Years later I finally find the closest vape to a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
I've been vaping in subohm territory on bigger (non cigalikes) mods for the past year or so, on 0.3-0.7 coils regularly with VV/VW mods only with a range of 30-40watts. I started looking for mech mods recently and picked some up, then picked me up some VTC4's. After trying to figure out builds and such, I discovered Nichrome 80 (I exclusively used Kanthal A1). Come to find out Nichrome 80 is more malleable, and doesnt last as long as Kanthal, I was deterred but looked more into it. The rampup time on Nichrome seems to be much quicker, and the Nichrome 80 gives less resistance per ft compared to Kanthal A1 (same gauge). Recently I've been vaping 0.17-0.3ohm coils and Its the closest thing to a quick drag form a lit cigarette ive ever vaped.

0.17ohms on a mech w/ sony vtc4

I believe I will be purchasing a sigelei 100w soon, so I wont have to 'build for the mod'. 100W vaping is pretty nice not having to take 3+sec long drags, with 0 rampup time. So yeah, I get why the sigelei mods are popular now. I didnt really bash on em I just never understood them, but now I do :thumb:. Short, Quick, Drags. Very satisfying.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Yeah, I think this setup will keep me satisfied for a while. I plan on purchasing a 100+ watt mod but not anytime soon since my mechs/rda are keeping me compeltely satisfied atm. Although, I do find myself trying to put that money towards other uneeded vaping gear, the neverending search rofl. I am browsing through the gajillion of driptips on FastTech right now, even though I dont need any... I have 30 of these teflon drip tips I love, but I dont know what else to do online anymore other than windowshop.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Yeah, I think this setup will keep me satisfied for a while. I plan on purchasing a 100+ watt mod but not anytime soon since my mechs/rda are keeping me compeltely satisfied atm. Although, I do find myself trying to put that money towards other uneeded vaping gear, the neverending search rofl. I am browsing through the gajillion of driptips on FastTech right now, even though I dont need any... I have 30 of these teflon drip tips I love, but I dont know what else to do online anymore other than windowshop.
Right? All I do online is window shop these days. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread