SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
On a side note, is the sx mini passthrough to vape and charge at the same time? Anyone know if the ipv mini 2 is, also?

The SX Mini's USB is a pass-through, but YiHi recommends swapping batteries. This is likely to reduce wear and tear on the USB port, which is only warrantied for 3 months I believe, while the rest of the system is a 1 year warranty.

Reactions: Vlad1

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
On a side note, is the sx mini passthrough to vape and charge at the same time? Anyone know if the IPV mini 2 is, also?

Not really pass-through like an old Ego battery. It'll temporarily suspend charging while you fire, then resume charging. Doesn't work with a flat battery, obviously. Just the way things have to be, a 0.5A charger simply can't supply the power a low resistance atomizer needs to fire.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Not really pass-through like an old Ego battery. It'll temporarily suspend charging while you fire, then resume charging. Doesn't work with a flat battery, obviously. Just the way things have to be, a 0.5A charger simply can't supply the power a low resistance atomizer needs to fire.
With that being said it's still safe to vape, while plugged in, with a half full battery ?

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Here's a link to the disassembled SX Mini m Class from aussievapers.com. It's a little different to the s Class.

SXmini-M-Class with Temp Control - Page 69
Yup I destroyed my S class 2 days after getting it as my screen was out by .1mm :)

YiHi use hard black potting the only way is to use heat or cut it. A word from the wise don't bother! If a US retailer will replace it as this is a fault all I can say is wow! Here the UK they would shoot you in the face and spend months in court;)

Funny had a few DNA mods with crooked screens all cost more than a S class.

Vape on!

2fd66611a28ff49e5f8db007b85d14ff.jpg

Reactions: dannyben

IWobbleWobble

Jan 19, 2015
Alright, so I feel like I have an extremely newbie question for a thread on advanced gear. But I don't have tons of experience dripping.

I have a good build on a freakshow mini. .063 2.4mm ID. Twisted 28, 6 wraps I believe.Getting a delicious vape on her at 400F and 35 J.

My only concern is that the atomizer and the mod are getting warm. Not super hot or anything, but definitely warm to mildly hot. Is this just a heat transfer? I checked and don't think the coil is touching anything in the atomizer improperly. I checked the battery and it is normal temperature.

Should I be concerned with this build?

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Alright, so I feel like I have an extremely newbie question for a thread on advanced gear. But I don't have tons of experience dripping.

I have a good build on a freakshow mini. .063 2.4mm ID. Twisted 28, 6 wraps I believe.Getting a delicious vape on her at 400F and 35 J.

My only concern is that the atomizer and the mod are getting warm. Not super hot or anything, but definitely warm to mildly hot. Is this just a heat transfer? I checked and don't think the coil is touching anything in the atomizer improperly. I checked the battery and it is normal temperature.

sounds normal.

Reactions: IWobbleWobble

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth

From Yihi FAQ
Q: When i use the M Class, the device is getting hot, is it normal ?
A: This is normal, no worry. Because when the chip is working, it will getting hot and the atomizer also will conduct heat through the 510 to the body of device. When you feel the device is getting hot, we suggest you stop vaping for a while untill it cool down.

Reactions: IWobbleWobble

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Wasn't able to disassemble the mini tonight cuz I had plans I forgot about, but I'll try tomorrow.

On a side note, I showed 3 of my friends the new device and told then the screen was crooked and not 1 of them could tell lol, made me feel better. I was inspecting it earlier and it's not that bad at all, but the pictures make it look worse since the pictures are up close, but I'm still gonna do it tomorrow.

Kor, I haven't even used the mini in wattage mode yet but I'll check it out tomorrow. Where are you seeing the battery voltage? You're not referring to the voltage adjustment when you adjust the wattage are you?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Anyone have an opinion on 26g vs 28g? I have a spool of 28 now and I'm thinking of trying out some 26
Well I will give you my opinion. I haven't tried the 26 yet but if you use 28 which I'm sure you are I get the best results with it at 7 wraps 3mm ID spaced. Comes out about .088. I tried it at 5 wraps which put me nearly right on the .065 recommendation and the flavor was lacking so I took it off and went back to the 7. I think with the 26 you can get pretty close to .065 and get enough of the coil covered to get good flavor but Vlad says .09 is really good with that too. Just my opinion. If .065 tastes good to you cool if it's weak try .09. I for one am not that worried about hitting the .065 I am a flavor chaser not to be confused with cloud chaser. I want what tastes the best. I have a spool of 26 coming too.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

It has a safety feature and if it gets too warm it will prevent you from vaping for a while and shows a meter till how long it is till you can vape again.

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Wasn't able to disassemble the mini tonight cuz I had plans I forgot about, but I'll try tomorrow.

On a side note, I showed 3 of my friends the new device and told then the screen was crooked and not 1 of them could tell lol, made me feel better. I was inspecting it earlier and it's not that bad at all, but the pictures make it look worse since the pictures are up close, but I'm still gonna do it tomorrow.

Kor, I haven't even used the mini in wattage mode yet but I'll check it out tomorrow. Where are you seeing the battery voltage? You're not referring to the voltage adjustment when you adjust the wattage are you?

Well maybe it's not worth messing with then??? :)

Reactions: wrice4

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Well I will give you my opinion. I haven't tried the 26 yet but if you use 28 which I'm sure you are I get the best results with it at 7 wraps 3mm ID spaced. Comes out about .088. I tried it at 5 wraps which put me nearly right on the .065 recommendation and the flavor was lacking so I took it off and went back to the 7. I think with the 26 you can get pretty close to .065 and get enough of the coil covered to get good flavor but Vlad says .09 is really good with that too. Just my opinion. If .065 tastes good to you cool if it's weak try .09. I for one am not that worried about hitting the .065 I am a flavor chaser not to be confused with cloud chaser. I want what tastes the best. I have a spool of 26 coming too.

No no no, I was just suggesting you try 26 @ .09Ω I don't have any 26 to compare. :)

Vlad1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2014
Earth
Does anyone else get a different battery voltage reading? When my SXMini Says 3.75 or so, I pull it and put it on my charger(Xtar-VP4)it will read 3.65 or lower.

I haven't really ever ran in power mode to check and I use an Intellicharger that doesn't have a VM build into it. But remember most devices have a +/- % of tolerance so between two devices varying at the opposite end of their tolerance doesn't seem to be too far out to be off by .1v IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread