Status
Not open for further replies.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Good morning all.

I played around with a Peach Melba recipe yesterday. Actually what I did was get a recipe of an edible Peach Melba and experimented with what I thought might give me same result. I ended up with what appears below. My peach is Molinberry brand but I'm sure this would work just as well with TFA. I could have used Cotton Candy but went for EM instead because I have heaps of it. If you think the raspberry is a little overpowering you can lower it to 2%. I made it as is and it tasted pretty good even after just a good shake with my milk frother and a wait till all the foam settled down.

Peach Melba
9% MB Nectar Peach
7% TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
5% EM
3% TFA Raspberry
3% TFA Vanilla Swirl
1% TFA Juicy Lemon

My base was a 60PG/40VG 4mg nic mix. Let me know what your think.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I got this recipe off of this thread although I am not sure it is Bills. Need help. Because I suspect EM (cotton candy) is the flavor that I detect and do not like in my Mango Custard I want to use TFA sweetener instead.
This is the recipe:

Banana Nut Bread

Banana nut bread 7%
caramel candy 2%
cinn sugar cookie 2%
vanilla bean ice cream 2%
cotton candy (diluted in pg at 10%) 1% or sweeten to taste

Any idea's from you pros on how to change that cotton candy to sweetener is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: baseballmom

Igor Novak

Account closed on request
Apr 20, 2015
They are different flavors. Plain Cotton Candy is diluted EM crystals, Cotton Candy Circus is a flavor.
Thanks,so it seems i have no use for it.
U, you guys have to see how much we are limit here in Croatia. I can find only 1/3 of TFA flavors, i think not even that. Capella only 1/10. If i order from TFA directly, how knows will it pass customs.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Please can you tell me what is consensus on cotton candy. Is Cotton candy same as cotton candy circus?
I have cotton c. circus but i see a lot of recipes just saying cotton candy. Can i use it same way?
Not the same flavoring, and you will get ok results, but not the same, as intended results. I would order the regular cotton candy. Good luck! :toast:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Not the same flavoring, and you will get ok results, but not the same, as intended results. I would order the regular cotton candy. Good luck! :toast:

I'm gonna go ahead and reiterate this note about "flavorings".

I see a lot of questions from people asking if they can use "this" instead of "that" in many of the posted, tried recipes....

Bill answered this perfectly "You will get OK results, but not the same, as intended results".

This is because "flavorings" are building blocks, they are not complete "tastes", or what we perceive as a taste when we eat foods.

Extracts are much closer to what we taste when we eat those foods associated with those extracts, but they (extracts) are much more expensive, and a whole lot harder to blend into complex "food recipes".

Extracts also tend to have particulate in them from what they were extracted from, even though filtered and microscopic, if successfully blended and vaped they would gunk up really bad; similar to NET' (naturally extracted tobacco flavors).

Here's some spice examples:

Garlic & Salt mixed in certain proportions gives us a garlic salt concoction, pretty good but not my favorite just as Garlic Salt...

Lawry's Garlic Sal; it contains course ground salt, granulated garlic, modified food starch (adds body, prevents caking), sugar, parsley, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (increases flavor stability, adds body), carrot oil (adds color and taste), garlic oil.

Now then the second seasoning I will put on virtually everything! (I love garlic)...:thumb: No vampires here...LOL

But it's not "just" Garlic Salt..now is it!

So do you see where I'm going here...

One is plain old Garlic Salt, the other although marketed as a Garlic Salt is really a spice blend, whole different end tasting result just by adding some stuff, be it salt and garlic are still the primary components.

Remember all of the TFA flavors are building blocks that make the "pie" taste like the desired end result...unless you have a culinary education, specializing in confections, it is very difficult to fathom A+B=F! ( I know I'm not too great at it ) :facepalm:

My big brother is a master chef, he went to CIA and I am always amazed at what he can throw together; it's because he has learned that A+D=G so to speak, by adding this and that ingredient, spice, whipped with this kind of fat or starch gives you "this" kind of sauce so to speak....

Now if we could get a master confection chef in here that vapes...OH MY!
:toast: :vapor:

Last edited:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
So, basically, flavor is building blocks...
Should we all go back to our TFA Lego sets now ? ;)

(Just Kidding)

Ha..funny..."Oh look a flat tire"...(as techy hides the nail gun)...:evil:

Here's a fun one:

Make me some coffee and cream vape....

Sounds simple right?

Well it can be depending if you want it to taste like sour milk with coffee, or like a cup of coffee with cream and sugar....

Believe it or not, coffee flavors with Bavarian cream, and a touch of whipped cream and some sweet flavor...other creams work well too (not sweet cream).

Sweet cream, although a cream, in large amounts will give anything a sour milk taste!

It can be a lot of fun, thus the 100dt :thumb: = minimal waste! :thumbs:

Last edited:

trophyfish711

Sep 28, 2013
Dallas,TX,USA
Hey guys and girls :) hope everyone is doing well.. I am still trying to get use to the new layout .. I have not posted much because I have been very busy fishing :) Someone asked about Bill's Mango Custard and letting it sit a while.. I can tell you that it doesn't need to .. I vaped it 2 days later and fell in love with it .. I also love his Twinkie .. I made the 30% mix and haven't tried the 20% .. its light and fluffy if that makes any sense.. I am working on a vanilla orange bourbon cupcake at the moment :) I am also going to try a cucumber mint .. has anyone ever used the cucumber ? I dont know if I want to make it a candy? a creamy deal? or use a little champagne for that refreshing taste .. decisions ,decisions :) Hope everyone is well and good !!!

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Hey'as Trophy...

Please do post your recipes here (if you like to share) as I'm compiling them as they are posted...

ECF is no longer allowing ZIP files, and while they may again, I'm not holding my breath...

That said I will be setting up a DROP BOX and will post the recipes there so anyone can get them.

If anyone wants the ZIP file just PM me and I can email it to you. :thumb:

I see you live in Dallas....I wonder how a Pappadeux' Lobster Bisque vape would taste....LOL! :w00t:

Whenever I'm in Texas or Atlanta (only only place in Georgia they have them) I always go to Pappadeaux!

No Pappas BBQ or Pappacitas in Atlanta...:nah:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Okay...

Here is a DropBox link for the ECF thread TFA recipes that have posted here, suggested percentages of flavorings to use, suggested new mixers starter flavors.

As always if for some reason something doesn't work (the Internet NEVER breaks) just PM me, email still works! :thumbs:

I'll include some calculators and fun stuff also here in the near future.

Enjoy!

:toast: :vapor: :thumb:

Last edited:

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Morning Chanel, that is a good recipe, I liked it....what I would do is try sweetener in place of cc/em at the 1%, see if you like, adjust % as needed per your tastes, maybe small trial batch initially to test out, good luck:)
Thank you so much BBmom

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Morning Chanel, that is a good recipe, I liked it....what I would do is try sweetener in place of cc/em at the 1%, see if you like, adjust % as needed per your tastes, maybe small trial batch initially to test out, good luck:)
Hmm confused again because that Banana Nut Bread has only 14% flavorings. Am I missing something with this one? BBmom you have made it like I listed it?

Reactions: clnire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread