Redd's ~'with a little help from my friends'~vaping around the clock~chat~music~images and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Good Morning/After Noon Tuesday, I think! :)

From Wikipedia:
The first part, the one most familiar to listeners, called "Tuesday Afternoon", was originally

released on The Moody Blues 1967 album Days of Future Passed, a concept album chronicling a typical

day. On the album, it was part one of "The Afternoon" track titled "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)".

Justin Hayward wrote the song originally intending to name it "Tuesday Afternoon". At the

insistence of producer Tony Clarke, it was named "Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?)" for its release on

Days of Future Passed. However, when it was released as a single a year later, its name was changed

back to "Tuesday Afternoon", and it has been more commonly known by this name ever since. Some of

the Moody Blues compilation and live albums list the song as "Tuesday Afternoon (Forever

Afternoon)" to reflect both titles.

"Tuesday Afternoon" was released as a single in 1968, and was the second single from Days of Future

Passed (the first being "Nights in White Satin"). It was backed with another Days track, "Another

Morning". The single version of "Tuesday Afternoon" was oddly edited down to 2:16, ending before

the repeat of the opening riff and "Tuesday afternoon" verse.

According to an interview with Justin Hayward, he wrote "Tuesday Afternoon" while sitting in the

middle of a field near his home in England on a beautiful spring afternoon. He claims that he had

his acoustic guitar in hand and the song just came to him. The song features Justin Hayward on lead

vocals and acoustic guitar. The backing melody comes from the mellotron, which was played by Mike

Pinder. There is also a short flute solo at the end played by Ray Thomas.

On Days of Future Passed, the London Festival Orchestra performs the final orchestral rendition of

the chorus. This orchestral link between parts one and two of the song was recorded separately from

the Moodys' portions. The link was arranged by Peter Knight, who arranged orchestral sections for

the entire album. However, for the single release and subsequent releases on compilation albums,

this orchestral finale was not included, and the song simply faded out during Ray Thomas's flute

solo. The Moody Blues 1994 compilation album, Time Traveller, marked the first time the orchestral

link was included on a compilation. Its release on 1998's Anthology also included the first-portion

orchestral finale.

In concert, "Tuesday Afternoon" is usually ended with a short reprise of the opening acoustic

guitar riff after the flute solo. Although, when the Moody Blues perform backed by a live

orchestra, the original orchestral link ends the song.

Lyrics:
Tuesday afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.

Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.

I'm looking at myself reflections of my mind,
It's just the kind of day to leave myself behind.
So gently swaying through the fairyland of love,
If you'll just come with me you'll see the beauty of

Tuesday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday, afternoon,
I'm just beginning to see, now I'm on my way.
It doesn't matter to me, chasing the clouds away.
Something, calls to me,
The trees are drawing me near, I've got to find out why?
Those gentle voices I hear, explain it all with a sigh.

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
11115793_394930574031494_6176672901749878808_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread