Status
Not open for further replies.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Yeah that's the only reason why I desiderate against getting the Rouge is the massive air flow.

Old school 801 atomizer was always known for the best flavor but tight draw. Low air = more flavor. More air equals big clouds and less flavor.

I've been using 2 derringers.. one clone and one athentic. Both bf by me. Great flavor (flavorless but vg gives it a natural sweetness) but damn does it leak all over me. I'll have a puddle.. yeah a large puddle on the floor if I'm not paying attention.

Basicly when I go out with this thing I need to wrap a napkin around my reo.

zodduska

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
Illinois
So I bought some Rogues based on Super_x's glowing review.. I was surprised by the loose draw, before even building it I sanded down the top cap after reading the advice here. Coming from an Odin it seemed very airy and harsh if I tried to close it down even a little, and its hard to center the air hole over the coils if closed down at all.

I've found the best setup for me is coils pulled up off the deck slightly higher than I would normally build, I also experimented with using o-rings to partially block the intake by stretching them over the top cap into the gap.. took a while to find one that worked well but now the airflow is way better. I like it for the smart design, but the vapor produced is no Odin.. at least not for a mouth the lung hitter like me.

Reactions: unsure

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I am loving the Rogue. I have a 0.3 ohm dual 24 gauge build on it, and its a fantastic atty. not getting quite the warmth of the Odin, and I've always done my comparisons against my old Trident V2, which I truly mastered the build on that thing. The positive pin is stripped though being a clone and so much use. Rogue is an easier version of the Odin to build on by far, and its the most carefree atty i've ever had. Personally I think the draw is just right, not too open or tight.

Edit: also I've noticed that this thing like coils with alot of surface area, so build smaller diameter coils with more wraps. Mine is a dual 7 wrap 24 gauge around a 2mm bit for .3 ohms. i'd like it to be lower, but I'm not gonna run 22 gauge on a reo. Might experiment with twisted or braided coils

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's crooked!!
You're messing with our OCD!!
surprise-male-shock-stun-smiley-emoticon-000284-design.gif

LOL

Not a top air flow but a every good Catfish BF Hellboy.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
So I bought some Rogues based on Super_x's glowing review.. I was surprised by the loose draw, before even building it I sanded down the top cap after reading the advice here. Coming from an Odin it seemed very airy and harsh if I tried to close it down even a little, and its hard to center the air hole over the coils if closed down at all.

I've found the best setup for me is coils pulled up off the deck slightly higher than I would normally build, I also experimented with using o-rings to partially block the intake by stretching them over the top cap into the gap.. took a while to find one that worked well but now the airflow is way better. I like it for the smart design, but the vapor produced is no Odin.. at least not for a mouth the lung hitter like me.
I'm not loving my rogue but, something I did that made alignment easier was to put an alignment mark on the top cap and chamber.
Removed both, made sure they were aligned perfectly looking from the bottom. Used a cutting wheel on my Dremel to sand a small line on the two pieces.
That way you just have align the chamber on your coils and getting the top cap right is a breeze...

Reactions: zodduska

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Just setup the Omerta for the first time. Without question a royal PITA comparably. Using the top(flavor) air inlets and have to say it's pretty good. Still haven't bf'd it. Tiniest bit taller than the Rogue. I'll probably chop the ends of the positive half moon block. Doesn't allow the wick enough space which blocks airflow under the coil. Have to see when I take it apart...

Significantly more flavor than the Rogue.
Other than setup I don't really see the reason for all the bashing....
Edit: finished
b9b50e9a838e13e5ab30b90ce6069897.jpg

1bcaf3a53407bcaee9cfd278dff2d0be.jpg

6affa43b6ef85537b04c6a65df77dee8.jpg

4e648859b8a27392cb7a798cca923187.jpg

Really good flavor IMHO....

Last edited:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Has anyone else experienced leaking with a Chowderhead Rogue on Reo's with the new 510? I get leaking only on the positive part of my battery, looks like its coming out of the little Reo plastic housing

you prob need to tighten the center post on the reo. Remember to never over tighten the screw for that black plastic part! Super easy to strip as its an aluminum mod. So finger tight but never crank it past snug. If you do it will be a trip back to the spa and many have done it.

If your reo is new you can tighten the center post pretty easy as its a ss post. If it's an older one you can strip it easy.

There's videos on how to change the contact pin that will show you how to tighten the center post.. I believe there on reosmods Web site.. make sure there the newer videos if it's for the newest mod.

Basicly if you can push your contact pin to the side it's loose and juice will leak there and come out where your battery is.

Reactions: Daigoman

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Ya I've had reos for a while and have heard more than one person killing their reo with that screw for the black plastic part. It was the steel stem that the juice straw attaches to. I didn't realize it was threaded, but it was certainly loose. It wasn't a major leak, but I gently tightened it with some needlenose pliers because I couldn't get it reasonably tight with my fingers. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it is

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Just setup the Omerta for the first time. Without question a royal PITA comparably. Using the top(flavor) air inlets and have to say it's pretty good. Still haven't bf'd it. Tiniest bit taller than the Rogue. I'll probably chop the ends of the positive half moon block. Doesn't allow the wick enough space which blocks airflow under the coil. Have to see when I take it apart...

Significantly more flavor than the Rogue.
Other than setup I don't really see the reason for all the bashing....
Edit: finished
b9b50e9a838e13e5ab30b90ce6069897.jpg

1bcaf3a53407bcaee9cfd278dff2d0be.jpg

6affa43b6ef85537b04c6a65df77dee8.jpg

4e648859b8a27392cb7a798cca923187.jpg

Really good flavor IMHO....
Whoa! Nice job! I have an un-BFed $7 clone that I've been wrestling with... serious PITA. I've settled on vertical coils for now, but not a big fan. Seems like they could've just made a 4 post design, like you did, and had a much more reasonable build deck. I've shorted that thing so many times...
In other news... more top flow attys from CH- Manta V2 & REM atty, in stock soon!
Also, Chalice III is technically top flow as well.

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Whoa! Nice job! I have an un-BFed $7 clone that I've been wrestling with... serious PITA. I've settled on vertical coils for now, but not a big fan. Seems like they could've just made a 4 post design, like you did, and had a much more reasonable build deck. I've shorted that thing so many times...
In other news... more top flow attys from CH- Manta V2 & REM atty, in stock soon!
Also, Chalice III is technically top flow as well.

Thank you. Right? Just makes more sense. You can still build vertical if you like. Was surprisingly easy.

Really liking it. As leak proof as the rogue and I'm getting good flavor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Etta

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Right? Just makes more sense. You can still build vertical if you like. Was surprisingly easy.

Really liking it. As leak proof as the rogue and I'm getting good flavor.

And much better airflow options.
I prefer horizontal twisted coils... It would totally rock with just those posts in the middle- plenty of room to do whatever. The metal section doesn't even reduce the chamber that much.

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
And much better airflow options.
I prefer horizontal twisted coils... It would totally rock with just those posts in the middle- plenty of room to do whatever. The metal section doesn't even reduce the chamber that much.
I'd recommend giving it whirl. Dremel cutting wheel. I'd be curious what someone else thought. With the top air flow I'm getting a little less vapor than I was use to with the derringer or rogue. Good TH and good flavor though. More flavor than the Derringer.

Yeah, the block was pretty useless as far as its affect on airflow and really just made building it harder. It's still tricky but, a tad easier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread