It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I just want to add that here in the town I live in now the board of healthy has restricted ecigs severely. Use in any establishment is punishable by a fine. Even the vape shops can't vape inside. You must be 21 years old to purchase them and that goes for real cigs also. I carry my mods with me very where but if I was to vape in a store and get caught I face getting thrown out/banned and fined! But nonetheless I'm ok with these rules. ;)
Saugus Ma. 01906

When time comes to ban vaping in your area, and it's brought up before the city council, I don't want Gertrude Tightass to be thinking about the thirty angry letters she got about the cloud-chuckers at the Piggly Wiggly right before she casts her vote. I would rather it be the polite vaper, that's done his/her best to educate his legislators, friends, relatives, and co-workers about the truth.

It's true I don't like to draw attention to myself but more out of respect for others I choose not to vape in public places, I followed the same rule for myself when I used to smoke. Personally I am more concerned about local legislation where I live right now then state and federal. On 9 out of 10 no smoking signs here you will also see no ecigs signs posted right below them and when I have asked about it in stores/restaurants management almost always states they had to stop ecig use due to complaints, a few have said it is their (franchised) store policy. In movie theaters they also state no ecig use right along with no smoking or cell phone use now in their opening rules. Someone had to give them a reason to restrict use so when I see people here say it is not people going around blowing clouds in public spaces you have to worry about with restrictions happening then who is it? And... yes local legislators are paying attention to the trends in their community.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I will say this...don't vape during the White House tour. Yeah, it's perfectly fine for Potus to slip out of his office and fire up a ciggy on the balcony but if you or I are on the tour and we slip out of line to go to the bathroom and while you are there, you slip on your headphones so you can listen to the "Pop Corn" song by Hot Butter and sub ohm vape along with it, then that's not ok. Especially if you listen to the song two or three times while you are backing one out and turn the bathroom into a steaming cloud that pours out of the doors and makes the guards think you are trying to blow up the White House. Then that's not ok. I found that out the hard way. Some people might think it's fun to be stun gunned by the Secret Service and then be given a full body cavity search by someone with hands far to big for the job but I sure didn't. You walk funny and everything tastes like pennies for a week.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Because someone pushed the limits to the point that a law had to be written.
Or no one pushed the limits except some bureaucrat who didn't like something so decided there should be a law.

Com'on now......y'all know that's what they do!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not sure that I want to buy food that someones exhalation vapor had settled on. Wouldn't the vapor carry any germy things the person exhaled?
I believe it is far more likely to have killed any germy things that were already on the food.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
What if someone vapes but exhales no vapour? It can easily be done. I bet people would still be disturbed even if no vapour was in the air. Just by the move.
believe me.with out the visual cue there is no response.
no visible vape no foul.
i have power stealth vaped in check out lines and
no one bats an eye.
regards
mike

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And the people that understand the difference between respectful vaping or not.... reside here. Think about it, the ones with those big clouds are ones that aren't aware of what is going on around them.
I think it's a pretty sure bet that anyone blowing clouds in a grocery store doesn't care.
Not about what we are fighting, not about what other people think, not about anyone but themselves.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
A growing number of people are chucking clouds where they want, when they want and I can't be bothered anymore about it so yeah go for it cloud up everywhere you go as some say it isn't written anywhere you can't so make hay while the sun shines. Also I recently took delivery of 15 litres of nic base so no longer care what legislation comes in as I'm sorted so much easier to buy into the selfish I'm all right jack attitude a lot of vapers have and it's so damn easy. As of last week when I had my personal epithiny I now only care about me and mine and what others choose to do and how they act in public no longer bothers me or concerns me they can get on with it ;).
I could definitely hear where you are coming from with this post...
But the little wink at the end made me think you were being sarcastic...

I think all of us that have spent a significant amount of time advocating sometimes feel the way you described.
I know I have, many times.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Why is it that people feel the need to vape in public places like this anyways? You never smoked at the grocery store, so what makes you think vaping is ok. Wait 10 mins till you're outside.

Common sense doesn't exist anymore. Pathetic.
Yes, I did smoke at the grocery store.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Why is it that people feel the need to vape in public places like this anyways? You never smoked at the grocery store, so what makes you think vaping is ok. Wait 10 mins till you're outside.

Common sense doesn't exist anymore. Pathetic.
prior to the late 1970's every one smoked almost every where
with no intrusive anti-smoking behavior.
no one ran around fake coughing.
as a mater of fact no one cared.
true story.
mike

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I'm talking about since vaping was invented.

Not 40 years ago.

People here talking about how they 'stealth' vape at the checkout. Really?
Yes, really.
It's not enough that I have politicians and corporations all up in my biz, but my fellow vapers?
In the four years I've been doing this it sure has been fascinating watching the change. Four years to go from pride to shame.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
That's exactly what happens all the time. We all pay the price because of the actions of a few knuckleheads.
I would say it did not take too many complaints before some of the smaller places here put up no ecigs signs. I know a few national chains like Starbucks and ihop put vaping bans in place like 2 years ago. I agree people are going to do what they want to do no matter what anyone says but it did not take a lot of people vaping in places where smoking was banned before vaping became banned from there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread