Not open for further replies.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
so does this 'splain the name box that keeps popping up/open everytime I go to a different/next page.?.How do ya turn the thing off.For me, I have to click on my name in this popup box to get it to go away,everytime.Cannot seem to find a way to stop it or an answer to.

Not sure what you're referring to. Can you post a screenshot?

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Seems like it adding a Members Location and Join Date would not Impact forum performance.

But I could be Wrong.

IMHO, it is imperative to know both things at a glance, not at a click. Not only do I like to know where the member resides but how long ago he has joined. A review or opinion rendered on a product means nothing to me if the member has been around for less than a month. Conversely, I am more apt to help a newer member. This forum has prided itself on helping the new comers and pointing them to a local meet or a B & M when possible. If I have to click and read someone's profile... well, that's not likely to happen.

It can't be difficult to add the join date and location under the avatar.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
IMHO, it is imperative to know both things at a glance, not at a click. Not only do I like to know where the member resides but how long ago he has joined. A review or opinion rendered on a product means nothing to me if the member has been around for less than a month. Conversely, I am more apt to help a newer member. This forum has prided itself on helping the new comers and pointing them to a local meet or a B & M when possible. If I have to click and read someone's profile... well, that's not likely to happen.

Very True Richie. Very True.

Reactions: Katya

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Not difficult, but will kill the speed and streamlining we gained by switching to better, modern software. :|

Not sure why how a Join Date and Location would effect Speed? Because they are Static Entries. And Don't Chain or need Updating.

But I'll take your word on it.

:)

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
Been dealing with the Xenforo software for a while now on my site and there is no impact on loading speed by showing the members post count and location at all.
Having the mood and efc supporting member badges will slow down page loads a lot more than having a post count and location within the postbit.

IM_ALL_IN

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2013
NE

This right here x1000.

I don't have time to read this forum and continually click user names to see how long they've been around. This forum has been instantly crippled by this horrible decision to not show post counts/join dates. We're inhaling these products and I want advice from people who know what they're talking about, not noobs who joined last month. Since I don't have time to click everyone's avatar, I can no longer use this forum effectively for advice.

capthook

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
North Carolina
Location, join date and post count contribute greatly to building community on ECF.
Anything that achieves this should be a priority.
Instead, it currently seems these valuable assets have been 'deleted' for 'advertising'. Mood and member banner to promote revenue.

How is post count/page views changed?
I would guess both have gone down by the relative 'quite'.
Burger joint: Hey, we can save time and money by eliminating lettuce and tomato!
Customer: That's what makes a burger great. Goodbye.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Post counts aren't going to happen.

And with the complaining about location, most will see that it's not that accurate, if it's even used.

The Post Counts I can live without.

The Actual Number of Posts would be a Nice Addition. But I can see how on a site of this Size, that it may Impact performance.

I also Noticed that the Page Background is not a Gray Blue. This is MUCH Easier on the Eyes. And gives a MUCH Better contrast to the Post Field.

Good Job!

Reactions: Katya

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, excellent. Now we just need post counts. But I'm very pleased to see location and join date back - thanks to those who have implemented it.

Not sure how useful your location is though, zoiDman :)

Since the I was one of the Vocal Members advocating for the Location to be Included, I might just have to List a More Specific Location.

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread