Seeking suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snugglepooter

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Upstate NY
Hi all!

I'm looking into the DIY thing for all the usual reasons (CHEAP!).

I am requesting suggestions for a starter kit as follows (vendor and products, please):

60PG/40VG 12mg base - seperate components ok, premixed would be better
Basic soda flavors - cola and lemon-lime - just to get my feet wet

What could I get for $30.00?

Thanks in advance and please speak slowly because I do NOT know the secret language of this particular sub-forum...

*mods please move to DIY, thanks.

Edward Aiz

Apr 14, 2015
Tulsa, Oklahoma
RTS Vapes (online) is a great place to start. Outside of several flavors from well known vendors you should purchase gloves, beakers, funnels, syringes/blunt tips, vg/pg or pg/vg/nicotine blend. There is an apps on Google Play: Vapor's Toolbox, eliquid Recipe Manager Lite, E Liquid Calculator and/or Cloud Box which will help you with any measurements.

Let us know how it goes.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Will you be shooting for an end result of 12mg? If so, you need a higher nic base. The flavorings will not have nic in them so your finished liquid would not be 12mg.

I personally do not use beakers to mix. I mix right into the bottle using exact measurements from Luer Lock syringes with blunt tips. Regardless of which method, you will need bottles. You can use painters tape and a marker to label them to start out with. I suggest getting a couple of different sizes or Luer Lock blunt tips. The higher gauge is great for flavorings and lower for PG/VG or nic. It is a pain to try to pull VG or larger volume base through a small needle. Either purchase enough tips and syringes to allow one for each (flavoring, PG, VG, nic) or be sure to clean and dry the syringe between flavors. This is so you can keep from accidentally getting flavors cross mixed in the flavoring bottles. You can keep your individual syringes paired with its flavoring with a rubber band.

RTS Vapes or My Freedom Smokes (MFS) are great places to get almost everything you need for starting out.

Reactions: man00ver

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Thanks all!

I will head to RTS and grab an app if I decide to go this route. I'm still in the fact-finding stage at this point.

Nice to see you again, penguiness! So what are you feeling curious about (mood)...?

Curious about all sorts of things, "what" depends on the moment :)

TraceyS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Blacksburg, Virginia
I bought premixed unflavored eliquid 70/30, 12mg from Bulk Ejuice LLC..... (cheap!!!!!!!!!) and a few flavors from MFS to add in if needed/wanted. I'm telling you I am pretty sure all I will ever vape from here on out is unflavored eliquid. I put one drop of kentucky bourbon, maple syrup, and brown sugar in it. It is GOOD and so cheap. :) I'm glad I tried unflavored eliquid and wish I had a lot sooner!

Tracey

Reactions: man00ver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread