers... i don't know where to start! any advice would be excelllennnntttt... i have started perusing the thread on the istick, but i'm looking for a lot of advice on what tanks might be best for the istick. i ordered a few aspire atlantis tanks on someone's suggestion, but are there others you would recommend? and are there many that wouldn't work? i am looking at an aspire nautilus adjustable airflow tank that someone has up in the classifieds. do you think that would work?

sorry if i sound like an idiot, haha.

thank you for anyyy advice!!

carophil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just about any tank will work. Atlantis, Kanger, Nautilus, etc.

PS. The Atlantis you linked to is not a tank at all. It's just an extension to the tank to allow for more fluid, the actual tank is here:

Aspire Atlantis Kit (Genuine) $28.99

i knew it....ugh. would you recommend the kanger tanks or should i spring for an atlantis?

john0821

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Bay Area
I've had less problems with the Atlantis than I did my Kanger, but that's just me and many are plenty happy with it too. Just check out PBusardo's Atlantis & Kanger SubTank reviews on YouTube. My advice would be to simply use the Atlantis tanks you've already purchased and vape away. Just be sure to prime the coils anytime you change them. You'll be happy with your new set up.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Take this for what it's worth-
1. I'm not into sub-ohm tanks,
2. Good flavor and an easy, adjustable draw matters more to me than huge clouds of vapor.
I use all of my old Kanger protanks, protank minis on the istick, and do NOT recommend them, unless you like leaks and gurgles.
The Kanger Unitank and Unitank mini work reasonably well, but I use them mainly to try new flavor juices.
The eleaf GS Air is far superior to any of the others. Great flavor, fine air flow, light weight, and it's inexpensive—$10 or less from good vendors like Sweet-vapes.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
hi guys!

so i've been vaping with a halo triton since i started 7 or 8 months ago, and i've decided to move onto something else: i just ordered an eleaf istick 50w.

i am a novice when it comes to anything other than clearomizers... i don't know where to start! any advice would be excelllennnntttt... i have started perusing the thread on the istick, but i'm looking for a lot of advice on what tanks might be best for the istick. i ordered a few aspire atlantis tanks on someone's suggestion, but are there others you would recommend? and are there many that wouldn't work? i am looking at an aspire nautilus adjustable airflow tank that someone has up in the classifieds. do you think that would work?

sorry if i sound like an idiot, haha.

thank you for anyyy advice!!

If you enjoy clearomizers, its hard to go wrong with a Nautilus!

also, these are what i got for tanks:

Aspire Atlantis 5ml Replacement

but..... then i realized that they may not be the whole tank? what else do i need to buy? i feel so ignorantttt.....

That is a replacement glass piece, chimney and top for the Aspire Atlantis Sub-Ohm tank, you are going to need the base of the tank, and the drip tip to complete the tank. That being said, if you enjoy clearomizers, I would not recommend the Atlantis!

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
People have mentioned a lot of good tanks on this thread, but no one has asked you exactly how you like to vape. Do you like direct lung hits, or are you strictly a mouth-to-lung vaper? Whether you like some of these clearos or not is going to depend on that. I've vaped for years and recently tried the Kanger subtank and found I couldn't tolerate it at all. Even with 0 mg of nic, a direct lung hit gives me the worst coughing jag imaginable. I like the nice slow mtl hits. If you are also an mtl hitter, then you probably aren't going to like any of the new subtanks that are out. I'm with GranFumador in that I love the GS Air tank. I use it on my iStick and get great taste and vapor. And it's really cheap to own and use. Do take into consideration what kind of vape you like before spending a lot of money on tanks.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
I use both lemos and subtanks on mine and they both perform very well couldn't be happier despite what many say the subtank is good for mouth to lung vaping as that's how I vape tried lung hitting didn't do anything for me at all so I use the single hole on the subtank and its fine.

BLTinFLA

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
I have been using Halo Tritons for about 9 months. I now have an IStick and a Nautilus mini. To be honest I still like the Triton tanks the best, especially with Halo liquids. Now that Halo has an adapter, I use these on the IStick and love them. I also have a couple Kanger T2 tanks which are basically the Tritons with an Ego fitting. To be honest, I only use the Nautilus with the cinnamon, citrus or other liquids that can damage a plastic tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread