what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiBear85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2015
Chicago
Started with my first rebuildable a couple weeks ago and didn't have any problems now all of a sudden everytime I wick after a little while I'm getting burnt taste and smell I'm using a lemo ll on an istick 50 last 3 coil builds were 1.8 1.6 and 1.2 on 28g Kanthal with Organic Japanese Cotton it will start tasting burnt whether I got it at 12.5 watts or 25 watts and only the last few days I'm at my wicks end trying to figure out why any ideas?

Steven121588

Sep 11, 2014
New york
Sounds like you're getting dry hits. Some of these vacuum tank systems can be like that. Start by making sure that the cotton isn't in the way of the juice channels. Stick a small screw driving threw the chimney so you know nothing is blocking the channels. Also heavy vg liquids have a harder time wicking I noticed 70vg is really the cut off for chain vaping.

Reactions: ChiBear85

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Started with my first rebuildable a couple weeks ago and didn't have any problems now all of a sudden everytime I wick after a little while I'm getting burnt taste and smell I'm using a lemo ll on an Istick 50 last 3 coil builds were 1.8 1.6 and 1.2 on 28g Kanthal with Organic Japanese Cotton it will start tasting burnt whether I got it at 12.5 watts or 25 watts and only the last few days I'm at my wicks end trying to figure out why any ideas?

My first thought is how big is the inner diameter of the coil? As others here stated; heavier VG liquids don't wick very fast.

The absolute minimum I make my coils is 3mm, that's because I was always getting dry hits too.
Using the Japanese organic cotton is the right step. I am positive it's the size of your coil, plus how you're doing the finish shaping of the wick.
The following video is done on a Kayfun V4 but it's very similar in build style compared to the Lemo 2.
I followed this guy's instructions and I'm vaping like a champ. Wicks great! Takes a little longer but it's worth the effort.
Since I build temperature control nickel coils the wick had to be a little looser to avoid messing up the coil, but the principle is the same.

Try it and see how it works for you.

scottwess

Apr 5, 2015
Talladega, alabama
I have an uncanny knack for "tinkering" and ignoring the saying" if it works.....leave it alone"... And a prime example is coils builds. I build a good coil setup, then get bored and think.....well I think I'll change this....Maybe try a twisted coil.....then hmmmm... . Takes 50 watts to fire..Lmao! Just happened. I too have a lot to learn concerning coil builds. If I keep it simple no problem...but where's the fun in that...heh...heh. Thank goodness for the collective knowledge of this forum. There really is no substitute for experience is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread