• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bill 45 Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreekDude1821

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2015
Toronto
Directly from the CVA FB group

Update on Bill 45 – Making Healthier Choices Act, 2015 – Ontario

The CVA has been informed that despite our best efforts, Bill 45, including Section 3 – The Electronic Cigarette Act, will pass as it was originally worded. While we had hoped that the Government would be open to listening to our substantial amount of evidence and testimonials, they unfortunately decided to vote down all of the proposed amendments. While this was not entirely expected, we understood it was always a possibility.

But we are not done yet.

An Act has little authority without the accompanying regulations, which define how the act is implemented. Although Bill 45 will now become law, the legislation itself is designed as a framework, effectively setting parameters for what regulation of the vaping industry will look like. The upcoming consultation process will enable the government and stakeholders to have the necessary discussions to ensure that any regulations are not excessively impacting the industry or consumers. The CVA, on behalf of all its members, will continue to actively participate in these discussions, with the goal of getting exemptions included in the regulations. That means exemptions for in-store promotion & display, along with vaping in 19+ vape shops, which can still be achieved through the regulation development period.

The CVA understands the frustration of Ontario vendors at this outcome, but rest assured this is far from over. We are confident, based on our communications with members of the committee and our counsel, that most of our concerns as vendors will be addressed in the pending regulations. We will continue to work with the government on the development of these regulations. The CVA will continue to speak loudly and clearly on behalf of all its members in this next stage. We have already made significant progress through our meetings with legislators and will continue with these efforts.

As Ontario embarks on preparing regulations for the vaping industry, for the CVA, our goal remains unchanged: Fair and reasonable regulations of the vaping industry. We have no reason to believe that these goals are not achievable.

Reactions: supersport13

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
What did you expect,they did the same today In Quebec.

In this day and age,there is no more negociations...they dictate whatever they want/need for their own ends/interests.

When they sit and listen to you its only to give an impression of democracy but this is loooong gone (specially with Harper)

Here its the liberals with their 0 deficit psychosis and austerity plan (get people poorer,control them easier)

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
To all that say this is not about money but for the sake of the kids, bs.
Does drinking alcohol in public promote alcoholism, does drinking coffee promote caffeine addiction. We can do those things in front of kids..... ..... Does vaping promote cigarette smoking? Not!!!!

My little stupid rant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Omg, I can't believe there were no amendments or exceptions made in this bill. It seems like it was meant to stall the ecig movement, and nothing else.

If they are so concerned and say that there aren't enough studies then why don't they finance those studies?

They accept some study's obviously they recite the kids didnt smoke but used ecigs as a fair review, but disregard the rest.

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
So what exactly does this mean for vaping in Canada?

Will we still be able to buy gear whether here at home or from China, etc? Juice with nicotine?
I dont agree with any of it but felt strongly that since it was the Libereals puttig it forth and even designed by a NDP nurse we were not going to win ;(

But not entirely clear as to what it means exactly for the future of Vaping?

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
well let's see, what it means for vaping um higher taxes, more controls, questionable health studies and innuendos about the dangers of vaping etc, using the kids, encouraging the black or perhaps I should say grey market, pitting one group against another but mostly looking out for the bottom line

let's see when I bought a pack of export A for .35 cents yep .35 cents but then they went to a dollar a pack lots of folks tossed in the towel and then they started hiding them behind counters and came out with laws requiring people to be 18 a lot of kids found it easier to get the other smokables ah yes they then went to five bucks a pack and then to ten and of course the kind souls and business minded folks in southern Ontario ran truck loads from the reservations to NS. A few years back a carton of smokes bought on the reserve was 25.00 while a carton of similar quality in NS was 90.00, regular law abiding folks would pay 50.00 -win win for everybody except the tax man.

Oh did I forget to mention that even veterans and elderly people who smoked all their lives were no longer able to smoke in the legions so decided it wasn't worth the effort to go out and socialize so stayed home,and elderly fishermen broke their hips trying to climb over hospital rails to get their pipe. Tobacco control became so abusive even the non smokers started to question their sanity, of course they could still yell "the kids, the kids" meanwhile dropping red bull on every store shelf.

What's next for vaping, I hope a little more militancy , a little more compassion and a little more understanding - nicotine has many benefits but of course we will restrict the sale of vaping to those over 18 so that we can continue to have at least a few people taking up tobacco- you know and I know -most kids start smoking between the ages of 13 and 18 it is the time in life when it is the most stressful.

Reactions: caramel

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
So what exactly does this mean for vaping in Canada?

Will we still be able to buy gear whether here at home or from China, etc? Juice with nicotine?
I dont agree with any of it but felt strongly that since it was the Libereals puttig it forth and even designed by a NDP nurse we were not going to win ;(

But not entirely clear as to what it means exactly for the future of Vaping?

Most likely you will be able to vape but you'll have to pay a tax to finance the power plants that the liberals don't build at 1 billion each. Which incidentally is the tobacco tax per annum.

I'm inclined to go with the party that promised to fire 100,000 government bureaucrats, maybe they get to the ones that designed the exact shape of smoking shelters and assorted shenanigans. Justice would be served.

Reactions: Caro123

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Wow, I guess the American founders were right when they warned us about government and how freedom isn't free and how the tree of liberty needs to be refreshed now and again with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Money grubbing .......s.

It's no surprise how quickly they change their tune when the revenue starts disappearing.

We need a revolution.

Reactions: Caro123

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Most likely you will be able to vape but you'll have to pay a tax to finance the power plants that the liberals don't build at 1 billion each. Which incidentally is the tobacco tax per annum.

I'm inclined to go with the party that promised to fire 100,000 government bureaucrats, maybe they get to the ones that designed the exact shape of smoking shelters and assorted shenanigans. Justice would be served.
is the "collected" tobacco tax in Canada really 1 billion per annum?

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
Wow, I guess the American founders were right when they warned us about government and how freedom isn't free and how the tree of liberty needs to be refreshed now and again with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Money grubbing .......s.

It's no surprise how quickly they change their tune when the revenue starts disappearing.

We need a revolution.
uhmm yep probably but they do get messy, Think civil rights, nam war resisters, early Unions, rise and fall of various illegal/ legal entrepreneurs and of course social distractions ie wars, environmental disasters, financial collapses, cultural and ethnic genocide -cycles

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
If it's illegal to use the legal name who cares where we vape...who cares about bill 45 I have never signed for their laws...

Go nameless it's painless
Home - Lose The Name

Vape free my friends
I hear you I get it, unfortunately it has flaws -unless one is seeking the solitude of free housing with three square meals and a bed. I understand there is a push on to build more free privatized hostels but there is a decline in mental health units -still possible to find one, but wait for winter. CYA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread