Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have to expound on this a bit. This mod is the most comfortable that I've ever had the pleasure of holding in my hand and it performs like a champ. I also find myself having a hard time in putting it down. The width and length is just perfect for me. In fact Cappy, ( and because I wish to give others the chance) I'd like request dibs on a second dna40 unit from the next run if I may.

A shot from a different angle...;) ( the pictures really don't do it any justice as it is simply stunning in the palm of the hand. )

uia9mMH.jpg

I will be the first one to admit that I am pretty backward when it comes to rba tech. I've been using the A7's for how many years now?

I think I would like a new RBA that still operates like a A7. It would simply have a couple of posts to attach the coil to and a hole in the center conductor to feed juice through. I also do NOT like having a side air hole and would prefer it to get air through the bottom so I can actually tell when I have squonked long enough by the gurgle sound instead of just guessing.

I'm bringing this up as I've never seen whatever RBA you have on your mod and it brings to mind how uneducated I am with the new atty tech.

So, is there anything out there that I might like that would follow the rules above? Anyone?

Reactions: glassgal

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I do have one bottom aired atty from Chowderhead and that would be the Lancia. It works very well with single or dual coils and the air flow can be adjusted with the different sized "Jets" that come with it.

With that being said and as you already mentioned, the problem with bottom air feed attys and squonking is the tendency to leak all over the place. Currently there is quite a selection of bottom feeders in which to choose from either purpose built or modified just not a whole lot to choose from with bottom fed air and top fed air atty's are becoming quite popular as of late.

Having never used an A7 for myself, what is the draw like and what kind of draw do you prefer?

P.S The atty that is currently parked on top of the Cutlass is a Chowderhead Hellboy.

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I do have one bottom aired atty from Chowderhead and that would be the Lancia. It works very well with single or dual coils and the air flow can be adjusted with the different sized "Jets" that come with it.

With that being said and as you already mentioned, the problem with bottom air feed attys and squonking is the tendency to leak all over the place. Currently there is quite a selection of bottom feeders in which to choose from either purpose built or modified just not a whole lot to choose from with bottom fed air and top fed air atty's are becoming quite popular as of late.

Having never used an A7 for myself, what is the draw like and what kind of draw do you prefer?

P.S The atty that is currently parked on top of the Cutlass is a Chowderhead Hellboy.

Hard to describe, but I guess I would say the draw is akin to a pipe with somewhat tightly packed tobacco? Medium draw, not too airly. Takes about 3 seconds to get a mouth full of vapor without drawing into lungs.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
A7 - bottom air atty notorious for a wobbly centre pin. Screw that in as far as it goes.

You make and use a z-coil arrangement, much the same as a Chalice.

it worked better as side air atty and i still have a few of them, but a cloud chaser it isn't.

T

Agree. It does have problems and I have eight of them that I rebuild all at once using premade FT coils. About a 1/3 of them don't work well after every build, don't know why and a couple of them fail after a few days use. I can't seem to get a stable vape going anymore. Perhaps they are just getting wore out. I'm thinking that perhaps I need to upgrade what I use. One or two better quality rba's might stop the constant atty swapping I have found myself doing for the last year or so.

Reactions: glassgal

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Make your own coils and then they will all work.

I'm not being sarcastic - you can make mods and wire them with DNA 30/40 etc, you can make your own coils. Premade coils :laugh:

a one - two, a one two three four. Just try it - it's so easy, it's like lying to the IRS!

T

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I have to agree with ST in that making your own coils is the way to go. You will certainly end up with more consistent results and a well built and maintained coil can last for a couple of months.

With that being said, what is your aversion to side fed atty's?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I understand and the older we get the more set in our ways we become. But, since Cappy is keeping is keeping one of these dna40 beauty's for himself, me thinks we should help him broaden his horizons a wee bit...;)

Sorry Cappy, don't mean to speaking of you as the third person...:)

Reactions: BENTHOS

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Cappy are we getting close with number 9?

Ahoy all.

Yes, I've finished #1, 8, 9. They just need a final checkout and I can post pics and stuff.

Unfortunately we have also had a loss in the family and I am dealing with that also, so were kinda becalmed at the moment. I will try to get sailing at full speed as quick as I can. I also have a couple of desk caddies pending that need to get done as well.

Sorry to anyone waiting.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thank you all, but I will be back at it soon. Just part of life. As I had mentioned to someone else, when your siblings are in their 60's, your in-laws their 70's, your parent and her siblings their 80's, lost family members are going to be far too often for my liking.

Take care,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread