Status
Not open for further replies.

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
I had NO access to ECF yesterday. Tapatalk was down for the count and if I tried to login with ChromeI I kept getting a 404 error. Was it just me/my area. Or how wide spread was this I wonder?
It was everywhere. There were people complaining on Reddit.

Sent by yet another annoying mobile app.

Reactions: Rikk

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
I had NO access to ECF yesterday. Tapatalk was down for the count and if I tried to login with ChromeI I kept getting a 404 error. Was it just me/my area. Or how wide spread was this I wonder?

Hope you have recovered from your addiction. /lol /joke Just call me next time and I can counsel you. /lol /joke

It was a world wide outage. Cross post my thinkie from another thread:

Thanks team ECF for brining the site live!

Web site "outages" happen to every single web site on the internet. What we call "uptime" is never 100%. Period. Sometimes just a few minutes and sometimes for days :) It seems for me, they usually happened at 2:00 AM and I was woken from a sound sleep to fix it. Not fun when that beeper blasts away and your SO threatens to ..... /lol

In this case, I ran a trace route and ping from my crib in Las Vegas, Nevada and from other locations throughout the world. In all cases the hardware/server responded properly so that means to simplify it, Apache and "other software stuff" aka "services" were not running. I never tried to reach the Forums via a "proxy" but that would have been another way to diagnose the issue. Naturally, I could reach all my other sites and I always test with Google. This tells me that my internet connection aka ISP is working properly.

Generally, when you ban a forum member, you don't go to the trouble of producing a 404 for the banned member so, please don't worry about that.

IMHO, extended "outages" should always be posted on Facebook so the "natives" don't go nutso. /lol /joke

/Just my 2 cents worth and I'm not a member of Team ECF.

:)

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
At first I was thinking - what did I say or who did I piss off to get banned, and it must have been so bad they even went as far as blocking my IP address. Maybe it's just that new juice I started vaping....lol paranoid much!
No, I talked them out of banning you, your welcome.

THE WGU CLUB
Card Carrying Member/Co-Founder

Reactions: Phone Guy

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
O-rings I think are the best place to start. It's too bad it's back at home with out you :( I think I would go with the delta. It looks pretty good too. Sort of me reminds me of my old Kanger aerotank mega - with the all metal tank.
Yeah ill see how much it is, as it's around £50 in the UK so don't want to be paying a lot more than that! I'll replace the seals and check.

Could it be the build tho?
I had noticed the couple of leaks I've had were on pretty much empty tanks, as though the last few drops or so just leaked straight out. This was also after it was exposed to movement / vibration sittingi n the car
Hmm yes I've had that too, but also it leaks when i do a new build, not right away but like after a few hours with vaping, like crazy a lot-t:hats with no movement or anything.

I have a vape sock attached to my belt clip at all times and its in there. Through it around a few times as i forgot i had it on me and not ONE leak. Later that day pulled it out and started vaping and just started leaking.

What is the go to amount of cotton people use? Like lots and lots of cotton? Or a little bit? Or medium?
I have followed that uk reviewers guide exactly, nice and fully, not packed tight, not higher than the afc hole aswell, wick is nice and tight but not to loose in the coil. Still don't know!

However it vapes perfect, a lot better than the old decks. It's a learning curve and just need to find what works for me but that's a bit hard as i dont know what I'm doing wrong.

It's just going to have to wait till I'm back now. Didn't bring it as i didn't want it leaking unexpectedly and ruining ny suit! Haha

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
Yeah ill see how much it is, as it's around £50 in the UK so don't want to be paying a lot more than that! I'll replace the seals and check.

Could it be the build tho?

Hmm yes I've had that too, but also it leaks when i do a new build, not right away but like after a few hours with vaping, like crazy a lot-t:hats with no movement or anything.

I have a vape sock attached to my belt clip at all times and its in there. Through it around a few times as i forgot i had it on me and not ONE leak. Later that day pulled it out and started vaping and just started leaking.

What is the go to amount of cotton people use? Like lots and lots of cotton? Or a little bit? Or medium?
I have followed that uk reviewers guide exactly, nice and fully, not packed tight, not higher than the afc hole aswell, wick is nice and tight but not to loose in the coil. Still don't know!

However it vapes perfect, a lot better than the old decks. It's a learning curve and just need to find what works for me but that's a bit hard as i dont know what I'm doing wrong.

It's just going to have to wait till I'm back now. Didn't bring it as i didn't want it leaking unexpectedly and ruining ny suit! Haha

Um, are you referring to the B deck? I'm still not using it. The one time I did use it I didn't even run a full tank of juice through it. I had issues with resistance and wasn't in the mood to deal with it right then and there, so I put my W deck back on and have been using it ever since.

I keep meaning to try it again but when something's working so good it's hard to give it up. And my W deck is just working to good right now. I play again, sometime.

So is it the B deck that's leaking and giving you fits? The B deck is a completely different animal. I really need to give it it's time and learn it..

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I agree. Between dry hits, TC & worst of all leaking, after a couple weeks with the B, I gave up, went back to the W and haven't looked back since.

I only use my squape and my flask with tempered Ni200 28g and I vape all day & night. I don't want to be hassled with having to ensure it sits upright at all times. Amidst many reasons why I love the squape is how i couldn't get the W deck to leak unless I really forced it to by plugging the air intake and drawing hard on it (-ah, Kayfun memories)... well at least until I used the B deck.

When not in use I keep it in my pocket and I like to have the freedom to sit or stand or whatever without having to be fearful of juice soaking my pants. Juice is expansive.... pants are expensive... I just want to vape as hassle free as possible.

On a related note, anyone know of a good way to remove juice stains? I opened up a brand new white comforter just after I got the B deck and I got stains everywhere.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I agree. Between dry hits, TC & worst of all leaking, after a couple weeks with the B, I gave up, went back to the W and haven't looked back since.

I only use my squape and my flask with tempered Ni200 28g and I vape all day & night. I don't want to be hassled with having to ensure it sits upright at all times. Amidst many reasons why I love the squape is how i couldn't get the W deck to leak unless I really forced it to by plugging the air intake and drawing hard on it (-ah, Kayfun memories)... well at least until I used the B deck.

When not in use I keep it in my pocket and I like to have the freedom to sit or stand or whatever without having to be fearful of juice soaking my pants. Juice is expansive.... pants are expensive... I just want to vape as hassle free as possible.

On a related note, anyone know of a good way to remove juice stains? I opened up a brand new white comforter just after I got the B deck and I got stains everywhere.
I am right there with you.! The day I tried my B deck I was in a mood already, so when it started to give me fits I ripped it out and went right back to my W.

Like you, the only tank I use on my Flask is my Squape, with the W deck. I keep thinking my K4 would look so good on my Flask but the squape just works so damn good I never take it off except to fill or change my coil. And on top of that I only use nickel on it too. Except 30ga is my preferred build.

It's my only Dna 40 device and my Squape is the only atty I use temp protection on.

After reading a post that @Phone Guy made in another thread. It got me thinking. Why is nickel and TP all the rage right now? Is it because of the preconceived health benefits? Of which are still to be determined. Because as the point was made, and I totally agree, I really can't tell a difference between my nickel and Kanthal builds. They vape the same because I build'em that way

I have 3 tanks built with Kanthal I use along side my Squape. Are my Kanthal builds burning that much hotter than my nickel builds? It certainly doesn't seem as it is.

My point being, I build all of my tanks to give me the same type of vape, regardless of wire used. My Kanthal builds don't feel or vape any hotter than my nickel builds. In fact I throw fewer watts at my Kanthal builds. What's that say.

Does that make one better than the other? Who said it was better, or did anyone say it was better?
That casual post really got me thinking about all this nickel stuff. And now I'm babbling cuz it's late and I'm going to stop. ;)

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
Isn't it, as with a lot of other e-cig stuff and gadgets in general, at least partially about that "new stuff, WANT!" mentality as well?
I mean, stuff like temperature control, 150w regulated mods, .3 ohm prebuilt coils - all that jazz, is it really needed? I don't think so, but it's cool that you have the choice and it's amazing to read about and (in some cases) join the evolution.

For a vaper like me, a 1.5 ohm microcoil at 10 watts on a reliable setup is all I really need to get my "fix" :D
And that setup wouldn't be possible, had it not been for the awful cig-alikes, CE4 clearos and all the other stuff that lead to the creation of the SQuape R[eloaded] and the ProVari P3 that is my weapon of choice and have been for a good while now.
So yeah, it's all about evolution I guess - and I'm one of the cavemen that decided that this step on the ladder will do me just fine ;)

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Don't get me wrong here, I'm all about the gadgets trust me... And even though I'm not convinced temp control is anything more than a feature, I was anxious to join the group co-op buy of the dna40 boards to do upgrades on my mods, my son's mods, etc...

I only just barely got to play with temp control but I didn't perceive any difference between it and kanthal. In fact I saw more difference in Vapes when I tried nichrome Coils vs kanthal.

As of today, I think temp control has its benefits in certain scenarios. New vapers for example. I can see huge potential there, a newbie vaper not knowing how to control the wicking and potentially never getting that dry hit. Windowless tanks where you can't actively check juice level and avoiding the burned hit. And finally drippers, though I think most people who routine drip are running extreme builds and wouldn't consider 40w or 50j available in current TC devices acceptable.

But in today's reality, my wicking issues are usually flooding or leaking, not burned dry hits from not wicking. And I think that's more the norm for what I would dare call the more experienced crowd who frequent these ECF threads ;)

40w for me is overkill I RARELY go above 20w (if that high)

So even though I say all these things, I joined the bandwagon - hell I tried to jump on the damn horse! I love gadgets, but still not sure I see why TC is "all the rage" (yet)

(this post may come back to bite me in the *** sooner or later)

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
here we go, some details have appeared on the website!!

- Release: late May
- 10mm less in height to SQuape R
- 3,8ml
- small SQ engraving
- SQuape R base and decks
- Borosilicate glass
- SQuip Tip Nano
- Full compatible to all parts of the SQuape R[eloaded] - except the nano chimney.

20e6d0dc79365d45f8620c21a172f633_XL.jpg

So who's getting?

nevillebartos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Vic, Aus
After reading a post that @Phone Guy made in another thread. It got me thinking. Why is nickel and TP all the rage right now? Is it because of the preconceived health benefits? Of which are still to be determined. Because as the point was made, and I totally agree, I really can't tell a difference between my nickel and Kanthal builds. They vape the same because I build'em that way

I moved onto TP pretty quickly, burnt the .... out of nautilus because I didn't know what I was doing, had to soak every part to get that taste out.. With the help of you guys it hasn't taken me long to figure out how to get my squape built consistently, I run 30W all day without touching TP, but I havn't bothered building with anything but nickle. I like having TP there as a backup measure, just one of those things you don't need til you need it, I don't really see a downside, just no burnt vapes ever, and I have hot sauce for the good burn.

Junny89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Um, are you referring to the B deck? I'm still not using it. The one time I did use it I didn't even run a full tank of juice through it. I had issues with resistance and wasn't in the mood to deal with it right then and there, so I put my W deck back on and have been using it ever since.

I keep meaning to try it again but when something's working so good it's hard to give it up. And my W deck is just working to good right now. I play again, sometime.

So is it the B deck that's leaking and giving you fits? The B deck is a completely different animal. I really need to give it it's time and learn it..
Yup on about the B deck.
Tbh mine doesn't leak when it's on its side at all. It just leaks notoriously when it's like half empty.
here we go, some details have appeared on the website!!

So who's getting?
Lol most likely i will. So I'm guessing it's a new smaller squape R that's just smaller? So like the nano but with windows yaaay :D
What else is different?

Reactions: showman

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

Isn't it, as with a lot of other e-cig stuff and gadgets in general, at least partially about that "new stuff, WANT!" mentality as well?

I only just barely got to play with temp control but I didn't perceive any difference between it and kanthal. In fact I saw more difference in Vapes when I tried nichrome Coils vs kanthal.

Respectfully, factor in the "group power of suggestion" and I'm sorry but I just don't buy it. Points taken and I agree 100%. I started my DNA40 journey back in 10/14 and did a lot of experiments including several conversations with Brandon @ Evolv. Today, I only use NI200 in drippers because it eliminates dry hits and provides "cues" when your wick needs saturation. It's also a dandy solution for those that DIY and need to sample a bunch of mixes so you fire fire fire till the wick is clean. Kanthal will remain my goto build for all my RTA's and I'm not changing. /lol

I'm waiting for the results of Dr. Farsalino's scientific study and I'm quite sure that he will document exactly what chemical's get released and at what levels when we either experience a dry hit and or blast the juice with 150 watts. Even though 16 watts is about my max I still want to know to help others. I hope the vaping community embraces his findings.

The B deck: HA! I would never recommend it to a newbie. This thread has great folks with plenty of experience building other devices. Experienced vapers who are willing to embrace trial and error. And yet so many of us struggle with this "temperamental" B deck. I was just about ready to throw in the towel with the B deck and go back to the W but the UK video was the key that unlocked the secret. My two monsters still leak on a very intermittent basis. Little little dribbles out of the air hole, maybe 4 or 5 times in a full tank but I can live with that. Just in case someone needs the link and pic here it is:

The UK guy build:

My emulation of same:

SMALL-P1010090.jpg

3MM ID wrap
KGD fluffy and plenty of it
Kanthal 28 guage

HTH

:)

Last edited:

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I moved onto TP pretty quickly, burnt the **** out of nautilus because I didn't know what I was doing, had to soak every part to get that taste out.. With the help of you guys it hasn't taken me long to figure out how to get my squape built consistently, I run 30W all day without touching TP, but I havn't bothered building with anything but nickle. I like having TP there as a backup measure, just one of those things you don't need til you need it, I don't really see a downside, just no burnt vapes ever, and I have hot sauce for the good burn.
Mind showing a pic of your build? What gauge Ni & ohms? Do you glow your freshly made could/dry burn?

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
The reason I went for TC was because I thought it would be healthier, but that is an unverified perception at this point. It seems to make sense that it would be, but like others mentioned, I was pretty happy with 1.2ohm kanthal builds @ 12v. It would be interesting to know what temp different variables on kanthal builds reach (of course amount of chain vaping would inevitably boost the temp) but I wonder just how much "healthier" nickel TC builds really are.

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I mean, stuff like temperature control, 150w regulated mods, .3 ohm prebuilt coils - all that jazz, is it really needed? I don't think so, but it's cool that you have the choice and it's amazing to read about and (in some cases) join the evolution.

For a vaper like me, a 1.5 ohm microcoil at 10 watts on a reliable setup is all I really need to get my "fix" :D
And that setup wouldn't be possible, had it not been for the awful cig-alikes, CE4 clearos and all the other stuff that lead to the creation of the SQuape R[eloaded] and the ProVari P3 that is my weapon of choice and have been for a good while now.
So yeah, it's all about evolution I guess - and I'm one of the cavemen that decided that this step on the ladder will do me just fine ;)
Oh, I jumped on the temp train, just like the rest of ya. I jumped on real soon after it took off. It just got me really thinking about it last night, especially with all the strong debate going on right now in some other threads about which one is better and as I've read others say - which one sucks more......really?

I want to make sure I'm staying realistic in my recommendations and not misleading others into thinking that I think one is better over the other because of my strong preferences. Not only in devices but in the actual wire being used for builds.

I've said in this thread many times how I prefer nickel in my SqR. It's not that I think it's so much better, It's just my preference.

I'm sort of stressing that now because of what I've been reading. How some are saying nickel is the best vape they've ever had, how different the vape is over Kanthal. I believe they believe that. I'm just hoping I haven't come across that way is all. It's different in many many ways. But in the end, when you're finally enjoying your vape, FOR ME, It's really no different. I get the same amount of vapor, the flavors the same depending on my temp. It's just the same. It's just getting to the end result which is different.

I've been on the nickel hoopla for a long time, I just need to make sure I'm straightforward on what that is exactly when I do. Because I get caught up in it too and I certainly don't want to give anyone the wrong idea on why I use nickel or why I recommend it so much.

And that would be - I like nickel because of the preconceived health benefits, and I like a challenge - not because I think the end vape is better or any different.

But when you're ready to jump on TP, if you haven't already - the SqR is an awesome atty to try nickel in. I love it, for the reasons mentioned above. ;) that's all. Oh, and start with the W deck. I love that deck. It no leakie for me.

Man - I wish I could get that B deck to work. Is anyone having good luck with it? With nickel - if so, photos and explanations would be awesome!

Reactions: showman

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
The reason I went for TC was because I thought it would be healthier, but that is an unverified perception at this point. It seems to make sense that it would be, but like others mentioned, I was pretty happy with 1.2ohm kanthal builds @ 12v. It would be interesting to know what temp different variables on kanthal builds reach (of course amount of chain vaping would inevitably boost the temp) but I wonder just how much "healthier" nickel TC builds really are.
I know right. When I'm vaping, I wonder if my Kanthal builds burn any hotter than my nickel builds do. I know I can keep my nickel under temp with temp protection. But I rarely if ever hit temp anyway. If you've got a great build with proper wicking and airflow, it stays below temp without temp protection kicking in. That's our goal.

So it makes me wonder if my Kanthal builds are actually staying below temp too. I too never go above 20 watts on my nickel builds. And I never go above 13 watts on my Kanthal builds. The only sub-ohming I've ever done is with nickel. Never with Kanthal. That's just not my thing. And with nickel we have no choice, your forced to subohm the resistance is so low in nickel.

Maybe a lot of us are staying under temp with our Kanthal builds too and just don't know it because we have no way of measuring it? Vape for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread