Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I quit drinking 22 1/2 yrs ago. I quit because my liver was letting me know in no uncertain terms that it didn't care for a daily diet of beer and Jose Cuervo -- so I'm pretty sure that if there was ANYTHING to this theory of liver damage, I'd have felt it by now, vaping daily for over a year. On the contrary, my liver seems quite happy with me these days, not only not having to detox me of alcohol, but also all the poisons in cigarette smoke. When I had my appendectomy last summer, I woke up more rapidly from the general anesthesia than I ever have woken from it before; my doctor said it was because my liver was no longer so burdened with smoke toxins, and could clear me of the anesthetics much faster -- and I had only been smoke-free for about 3 1/2 months at that time.

Andria

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
My understanding is that VG can metabolize into glucose when eaten but not when inhaled. Just like alcohol when inhaled - it will still get you drunk but takes a completely different route through the body and therefore behaves quite differently on the body during it's journey from intake to output.

And yes, the WARNING, did at least get me to look.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
vape-addict" data-source="post: 15704822" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vape-addict said:
hear we go again ..this post reeks of troll

Right, a full member who has been here since 2014 suddenly becomes a troll.....mostly because YOU don't agree with what they have to say. :nah:

This has always been a board where people can express their concerns...... for the benefit of others.

Any time somebody has actual blood profiles that indicate something, I look at them. It is important to know that not everyone's metabolism is the same. Therefore, the outlier may actually have an experience that will benefit others who are affected in a little different way by certain things than the rest of us are.

All you did was to deny that possibility.

which is close minded.

I have been vaping for almost 3 years mostly high VG juice. My liver tests have not shown any changes.

Again, this is YOU.

(is everybody here living in their own universe to the point that they cannot understand that somebody else may not be just like you, have your metabolism, your body, etc.? ) Because every time somebody has a little different experience, somebody out of the majority will either pounce on them, or just provide them with the "it didn't bother ME" meme.

We want to make progress with vaping knowledge, we want vaping to be available to everyone as much as possible. At least I do. And we can't do that if we deny that some people are having experiences that are "not you". Not me, not us.

BTW all this hiding stuff puts vaping back a decade. When I was talkign to the immulogist/allergist, I mentioned about vaping, of course, it makes sense that, if they don't have patients who bring these things to them, they can't learn more themselves. they can't test me for stuff that is not in their general protocols. I would have to "help them help me". they can't do that if I don't even tell them I'm vaping and what I "think" is in there.

It boggles my mind how many vapers here, in 2015, tell how they are "hiding" this stuff from their doctors. If your doctor is going to treat you with recrimination then hire a new one. My doctors WANT to work with me, on whatever problems i am having..... are willing to do the work involved, and don't make flash judgements. If they did, they wouldn't be part of MY TEAM.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Right, a full member who has been here since 2014 suddenly becomes a troll.....mostly because YOU don't agree with what they have to say. :nah:

This has always been a board where people can express their concerns...... for the benefit of others.

Any time somebody has actual blood profiles that indicate something, I look at them. It is important to know that not everyone's metabolism is the same. Therefore, the outlier may actually have an experience that will benefit others who are affected in a little different way by certain things than the rest of us are.

All you did was to deny that possibility.

which is close minded.

Again, this is YOU.

(is everybody here living in their own universe to the point that they cannot understand that somebody else may not be just like you, have your metabolism, your body, etc.? ) Because every time somebody has a little different experience, somebody out of the majority will either pounce on them, or just provide them with the "it didn't bother ME" meme.

We want to make progress with vaping knowledge, we want vaping to be available to everyone as much as possible. At least I do. And we can't do that if we deny that some people are having experiences that are "not you". Not me, not us.

BTW all this hiding stuff puts vaping back a decade. When I was talkign to the immulogist/allergist, I mentioned about vaping, of course, it makes sense that, if they don't have patients who bring these things to them, they can't learn more themselves. they can't test me for stuff that is not in their general protocols. I would have to "help them help me". they can't do that if I don't even tell them I'm vaping and what I "think" is in there.

It boggles my mind how many vapers here, in 2015, tell how they are "hiding" this stuff from their doctors. If your doctor is going to treat you with recrimination then hire a new one. My doctors WANT to work with me, on whatever problems i am having..... are willing to do the work involved, and don't make flash judgements. If they did, they wouldn't be part of MY TEAM.

Excellent post. :thumb: I got much of the same dismissal with my reports of how little VG it takes to make me feel a "hairball" in my chest, and be unable to breathe -- if there weren't others around here with a similar problem with VG (even if not quite as severe as my own problem), I might have kept trying to use high VG, and landed myself in the hospital!

On the topic of informing doctors, though... when I went for my emergency appendectomy, I didn't say a word about vaping, just that I hadn't smoked in 110 days -- because I know how emergency room folks are. My own doc, however, got the full skinny -- because he knows exactly how many decades I wrestled with cigarettes, and I knew he would consider it a benefit for me to do "anything but smoking"!

Same applies with the dehydration/electrolyte issues -- there are still some folks around here who say they "don't believe in" vaping being dehydrating. That is THEIR reality -- my own reality is that I was already borderline dehydrated, for many many years, and vaping pushed it into redline territory, so severely that I ended up wrecking my electrolyte balance and got swollen ankles and sore feet to show for it. And drinking more More MORE water DIDN'T FIX IT -- only coconut water and reducing my caffeine intake fixed it -- and if I drink soda all day, as I do as my parents', I get the swelling again in my ankles, and have to really push that coconut water for the next couple days.

Every BODY is not the same.

Andria

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
Thought this might be the best place to post this:

So about a month ago had blood test done that showed alt liver enzymes (caused by damage to liver). There can be a ton of causes for this. But one is to high of intake of sugar and VG converts to sugar in the body.

Not sure that is accurate. I am no doctor and the synthesis of glycerine in the body is pretty complex (the body produces it naturally from a process called lipolysis), but from the research papers I have seen, it should not raise blood sugar (though it does cause insulin spikes in some people). Glycerol is a carbohydrate but it is not absorbed by the body like the well known simple carbs like sugar, glucose, fructose, etc . Moreover, the experimental data show that the effect glycerol has on insulin, for example, depends on its route of administration. When it is injected intravenously, it appears to have no effect. When it is taken orally, it does, at least according to a couple of research papers I have seen.

Just wanted to but this warning out there. That to much vg may cause liver damage.
so if you are a heavy VG vaper like me. Next time you are at the doc may want to have a blood test to check for alt liver enzymes. Better safe than sorry right.

Not to be argumentative, but can your doctor cite research that shows glycerine "can cause liver damage" in humans? Of course, it's possible that *any* substance can cause damage if ingested or inhaled in high enough amounts, but vaping 3mL of VG a day isn't an extreme amount at all. Some of the old research on glycerine exposed human volunteers to 30mLs (ingesting, not inhaling) a day with zero adverse effects.

I am not saying VG is or isn't the cause here. I am just saying I think it would be smart to rule out more parsimonious possibilities before we say "vaping did it." Keep in mind that glycerine is found in cigarettes too, but you don't hear people talking much about that (of course, because there are much more dangerous chemicals in cigarettes).

P.S. Here is an interesting blog entry I found on glycerine. This guy, though not a professional, dug up a bunch of human and animal studies on it. He was interested in VG as an additive in food and how it might affect blood sugar and/or people on low carb (ketonic) diets. So it's not relevant directly to vaping, but is related to your concerns about glycerine, the liver and blood sugar.

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread