Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009

Original bottle purchased from Inawera shop in March of 2014
It smells and tastes like chocolate mint. Anywaymaybe I will have to buy another bottle if I got a bad batch.
-Dirk

I can't see pictures but if you bought it from Inawera then this is serious, although I have purchased it from them too, and recently from BCV. It is a shame but I am glad to know since i am always praising it. I sopeak for what I know, the ones I've purchased are excellent, and no mint on them.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
I can't see pictures but if you bought it from Inawera then this is serious, although I have purchased it from them too, and recently from BCV. It is a shame but I am glad to know since i am always praising it. I sopeak for what I know, the ones I've purchased are excellent, and no mint on them.
I think I fixed it so the images are visible.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009

Original bottle purchased from Inawera shop in March of 2014
It smells and tastes like chocolate mint. Anywaymaybe I will have to buy another bottle if I got a bad batch.
-Dirk

It is indeed the original bottle, as you said. However let me ask you a question, when you say it tastes and smells like mint it is the flavor itself or a batch you mixed?

i asked this since flavor smells and taste is very different once mixed to the right proportion. (Although I don't get mint either way) This flavor is to be used at 1%, approx. 6 drops to 10ml. More than that could yield strange results (not mint though)

Reactions: JeremyR

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I don't doubt you either but maybe some have received contaminated batches. Was yours in original Inawera's botle and package, as sold by Inawera and Bull City Vapor? Someone said theirs was from BCV, then I wonder if INAWERA changed the formula very recently but it would be absurd, probably is a contaminated batch from the factory.

If I ever bought a Dark Tobacco with mint on it, that would be my last one!

I am in the same boat as Derogg. Mine has a mint flavor with it which was a huge letdown because the description of a dark heavy tobacco sounded divine to me. Mine came from Bull City and the bottle is exactly as the pics Derogg shown.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I take a taste test of a fresh mix without the nic and both my wife and I agree the Canadian part is a bit of maple or were talking about 2 different concentrates. I got the Canadian Type Tobacco from EcigExpress.
I don't nic up a new flavor until it steeps then passes the back of the hand taste test then I'll nic 10mls and see if it changes. Nic is expensive up here in Canada so I don't waste a single drop especially if its a crappy flavor.

I always plug into the calculator a mixture for 80/20 VG/PG with %5 flavoring and 4mg nic and then mix it up minus the flavoring. Then when I mix tobacco juices i will pour 9 ml into my cylinder, 5 ml of flavoring and the DNB & TA if used, then top it off to the 10 ml mark with the base mixture. It will still be around 3 ish mg nic and 80/20ish which I am happy with.
My Canadian Type came from Bull City but they are both Inawera and as they say, vapors taste can vary widely. The official description from bull City is "Dry, thick and intensive cigarrettes taste with a hint of Maggi and nutty note at the end. " What maggi is I dont know but I dont find it sweet nor do I taste maple but am not doubting you and your wife do. I am tasting a robust cig taste but i also have TA Garuda and DNB in my mixture. Either way its hard not to chain vape it like I just was a second ago. Very good flavor and I am sure the 30ml I mixed up wont last a week. I hope you and your wife enjoy it as much as I am.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
It is indeed the original bottle, as you said. However let me ask you a question, when you say it tastes and smells like mint it is the flavor itself or a batch you mixed?

i asked this since flavor smells and taste is very different once mixed to the right proportion. (Although I don't get mint either way) This flavor is to be used at 1%, approx. 6 drops to 10ml. More than that could yield strange results (not mint though)

I mixed it at %5. I would be willing to try it at %1 in the near future and ask if you will try it at %5 and see if you get the same results with the mint flavor.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I always plug into the calculator a mixture for 80/20 VG/PG with %5 flavoring and 4mg nic and then mix it up minus the flavoring. Then when I mix tobacco juices i will pour 9 ml into my cylinder, 5 ml of flavoring and the DNB & TA if used, then top it off to the 10 ml mark with the base mixture. It will still be around 3 ish mg nic and 80/20ish which I am happy with.
My Canadian Type came from Bull City but they are both Inawera and as they say, vapors taste can vary widely. The official description from bull City is "Dry, thick and intensive cigarrettes taste with a hint of Maggi and nutty note at the end. " What maggi is I dont know but I dont find it sweet nor do I taste maple but am not doubting you and your wife do. I am tasting a robust cig taste but i also have TA Garuda and DNB in my mixture. Either way its hard not to chain vape it like I just was a second ago. Very good flavor and I am sure the 30ml I mixed up wont last a week. I hope you and your wife enjoy it as much as I am.
Maggi is a food seasoning.

Reactions: chopdoc

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Last edited:

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal

I will mix up a batch tomorrow at 1% my normal 50/50 with 12mg VT nic. Tonight smelled it out of the bottle and it smells like chocolate mint. A little taste on the tongue and I get minty. I know my taste and smell isn't the greatest, but I know what mint smells and taste like. No big deal either way.

Reactions: chopdoc

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Maggi-Würze (Maggi seasoning sauce), a dark, soy sauce-type hydrolysed vegetable protein-based condiment sauce. In Spain and Mexico, it is sold under the name Jugo Maggi. [5]

Maggi sauce is like a liquid version of bouillon cubes.
Read more at Wandering Chopsticks: Vietnamese Food, Recipes, and More: Maggi Seasoning Sauce

Now I'm hungry for Chinese food:)

To me the Canadian type I mixed up has a rich robust cigarette flavor thats not really sweet but has depth to it. But like normal my taste buds is constantly on overload. Presently i have 5 kayfuns in front of me that I am vaping off of with Canadian, Lakita, apple fritter, pink lemonaid, and tangerine cream.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I will mix up a batch tomorrow at 1% my normal 50/50 with 12mg VT nic. Tonight smelled it out of the bottle and it smells like chocolate mint. A little taste on the tongue and I get minty. I know my taste and smell isn't the greatest, but I know what mint smells and taste like. No big deal either way.
That sounds great! Please let us know.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
How does it compare to other Hangsens strength wise?

I mixed this one @ 5% and I usually go 6-7% for most of the others. It smelled fairly robust when I opened the bottle so I went a bit lighter than usual. The taste is pretty excellent. Still has that typical HS sweet note but definitely on the full bodied flavor side of things. It really tastes like the slightly sweet and leafy smell of a fine medium bodied cigar to me.

I can't really compare it to any of the other HS tobaccos I've mixed. It's unique but has no "weird" notes.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I'm on day #3 of vaping only HS Gold and Silver. I absolutely love the flavor. It's moved up to #2 on my HS list behind Desert Ship. I highly recommend this flavor to any HS tobacco lover who hasn't tried it yet.

Here's a nice gold & silver recipe that quickly moved gold & silver to my ADV list.

G&S 8%
Samara TA 2%
Inawera milk chocolate 1%
EM Point 5% (.5)

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I mixed this one @ 5% and I usually go 6-7% for most of the others. It smelled fairly robust when I opened the bottle so I went a bit lighter than usual. The taste is pretty excellent. Still has that typical HS sweet note but definitely on the full bodied flavor side of things. It really tastes like the slightly sweet and leafy smell of a fine medium bodied cigar to me.

I can't really compare it to any of the other HS tobaccos I've mixed. It's unique but has no "weird" notes.

Here's a nice gold & silver recipe that quickly moved gold & silver to my ADV list.

G&S 8%
Samara TA 2%
Inawera milk chocolate 1%
EM Point 5% (.5)

I keep forgetting that I now have the Samara TA to bump things up a little if I need to. The G&S sounds like it should be worth a try at least.

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
A follow up to the Inawera Dark tobacco:
I mixed DT at 1% and maybe mint is not the best description. It does have an interesting flavor. I still stand behind my opinion that it smells like chocolate mint. I recall that taste from another Inawera concentrate...Desert Voyager. I vaped them side by side (both at 1% 50PG/50VG) and they have a similar taste. Dark Tobacco being stronger flavor. Granted both have not had anytime to mature. I mixed and did a hot water bath and then vaped. Anyone else have both and can confirm or deny this? I'm thinking mixed together with a drop of DNB and Cuban Cigar TA this will be nice.
:2c:Dirk
I wish I was able to describe flavors better. What would be great is if we all lived close by and we could have a big DIY meet!

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
A follow up to the Inawera Dark tobacco:
I mixed DT at 1% and maybe mint is not the best description. It does have an interesting flavor. I still stand behind my opinion that it smells like chocolate mint. I recall that taste from another Inawera concentrate...Desert Voyager. I vaped them side by side (both at 1% 50PG/50VG) and they have a similar taste. Dark Tobacco being stronger flavor. Granted both have not had anytime to mature. I mixed and did a hot water bath and then vaped. Anyone else have both and can confirm or deny this? I'm thinking mixed together with a drop of DNB and Cuban Cigar TA this will be nice.
:2c:Dirk
I wish I was able to describe flavors better. What would be great is if we all lived close by and we could have a big DIY meet!
Just remember that Dark Tobacco is not intended as an standalone (although I have used it and liked it) - it is used to enhance (they say to double) tobacco flavors.

Reactions: JD1

derogg

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Socal
Just remember that Dark Tobacco is not intended as an standalone (although I have used it and liked it) - it is used to enhance (they say to double) tobacco flavors.
Good point Art. I have so many flavors that I sometimes forget what is what. Also I think I may have been over flavoring. Anyway I always appreciate everyones input and advice!!
- Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread