Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Ok this is weird. I had to rebuild the coil on my kayfun lite which has been being used for my daily tobacco flavor which this week was realcigs. Seeing how I had to rebuild it and rewick it I decided to give Inawera Dark Tobacco a try. The bottle been sitting there for two days after its UC steep so why not try it. I soaked the coils, put it together and filled the RTA. Gave it a puff and the taste of spearmint hits me. Bull City describes the flavor as "Very characteristic tobacco taste, quite dense and heavy.". Nothing about being a menthol. The mixture is 10 ml with %5 flavoring. 3 drops of TA Virginia was added and 2 drops of DNB.
Has anyone else used Dark Tobacco before? Maybe the bottle was mislabeled. Either way its not that I dont like it, its it isnt a tobacco flavor and a huge letdown. And I have nothing in my work area that could of contaminated it.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Ok this is weird. I had to rebuild the coil on my Kayfun lite which has been being used for my daily tobacco flavor which this week was realcigs. Seeing how I had to rebuild it and rewick it I decided to give Inawera Dark Tobacco a try. The bottle been sitting there for two days after its UC steep so why not try it. I soaked the coils, put it together and filled the RTA. Gave it a puff and the taste of spearmint hits me. Bull City describes the flavor as "Very characteristic tobacco taste, quite dense and heavy.". Nothing about being a menthol. The mixture is 10 ml with %5 flavoring. 3 drops of TA Virginia was added and 2 drops of DNB.
Has anyone else used Dark Tobacco before? Maybe the bottle was mislabeled. Either way its not that I dont like it, its it isnt a tobacco flavor and a huge letdown. And I have nothing in my work area that could of contaminated it.

I have the same issue with Dark Tobacco. It reminds me a bit of chocolate mint. Mine was purchased last year from Inawera shop(not rebottled). I think they changed the formula, because I believe Jimi D on the Inawera thread said his was clear and didn't taste that way (His was an earlier purchase IRC). I have heard others complain about the mint flavor also.
:2c:Dirk

Reactions: chopdoc

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
............ added 2 drops of Flavour Art oak wood to the mixture. ..............;)

I'm thinking 2 bottle drops of the FA Oak Wood per 10ml is about right for me with that flavor. I like adding a few drops of VZ SC Rum Raisin in as well. I made this earlier today and can't seem to put it down.

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
VZ SC Real Cig 1%
VZ SC Rum Raisin 1%
FA Oak Wood .5%

Really a good combo.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I have the same issue with Dark Tobacco. It reminds me a bit of chocolate mint. Mine was purchased last year from Inawera shop(not rebottled). I think they changed the formula, because I believe Jimi D on the Inawera thread said his was clear and didn't taste that way (His was an earlier purchase IRC). I have heard others complain about the mint flavor also.
:2c:Dirk
If they would of put in the description that it had mint, I would of never bought it. Thanks for sharing the info about it.

Reactions: nostradadus

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I'm thinking 2 bottle drops of the FA Oak Wood per 10ml is about right for me with that flavor. I like adding a few drops of VZ SC Rum Raisin in as well. I made this earlier today and can't seem to put it down.

Ina Gold Ducat 3%
VZ SC Real Cig 1%
VZ SC Rum Raisin 1%
FA Oak Wood .5%

Really a good combo.

That does look good. Wish I had some rum raison!

Reactions: JD1

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
If they would of put in the description that it had mint, I would of never bought it. Thanks for sharing the info about it.
I agree. Not a mint fan in my vape.:nah: Never was a fan of menthol cigs either. LOL I had a friend who would buy menthols just so we wouldnt bum smokes off of her.
It's unfortunate, because the dark tobacco description was really appealing to me. Caveat Emptor
-Dirk

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I agree. Not a mint fan in my vape.:nah: Never was a fan of menthol cigs either. LOL I had a friend who would buy menthols just so we wouldnt bum smokes off of her.
It's unfortunate, because the dark tobacco description was really appealing to me. Caveat Emptor
-Dirk
When I first started smoking I would palm a pack of True menthols from my dad when he wasnt looking or buy a pack of Belair's. Newports really turned me off of menthols and since then I always preferred regular smokes. Same with my vaping, I dont want a minty or menthol vape.

Just ordered 19 tobacco flavors from ecigexpress and every time I seen minty or menthol, time to hit the back tab and keep shopping lol

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Seeing how I had to once again clean and rewick I decided to give Inawera Canadian type a try. Mixed at %5 with 3 drops of TA Garuda and 2 drops DNB. Am pleasantly suprised at the strong almost earthy flavor it has. The guradu really enhances this flavor and I think I am gonna write this one down in the journal just the way it is. The only thing that I think might compliment this is a hint of cloves.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Seeing how I had to once again clean and rewick I decided to give Inawera Canadian type a try. Mixed at %5 with 3 drops of TA Garuda and 2 drops DNB. Am pleasantly suprised at the strong almost earthy flavor it has. The guradu really enhances this flavor and I think I am gonna write this one down in the journal just the way it is. The only thing that I think might compliment this is a hint of cloves.

Now clove cigs were always a treat!!
Inw. Garuda TA + Inw. Gozdziki (clove) is a great combo. There is a kretek recipe floating around somewhere for it. I think it was 10 drops TA and 6 drops clove

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Maybe you could give us a primer on what TA works well with different tobaccos. I only have Inawera TA but I would think the flavor profiles of different makers would be some what similar.
-Dirk

I can give you a run down on what I use.

Virginia TA is an ashier TA so it works well with your american type Drier non sweet tobaccos

Samara TA is a sweeter more pipe type TA so works well with the nutty, sweeter or more exotic tobaccos.

Mothers milk TA is an in between ta not to ashy and not to sweet so its a good all round TA.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Ok this is weird. I had to rebuild the coil on my Kayfun lite which has been being used for my daily tobacco flavor which this week was realcigs. Seeing how I had to rebuild it and rewick it I decided to give Inawera Dark Tobacco a try. The bottle been sitting there for two days after its UC steep so why not try it. I soaked the coils, put it together and filled the RTA. Gave it a puff and the taste of spearmint hits me. Bull City describes the flavor as "Very characteristic tobacco taste, quite dense and heavy.". Nothing about being a menthol. The mixture is 10 ml with %5 flavoring. 3 drops of TA Virginia was added and 2 drops of DNB.

Not a big fan of mint in my tobacco's so I don't think dark tobacco would be my cup of tea. I vape spearmint with some milk chocolate added when I want a change of pace from tobacco. The problem is I can't use my kayfun mini for anything but that flavor because anything else will have that mint taste. Spearmint is one potent flavor

Last edited:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I mixed up a batch of Inawera Canadian Type at 5% the other day. Its super sweet and has a hint of maple to it. I'll see after steeping for a week or so but it looks to be a coil gunker that i'm going to have to cut it again to make it vapable for me.
I have it with Garuda TA and DNB and I get a body to the vape but not sweetness and definitely not maple in my opinion. Just finished UC steeping 30ml of it mixed up and its gonna be my ADV tobacco vape for a while.

Reactions: Kenna

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Not a big fan of mint in my tobacco's so I don't think dark tobacco would be my cup of tea. I vape spearmint with some milk chocolate added when I want a change of pace from tobacco. The problem is I can't use my kayfun mini for anything but that flavor because anything else will have that mint taste. Spearmint is one potent flavor
DARK TOBACCO HAS NO MINT ON IT! Lol, I have bought it from Inawera and from Bull City, it is a great extract of tobacco leaves, very pure and ultra-concentrated. I am not a menthol vaper, I was never a menthol smoker, if dark tobacco had any menthol or traces of it or mint i would have noticed. The person who got Dark Tobacco with menthol must have received a contaminated bottle...wow! Dark Tobacco is one of the best INAWERA flavors, mainly for making tobacco bases, although it is good as standalone too.

Reactions: BTHUNDER

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I take a taste test of a fresh mix without the nic and both my wife and I agree the Canadian part is a bit of maple or were talking about 2 different concentrates. I got the Canadian Type Tobacco from EcigExpress.
I don't nic up a new flavor until it steeps then passes the back of the hand taste test then I'll nic 10mls and see if it changes. Nic is expensive up here in Canada so I don't waste a single drop especially if its a crappy flavor.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
DARK TOBACCO HAS NO MINT ON IT! Lol, I have bought it from Inawera and from Bull City, it is a great extract of tobacco leaves, very pure and ultra-concentrated. I am not a menthol vaper, I was never a menthol smoker, if dark tobacco had any menthol or traces of it or mint i would have noticed. The person who got Dark Tobacco with menthol must have received a contaminated bottle...wow! Dark Tobacco is one of the best INAWERA flavors, mainly for making tobacco bases, although it is good as standalone too.
Then there are a few people who have recieved contaminated batches made at different times. I'm not doubting you, but mine has a mint taste to it as do others. I'm going to recheck just to make sure I've not lost my mind.
-Dirk

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Then there are a few people who have recieved contaminated batches made at different times. I'm not doubting you, but mine has a mint taste to it as do others. I'm going to recheck just to make sure I've not lost my mind.
-Dirk
I don't doubt you either but maybe some have received contaminated batches. Was yours in original Inawera's botle and package, as sold by Inawera and Bull City Vapor? Someone said theirs was from BCV, then I wonder if INAWERA changed the formula very recently but it would be absurd, probably is a contaminated batch from the factory.

If I ever bought a Dark Tobacco with mint on it, that would be my last one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread