• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Looks like a used mod Bob, wooden top looks well used and the carbon looks like a cheap wrap on that photo, the gap in the centre doesn't look parralel all the way down. Hope you got a good deal on that one.

That was my fault, noticed it afterwards, I had put the back piece on upside down, it's brand new made by Madvapes in the US and the CarbonFibre is deffo not a wrap, probably just the pic quality (phone picture), the metal strip is not parallel it's meant to be shaped like )(

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
You'll have to brush up your photography skills then Bob. I bet it's it's nice light mod made from carbon.

Can't be bothered to get the camera out, just use the mobile phone, it's 168.2g without battery, but the wood top and bottom probably makes it heavier, the removable back is only 8.7g and that is with the 2 screws in it to attract to the magnets in the wood top and bottom to hold it in place.

This is the back piece:
2015-05-05 13.23.32.jpg
2015-05-05 13.23.46.jpg

Reactions: Davantrac

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Looks nice, but the Chinese mustn't have the word RED in their language.
I have been thinking about the lack of red mods, and when i used to work in the dye making industry, i remember red and magenta were the most costly dyes to make. That was for the printing industry, but i suppose it follows.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It is a nice one that Trish! If you are tempted, i would hang on for some reviews though first. :thumb:
Yes, perhaps so.
Just wondered if anyone knew more about the brand/make & type. Looks OK to me, but I know far less than many of you.

Looks nice, but the Chinese mustn't have the word RED in their language.
Well, the two I bought were both duds! (Hana mini 30 clone & Earl). Despite FastTechs excellent returns policy, I'm reluctant to buy another unless it's a proven brand ..and with an iStick, I'd certainly buy one of those in red.

I have been thinking about the lack of red mods, and when i used to work in the dye making industry, i remember red and magenta were the most costly dyes to make. That was for the printing industry, but i suppose it follows.
There are modern organic pigments, but the best and most dense reds are the cadmiums ..they are more expensive (EU tried to ban them recently as they're toxic, and lost out to protests & good documentation from the arts establishment).

I haven't explored the qualities of the organic and synthetic pigments though, and there is much advancement in the use of nanospheres in paint finishes now.

Some red pigments aren't lightfast either. There's Vermilion of course - made from cinnabar, and that has mercury compounds in it! I have a lovely small tube of genuine vermilion :) (No, wouldn't paint a mod with it!)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Just wondered if anyone knew more about the brand/make & type. Looks OK to me, but I know far less than many of you.

I agree with Terry - just a Chinese mod of unknown pedigree, but just found this on FT and it looks to make it useless:
C-TRA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED
see last line under Power on/off

Capture.PNG

For some reason it would not let me copy it, so had to snip it.
But if you have to keep powering it on every time you want to use it, that's worse than normal deep sleep.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
I agree with Terry - just a Chinese mod of unknown pedigree, but just found this on FT and it looks to make it useless:
C-TRA TECHNOLOGY COMPANY LIMITED
see last line under Power on/off

View attachment 455237
For some reason it would not let me copy it, so had to snip it.
But if you have to keep powering it on every time you want to use it, that's worse than normal deep sleep.
What a pile of crap Bob :lol:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Exactly, and I worked out why I couldn't copy the text, the page was a mobile one started with m. instead of www., blinking kids and their mobile phones :laugh:
:laugh: I see the SMY ETA keeps chaging at FT! Yesterday it was 8 days and today it has jumped back to 10 :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread