It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Look you don't have a RIGHT to smoke or vape anywhere freely but in the privacy of your home or car. NO BODY want's to be subjected to breathing any smoke or vapor that you cloud or exhale. I vape, and I ABSOLUTELY HATE going into many of the local vape shop because walking in the door is like walking into a war zone. It's a thick haze, and I don't want to breathe that crap.

Get the hell over yourself and quit being a {moderated}.

This IS EXACTLY what is going to ruin it for the rest of us. We already have HUGE MONEY fighting against us and a perception that is not favorable. Congress is literally steps away from giving us the finger. For God's sake people GROW UP.

People do not appreciate being subjected to the smoke or vapor, and forcing them to is not going to win anyone over.

Being polite is. Respecting EVERYONE else is. Not being a {moderated} is.

Jesus, what in the hell came over Americans where there are so many who are so disrespectful and have this entitlement mentality?

Read the Constitution. Read the bill of rights. That's it, see anything in there about being able to cloud up an aisle in the grocery store where I have to come purchase my food. Didn't think so.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
And the people that understand the difference between respectful vaping or not.... reside here. Think about it, the ones with those big clouds are ones that aren't aware of what is going on around them.

More than likely, they do not know what we all are fighting.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
In a nutshell:
Part of big tobaccos lawsuit settlements were profit percentage payments to state governments.

The greedy states spent the money based on projected payments.

With vaping becoming popular, big T isn't making such huge payments.
States can't afford that.
Hence vaping band and crazy restrictions.

Don't be fooled into wasting your energy thinking your cloud size matters one bit.

Look to your states politicians.
Their greed is causing the problem.

Vote these criminals out of office.
They don't have your states best interest at heart.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Read the Constitution. Read the bill of rights. That's it, see anything in there about being able to cloud up an aisle in the grocery store where I have to come purchase my food. Didn't think so.
Sorry, it is a wrong reasoning. We should remember that everything which is not forbidden is allowed. Do you see prohibition of vaping in the Constitution?
From other side not everything which is not forbidden is decent. We'd better remember that.

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I think its just common courtesy to mind your vapor. When in public i put distant from others when i vape just out of respect not cloud up there personal bubble. Im not a stealth vapor alot of ppl need to be educated what it is your doing. The common person only knows of cigalikes from commercials and have no idea what that thing is your holding and making clouds with. But vaping in stores thats just pushing the envelope and isnt attention that vape community needs.

dmwalker24

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Little Elm, TX
For me this is not a legal issue. The legal issue surrounding vaping clearly exists and is important, but there is a separate issue. An issue of good citizenship and manners versus the entitled {self moderated} who can't seem to grasp that other people with thoughts and feelings and rights exist independent of their own personal whims. And as shocking as it may seem... Those individual's desire to not have clouds blown in their face are valid and should be respected even if they are wrong about vaping, and think the moon landing was faked, and are wearing a tin foil had and spreading anti-vaccine propaganda.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Yes, there are no laws against chucking clouds in public. I don't do it, partly because I don't like to draw attention to myself, and partly because I know the general public is ignorant about vaping. All they know is what the talking heads on television tell them about vaping, and it's mostly bad.

When time comes to ban vaping in your area, and it's brought up before the city council, I don't want Gertrude Tightass to be thinking about the thirty angry letters she got about the cloud-chuckers at the Piggly Wiggly right before she casts her vote. I would rather it be the polite vaper, that's done his/her best to educate his legislators, friends, relatives, and co-workers about the truth.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
For me this is not a legal issue. The legal issue surrounding vaping clearly exists and is important, but there is a separate issue. An issue of good citizenship and manners versus the entitled {self moderated} who can't seem to grasp that other people with thoughts and feelings and rights exist independent of their own personal whims. And as shocking as it may seem... Those individual's desire to not have clouds blown in their face are valid and should be respected even if they are wrong about vaping, and think the moon landing was faked, and are wearing a tin foil had and spreading anti-vaccine propaganda.

I just have to UNDERLINE this once again; that vaping in public IS NOT the same as "blowing huge clouds in peoples' faces." It's really not an either/or situation -- either you're hiding away or you're blowing clouds in peoples' faces -- THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND, which many of you either do not or will not see.

Andria

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Look you don't have a RIGHT to [...] vape anywhere freely[...]

Of course I have. To the limit where it can successfully construed in court as assault/battery that is.

And don't try to conflate smoking with it as smoking is subject to a different set of laws.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
My earlier post was in reply to someone who said that the right to vape is not included in the Constitution. Of course it isn't - like your right to eat is not either. That said, I was not trying to be legalistic. I agree with Andria - there is a middle way and common courtesy is decent. I often go to have my hair done at a hairdresser who works from home. A group of us meet on the same day and it's like a ladies club. She offers us coffee and we go out to her little garden to have a smoke, when I still smoked that is. Since I switched to vaping I still do it in her little garden. Didn't even cross my mind to do it indoors or even to ask her if I could. It's common courtesy that's all.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
i am a vaper.
i am not a smoker.
i am not going to be pidgion holed into
being thrown in with the smokers.
i am not going to be kicked to the curb.
i am to going to vape wherever i choose.
why?,because as an adult i will not let
hypothetical scenario's stop me.
i do not care what others think. as an
adult i am secure in the knowledge that
second hand vapor is harmless.your right
not to be annoyed does not trump my
right to conduct lawful activity.you
are not required by law to like.if some
one blows.vaper in your face,tell them to
knock it off or,or get the manager.
all this vaping ban garbage belittles the
fact that society can,does,and will work
this out without government interference.
its working qute well here.
regards
Mike

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Yes, there are no laws against chucking clouds in public. I don't do it, partly because I don't like to draw attention to myself, and partly because I know the general public is ignorant about vaping. All they know is what the talking heads on television tell them about vaping, and it's mostly bad.

When time comes to ban vaping in your area, and it's brought up before the city council, I don't want Gertrude Tightass to be thinking about the thirty angry letters she got about the cloud-chuckers at the Piggly Wiggly right before she casts her vote. I would rather it be the polite vaper, that's done his/her best to educate his legislators, friends, relatives, and co-workers about the truth.
Gertrude Tightass! I'm in tears LMAO!!!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
My earlier post was in reply to someone who said that the right to vape is not included in the Constitution. Of course it isn't - like your right to eat is not either. That said, I was not trying to be legalistic. I agree with Andria - there is a middle way and common courtesy is decent. I often go to have my hair done at a hairdresser who works from home. A group of us meet on the same day and it's like a ladies club. She offers us coffee and we go out to her little garden to have a smoke, when I still smoked that is. Since I switched to vaping I still do it in her little garden. Didn't even cross my mind to do it indoors or even to ask her if I could. It's common courtesy that's all.
Same here. Someone has to say it is ok for me to vape in their home unless they vape or smoke in there. And I do not ask unless it is obvious that they do it in their home.

And we do not know for sure that first hand vapor is harmless, let alone second hand vapor.
I suspect that it is but it is not knowledge since virtually no data exists on the subject.

I am fairly certain that vaping is FAR less harmful than tobacco smoking but to say it is totally harmless is unfounded in fact.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
A growing number of people are chucking clouds where they want, when they want and I can't be bothered anymore about it so yeah go for it cloud up everywhere you go as some say it isn't written anywhere you can't so make hay while the sun shines. Also I recently took delivery of 15 litres of nic base so no longer care what legislation comes in as I'm sorted so much easier to buy into the selfish I'm all right jack attitude a lot of vapers have and it's so damn easy. As of last week when I had my personal epithiny I now only care about me and mine and what others choose to do and how they act in public no longer bothers me or concerns me they can get on with it ;). Personally my mod goes everywhere I do and there are a couple of places I stealth vape but mostly vape outside in a way that only cause's curiousity to do otherwise is ignorant, rude and selfish but their numbers seem to be on the increase so why keep fighting.

We should all enjoy our vape and take it a day at a time life's so much easier that way :).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
what others choose to do and how they act in public no longer bothers me or concerns me they can get on with it ;). Personally my mod goes everywhere I do and there are a couple of places I stealth vape but mostly vape outside

This is my attitude exactly. What others do, I don't care; what others think, I also don't care. If I vape indoors, it's either in my own home, or the homes of my family members, or I've asked the HMFIC if they care and gotten the green-light; otherwise I vape outdoors, and no, I do not and will not join the smokers, because it stinks where they are; I really really doubt 2nd-hand smoke will do me any injury that I have not already inflicted on myself with 39 yrs of smoking, but I've finally gotten that stench out of my clothes and hair and I don't want it back!

I've also stealth-vaped in a few situations where it seemed warranted, but since no one knew, no one had a problem -- and that's including the emergency room when they left me in there for 9 hrs behind a closed door. Mostly if I'm shopping, I don't vape in any fashion, and I really don't even think about it, mainly because a) I use vaping to refrain from smoking, and b) I was well-accustomed to not smoking in stores, so really the thought barely crosses my mind. But if I happen to need the ladies' room while shopping, then I probably will have a puff or two while I attend to my business; holding the vapor in is not as satisfying, but it gets the job done, and bothers nobody.

There IS a middle ground between sneaking like a felon and offending everyone in sight.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I just have to UNDERLINE this once again; that vaping in public IS NOT the same as "blowing huge clouds in peoples' faces." It's really not an either/or situation -- either you're hiding away or you're blowing clouds in peoples' faces -- THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND, which many of you either do not or will not see.

Andria

Ain't that the truth. Listening to some music isn't the same as playing Black Sabbath at the top of the dial at 3.00 in the morning.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
We should all enjoy our vape and take it a day at a time life's so much easier that way :).

Right on. Worrying about what other people do is just going to give you a headache. It sure isn't going to bother them any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread