Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
3:30 in the morning and of course I'm wide awake. Must be the CT tomorrow. Of course I would love to go well rested but, obviously that ain't going to happen. I really hate this not sleeping stuff. Oh well, just have to deal with it. Surprised nobody is around, normally there is. What's going on, everybody get normal all of a sudden? :eek:

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Morning Fran. Getting ready to go to the hospital and lay in the giant donut for my CT scan. Now this is the 5th one in a little over 3 years and I know that I don't react hardly at all to the dye but, they still insist on telling me no food or drink for 4 hours prior. Also don't take any meds and bring them with you. Last time I did the tech ask what the heck those are for. Won't do that again. Drinking a diet coke in the way to the hospital. Heck with em can't live without caffeine! :thumbs:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I was at a party the other night watching the fight - there were about 7 or 8 couples - Ummm, we were the oldest couple - we were also the only couple at the party that had ever written each other letters to each other while dating - no email back then. Shoot we used to mail each other cassette tape letters once a month - it kind of felt more personal.

One guy said - "Man that had to be rough" LOL

The world sure has changed - and - I mean a lot...

Mike and I wrote letters to each other too when he was in college. Then when our kids were grown and went off to college I was so grateful for email at least because then they didn't seem so far away. Our daughter just moved to Colorado Springs this past weekend and yesterday she did FaceTime with us and took us on a tour of the whole house! Last Christmas Mike had her Skype through our big TV so it was like she was sitting here with us as we opened gifts. The kids think that's normal, but it's still amazing to Mike and I.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Morning Fran. Getting ready to go to the hospital and lay in the giant donut for my CT scan. Now this is the 5th one in a little over 3 years and I know that I don't react hardly at all to the dye but, they still insist on telling me no food or drink for 4 hours prior. Also don't take any meds and bring them with you. Last time I did the tech ask what the heck those are for. Won't do that again. Drinking a diet coke in the way to the hospital. Heck with em can't live without caffeine! :thumbs:

Good luck to you Matt. You're getting ready to go and I'm home after dropping my friend off at the hospital so I've got both of you in my prayers this morning!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good luck to you Matt. You're getting ready to go and I'm home after dropping my friend off at the hospital so I've got both of you in my prayers this morning!
Well here I sit in the waiting area. Appointment is at 7am. Bet I'm out and having breakfast by then. This is my 5th CT scan in 5 years. All at the same place with the same receptionists and techs. They all know me and it's kind of like old home week. Everybody is very pleasant. I also always get the first appointment of the day. Can't eat or drink before hand so if you get the first appointment you don't sit around starving while you wait. I'm going for breakfast biscuits at Chick-fil-a. They make the best breakfast biscuits around. At least in the fast food business. Hardee's are second. Getting Doree a chicken biscuit and I'm going to get me a country ham and egg and a bacon, egg and cheese. I guess you all can tell I am STARVING. This isn't fat around my waist, it's an Ethiopian famine belly!

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Well here I sit in the waiting area. Appointment is at 7am. Bet I'm out and having breakfast by then. This is my 5th CT scan in 5 years. All at the same place with the same receptionists and techs. They all know me and it's kind of like old home week. Everybody is very pleasant. I also always get the first appointment of the day. Can't eat or drink before hand so if you get the first appointment you don't sit around starving while you wait. I'm going for breakfast biscuits at Chick-fil-a. They make the best breakfast biscuits around. At least in the fast food business. Hardee's are second. Getting Doree a chicken biscuit and I'm going to get me a country ham and egg and a bacon, egg and cheese. I guess you all can tell I am STARVING. This isn't fat around my waist, it's an Ethiopian famine belly!

You aren't kidding about Eat Mor Chikin's breakfast biscuits! Soooo good! They also have about a zillion calories, but I eat ''em anyway :). The one on 95 South in Lumberton, NC is a standard stopping point on my way back from SC; bacon, egg and cheese and a large lemonade. Enjoy one for me, Matt!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hope all went well Matt. Enjoy your breakfast.

The alarm went off at 4:30am for Janet this morning. I was up for about 1/2 hr then got back to sleep, so why do I feel like I've been up since then - poop. :mad: Janet's asleep in the other room, I guess she decided on an early nap. :oops:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Mike and I wrote letters to each other too when he was in college. Then when our kids were grown and went off to college I was so grateful for email at least because then they didn't seem so far away. Our daughter just moved to Colorado Springs this past weekend and yesterday she did FaceTime with us and took us on a tour of the whole house! Last Christmas Mike had her Skype through our big TV so it was like she was sitting here with us as we opened gifts. The kids think that's normal, but it's still amazing to Mike and I.

One of our members had his wife join us at Sunday School - she was in Israel at the time - via Skype...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
50 years ago cars were basic machines compared to today's vehicles. Now they want them to drive for you. 25 years ago email was basically unheard of - now we have video chats across the world.

What will our children have when they get our age?

Can you say - Beam me up Scotty?

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
So here you are... Getting your scan.... When you read this, you will be eating those tasty biscuits .. Or back home. Hope you still get good results!
Well the biscuits were great. The scan on the other hand remains to be seen, won't get the results until my oncologist appointment next Tuesday. I have been cancer free every time so far so I don't really see any reason to expect otherwise. It is scheduled at a much more civilized time, 2 PM.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Good Morning, All. It appears I wasn't as far behind in here as I thought. Praying for good results from the CT scan!
Hi Roto, hope your having a great day. Other than getting up to darn early and not having slept last night mine is gp9ng fairly good. Beautiful outside and I am considering going back for a nap in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread