Anyone concerned about the residual film on say a window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At work, I sit with a window right behind my computer, and vape all night at my desk. Every couple months, it gets built up enough to notice, and a quick wipe with windex clears it up.

I had a guy fill in for me for two days, who was vaping a dripper. In two days the windows were coated more than I create in weeks. I asked him how much he vaped while there, and he told me only 10ml (5/day), which is less than me, and the same vg/pg as me. In other words, I think it also has to do with the juice, some will film up quicker than others.

Jorge22

ECF Veteran
This is an interesting thread as I've thought about precisely this every now and then. We all hope there's nothing being dumped into our lungs in much the same way it happened with tar, or that cilia actually get rid of anything that shouldn't really be there etc.

I'm not very concerned or I wouldn't be vaping right now, still I'd really like to see a scientist (like Dr. Farsalinos or someone else who is able), armed with scientific knowledge, speak about it.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Nope. Same reason I don't worry about where the pepsi I drink is going after looking at it spill and stain the carpet.
This is how I think of this, your body is pretty amazing.
If you spilled food or drink while consuming it and noticed it crusted up on your lap, you wouldn't think of it doing that in your gut...
I think this is the principle that applies to vaping and your lungs.

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
I'm not very concerned or I wouldn't be vaping right now, still I'd really like to see a scientist (like Dr. Farsalinos or someone else who is able), armed with scientific knowledge, speak about it.

I'm not "concerned" - I would just like to have a greater understanding of PG and VG in all regards.
Dr. Farsalinos contributed to this paper: Romagna et al (2012)
On page 7 and 8: From my understanding it is the VG that is leaving a film and not the PG, since they couldn't detect PG.

Anyways, would love to hear a chemist or doctor's interpretation.
Cheers

uab9253

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2014
Salisbury MD
It's a normal concern to see a film of something on glass from your exhale, the layman's limited knowledge of lung function notwithstanding. It's been colder this winter in MD than it has ever been and I haven't noticed any film on my car glass. However, I am not in the car for more than 20 minutes at a time most days, so not sure how that would be different if I had longer commutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread