Kramer-Dressed-In-A-Pimp-Costume-In-Seinfeld.jpg

Have a colorful day...

empteeteacup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
Tampa, FL
Off topic, but I wanted to share something I witnessed today. I was out to breakfast with my mom and brother, when a group of (presumably) privileged middle aged women started telling off the server for a small mistake in the meanest way possible. I, always being sympathetic to those in service industries, immediately lost my appetite and felt the need to go over and help defend the waitress. Granted, I was angry, and probably didn't deal with it in the best way possible (the B word was used more than once), but there's just no reason to treat someone like that. If this isn't obvious to you, be kind to service people (servers, sales people etc.). You reap what you sow with us. Kindness will get you better service and it will make our lives easier. We are not a lower class, so don't treat us as such. Don't go on a power trip the minute you see someone wearing an apron, polo, or any other uniform. We deal with angry people all day, and it takes a toll. We're all human, we all make mistakes. Take it in stride, breathe a bit, and treat us with the respect with which we treat you.

Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Btw,
I actually am ADHD, so I may forget it's my birthday by tomorrow!
Lol!

So am I (although the H seems to have left me of late) so I thought it was most fitting.

Oh look! Squirrel!! Now, what were we saying. Oh yeah. I remember...your new sweater, right?

Last edited:

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Off topic, but I wanted to share something I witnessed today. I was out to breakfast with my mom and brother, when a group of (presumably) privileged middle aged women started telling off the server for a small mistake in the meanest way possible. I, always being sympathetic to those in service industries, immediately lost my appetite and felt the need to go over and help defend the waitress. Granted, I was angry, and probably didn't deal with it in the best way possible (the B word was used more than once), but there's just no reason to treat someone like that. If this isn't obvious to you, be kind to service people (servers, sales people etc.). You reap what you sow with us. Kindness will get you better service and it will make our lives easier. We are not a lower class, so don't treat us as such. Don't go on a power trip the minute you see someone wearing an apron, polo, or any other uniform. We deal with angry people all day, and it takes a toll. We're all human, we all make mistakes. Take it in stride, breathe a bit, and treat us with the respect with which we treat you.

Rant over. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Very well said!! And I would like to add one more thing: doesn't matter if you WERE a 'lower class' (kinda don't believe in those but I suppose I need to be realistic here), there is never an excuse to treat anyone without kindness and respect. EVERYONE! Unless, of course, you are a serial ......, murderer, child abuser or animal abuser. Then you deserve to be treated with whips, chains, long ropes tied to the tailgate of fast moving trucks and anything else I can think of.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
So am I (although the H seems to have left me of late) so I thought it was most fitting.

Oh look! Squirrel!! Now, what were we saying. Oh yeah. I remember...your new sweater, right?
Oh!
I missed the squirrel!
There was something shiny...

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Oh!
I missed the squirrel!
There was something shiny...

LOL! I believe Mr. Cocker was a bit ... um ... under the influence. So funny! That and your shiny. I missed Woodstock. Probably a very good thing that I did. Yep.

I need to be sleeping because I am making no sense, even in my own mind. Good night loverly people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread