• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
No idea Trish, Just another generic one as far as i can see!
Was going to say 'nothing special' ..even less so as I read on!

I agree with Terry - just a Chinese mod of unknown pedigree, but just found this on FT and it looks to make it useless:
see last line under Power on/off
But if you have to keep powering it on every time you want to use it, that's worse than normal deep sleep.
That page took ages to load!
But, that's a bad feature! Would drive me nuts!

What a pile of crap Bob :lol:
Yes! ;)

Exactly, and I worked out why I couldn't copy the text, the page was a mobile one started with m. instead of www., blinking kids and their mobile phones :laugh:
Dratted silly websites! I could never view websites on a tiny screen!

Doubt if it will ship until the end of the month, no good keep worrying about it.
Be like the green one ...just wait until something happens :laugh:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Was going to say 'nothing special' ..even less so as I read on!
But, that's a bad feature! Would drive me nuts!

Yes, thats why it`s always worth waiting for reviews Trish, can never be to careful - as Bob pointed out. :D My Hana drives me bloody nuts as well, it is a good mod don`t get me wrong, but it just goes to sleep to fast.:laugh:

Reactions: Bobw1951

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Not worried Bob, just impatient, However i have stopped itching now. :lol:

Got a iStick 50 and a 30w in my cart on FT.Keep looking at them everyday,shall I,shan't I.Do I really need them Mmm

Then I end up spending £50 on juice that I don't need.Although I got a shoebox full of juice and another half full of Pg Vg and concentrate's
Must have juicyitus more than shinyituis :shock:

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Got a iStick 50 and a 30w in my cart on FT.Keep looking at them everyday,shall I,shan't I.Do I really need them Mmm

Then I end up spending £50 on juice that I don't need.Although I got a shoebox full of juice and another half full of Pg Vg and concentrate's
That`s what happens Marcus - The shinytitus comes first, Then you have to keep searching for the good juices :)

Reactions: Marcus1970

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Not worried Bob, just impatient, However i have stopped itching now. :lol:
Keep using the powder Terry! :laugh:

Yes, thats why it`s always worth waiting for reviews Trish, can never be to careful - as Bob pointed out. :D My Hana drives me bloody nuts as well, it is a good mod don`t get me wrong, but it just goes to sleep to fast.:laugh:
I agree, that's not practical - I'd rather be in control of when it switches off!

I put things in my wishlist ..then I really need to think about it rather than pressing the buy button :facepalm:

That`s what happens Marcus - The shinytitus comes first, Then you have to keep searching for the good juices :)
Apart from odd ones, there's not many come close to how much of the Chefs I use on a daily basis.

NT have just released a new 'temporary' one: Passion Fruit Cake ..a sort of cheesecake one :) it's 40/60VG - I have some TPA passion fruit concentrate to make with VG, and cheesecake in 100% VG, so it'll be easy to make that one 70%VG+

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Keep using the powder Terry! :laugh:

Seems to be doing it`s job Trisha :laugh:

Apart from odd ones, there's not many come close to how much of the Chefs I use on a daily basis.

No, not many at all! Realistically thinking, apart from one or two i use for custard vapes, Chefs are my go to for everything.:)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Seems to be doing it`s job Trisha :laugh:
:lol:

No, not many at all! Realistically thinking, apart from one or two i use for custard vapes, Chefs are my go to for everything.:)
They're hard to beat!
Even with all the rise in availability of US brands here, there's still few that come close. Dragonscape is definitely one, and I tend to alternate between that and Chefs Doughnut ....as I am right now.
The others I use a lot are LCCC and MCV!
Going to use some PMP with Welsh Custard tomorrow :)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
My Hana drives me bloody nuts as well, it is a good mod don`t get me wrong, but it just goes to sleep to fast.:laugh:

I've got a grey supposed to be Hana DNA40 clone from FT that does exactly the same, but at least with the deep sleep you only press it once and then wait for the screen to come up before firing, similar to my first flask.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Trisha, have you tried any of the Moose Juice ones on Chefs (20/80) there is a video review of them here, and well worth watching especially the first bit which is the Neapolitan Ice Cream, they reckon they can taste each flavour one at a time :laugh:
They waffle too much ..I get bored, but I skipped along a bit until I got to what they were saying about each one.

Well, I don't know what they have in those bottles, but especially with the Neapolitan, they were either 'on something' or had specially doctored bottles! :laugh:
I have 5 of them:
the Salted Vanilla is very good, and the Golden Goose is good too.
The Pecan, I need to try again, Same with the Roulade - can't have been riveting for flavour or I'd remember.
I definitely found the Neapolitan very mildly flavoured too.

I'll have to re-try these, but for me, this review is a bit OTT!
Compared to the layered flavours I get in something like MCV, SV, LCCC, etc. plus others such as Dragonscape and a few NT's, the layering is not nearly as apparent in the Moose ones.
I look at it this way - I may not use sophisticated equipment, but if I can taste the varied flavours fully in the above mentioned ones yet not in these (or not at all in some cases), then I'm not being unfair.
Some of them are quite good, but I wouldn't go overboard for them because the flavouring isn't strong enough for me.

I couldn't get the Almond Bar because Karl found that the stock they had was not VG but standard mix.
I didn't get the Banana or Berry ones.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
They waffle too much ..I get bored, but I skipped along a bit until I got to what they were saying about each one.

Well, I don't know what they have in those bottles, but especially with the Neapolitan, they were either 'on something' or had specially doctored bottles! :laugh:
I have 5 of them:
the Salted Vanilla is very good, and the Golden Goose is good too.
The Pecan, I need to try again, Same with the Roulade - can't have been riveting for flavour or I'd remember.
I definitely found the Neapolitan very mildly flavoured too.

I'll have to re-try these, but for me, this review is a bit OTT!
Compared to the layered flavours I get in something like MCV, SV, LCCC, etc. plus others such as Dragonscape and a few NT's, the layering is not nearly as apparent in the Moose ones.
I look at it this way - I may not use sophisticated equipment, but if I can taste the varied flavours fully in the above mentioned ones yet not in these (or not at all in some cases), then I'm not being unfair.
Some of them are quite good, but I wouldn't go overboard for them because the flavouring isn't strong enough for me.

I couldn't get the Almond Bar because Karl found that the stock they had was not VG but standard mix.
I didn't get the Banana or Berry ones.

Could be the equipment difference - they were using RDAs on mech mods, so probably getting a much bigger hit than you were getting, I just tried the Creamy Hazelnut Roulade and it was really nice in my Doge RDA at about 70w - definitely going to try it in a Subtank to see the difference.
Do Chefs make them up themselves from a concentrate, maybe that makes a difference, because they had the ones direct from the States.

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
I'm using a moose juice now it's the blueberry yoghurt flavour. I've dropped my nic level from about 12 down to 6mg in this one and I'm struggling. In the subtank with factory coil I like the taste but get a tickley throat cough. The first tank full works ok no leaks but if I just refill it, then it starts to leak. New seals on order.
In the lemo with a 2ohm build the taste is not quite as good, but still get the cough.
And in the old kayfun 3.1, I've done 2 bad wick jobs. 1 over wicked so not getting the juice and 1 under wicked so still not getting a good flow. Taste was reduced again lightly, but that could be down to wicking but no coughing.
I continue to fiddle.....

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

I've found with most reviews,mainly hardware,i only watch the first half.After that they just go into repeat mode and waffle.
It's like most sport on the tv,sure we don't need the hour of chat,after the event.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I'm using a moose juice now it's the blueberry yoghurt flavour. I've dropped my nic level from about 12 down to 6mg in this one and I'm struggling. In the subtank with factory coil I like the taste but get a tickley throat cough. The first tank full works ok no leaks but if I just refill it, then it starts to leak. New seals on order.
In the lemo with a 2ohm build the taste is not quite as good, but still get the cough.
And in the old kayfun 3.1, I've done 2 bad wick jobs. 1 over wicked so not getting the juice and 1 under wicked so still not getting a good flow. Taste was reduced again lightly, but that could be down to wicking but no coughing.
I continue to fiddle.....

Just put my 3mg 20/80vg Creamy Hazelnut Roulade in my spare Subtank with the stock 0.5 OCC @ 25w and I'm getting a really nice creamy nutty flavour, no throat problems apart from the usual congestion with high VG juices, I was going to order some more last night but it appears that the coupon code was a single use one only, so either I use one of the regular codes or wait until the end of the month, they'd run out of a couple that I wanted anyway, will wait and see when they get them back in, email requested.

@Bobw1951

Did you get your GB refund Bob?
Mine was done sometime during the night.
They've sorted it pretty quickly really,fairplay.

Just checked mine and refunded as well :thumbs:

we don't need the hour of chat,after the event.

Football & Cricket are the worst for that - another good reason not to watch them

Reactions: Brynglas

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member