Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey Celti, you may want to consider getting an xray of that foot, just to be safe. Bruises and swelling can mean a break and there's lots of little bones in the foot that can break.

moanin', Voltioties.

It's supposed to be cooler today and we may get some rain this morning. It has been dry for the last two weeks and the lawn is starting to crunch when walking on it. There have been a few brush/forest fires and there's a warning posted.

I thought I had a spare chain for my chainsaw, but didn't so I've got to make a trip to Tractor Supply this morning and get one or two. Then I can get the second stump out so I can complete the fencing to enclose the mulch pile. I also need some steel fence posts, 14ga steel wire and bungee cords. Bo always enjoys a trip to TS. He gets to go in the store and gets a treat at the cash register.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Celti - Geez, girl, hope your foot is doing better soon.

Cindy - Sorry I was too tired to show up for the impromptu party yesterday. Congrats. Four years is fabulous.

Wuzz - A big congrats to you , too.

I'm glad you found a way to show the kids that it is important to read the directions, SandySu.

We worked on the gutters yesterday. When I say we I mean Hubby. My arms were tired so I didn't do much. Then, we went to Fallon and cut down some more Russian olive. These pieces were a bit larger and Hubby might be able to make some furniture with it. I mostly sat in a chair:)

Hubby felt ambitious so he got some more hangers for the gutter up and his first two pieces up. Nice!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey Volties,
Rave came over yesterday and as usual we spent a quiet afternoon and evening chatting and vaping. For dinner we had 2" thick rib-eye steak smothered with morels that Rave and her BF picked, breaded shrimp, sugar-snap peas and grape tomato's dipped in Ranch dressing. It was so good! :)

Then this morning we went to Bluesprings Caverns. That's the one where you ride in a boat to explore the cavern. We picked the perfect time to go. We were the only ones there so we got our own private tour and the guide was very nice and informative and even let us vape while we explored the cavern. :banana: It was so cool...and so peaceful. At one point she turned off the boat lights and her flashlight and it was so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Then she demonstrated the echo down there. She slapped one of the seat cushions, which also served as a flotation device, against the seat and it sounded like thunder it was so loud and the echo sounded like thunder rolling through the clouds. The echo lasted for a good 10 - 15 seconds. Too cool! The trip lasted around 45 minutes I'd say then we browsed the gift shop and bought a few things then came home. It was a great day, a great adventure and so much fun. :) We got a bunch of brochures of other caves to explore. I can't wait. :)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Nah, awsum, I'd know if it was broken. Its not even that tender anymore. The swelling was mostly because I wouldn't stay off my feet.... busy busy busy! The bruise isn't even as big as I thought it'd be... I was kinda lookin' forward to seeing how many colors it was. :p The worst bruise I got was when Fiance accidentally tackled me during a race with his nephews friend!! :D

I know, I'm weird! I like bruises... heck I get bruises from nowhere.... course I am a klutz so I guess they come from somewhere.... it doesn't help that I am so fair skinned... kids used to call me the Albino in school... :sneaky::grr:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    moanin', Volties.

I'm glad to hear that bruise is just a bruise, Celt. I know what you mean about bruises. I get them and wonder how, really, 'cause I never notice what happened because I'm busy doing something or other. Worse yet is not noticing I've cut myself until I see blood somewhere and, again, wonder how the heck I did it.

I was up too early and already have two loads of laundry done, chicken cooked for Bo, adjusted the side door so it closes without slamming and have most of the stuff ready to install the air conditioner. All that's left for that "little" project is to bring it up from the basement. Time for the lifting belt, just to make sure. Once that's done I'm off to the chiropractor for my monthly tune-up and need to get some cards and, hopefully, a chain for my chainsaw. TS let me down and didn't have the one I need.

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Good morning, Voltians.

Glad you are okay, Celti.

What an amazing day you two had, Terry. The dinner sounded incredibly delicious. The cave sounded very cool.

I managed to do my cleaning job although I felt like I needed a day off:)

Today, I think I will concentrate on laundry, a little yard clean up and weeding and hanging out to read a book.

My gardening buddy is coming over but there isn't a lot for us to do. We have some lettuce to plant. We could plant some flowers.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Terry, the caves sounds cool! I never knew there were caves in Indiana until Rave mentioned it a while ago. If you ever get east, to Virginia, check out Luray Caverns along the Skyline Drive. It's a walking tour, but they are massive. Now, all I need is a 2" rib eye and some morels....

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Brrr... 44 degrees, cloudy, windy and...... looks like a real chance of rain.

I have a fire in the wood stove so I can go out, weed a little, then come back and warm up.

I probably need to cover the pepper plants. It isn't supposed to freeze but they probably don't appreciate the chilly weather.

tmcase

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2011
    I'm afraid I have some bad news. Rave's sister in TX died yesterday. She found out sometime after she got home from my place. She's taking it pretty hard so she probably won't be around for a few days. She didn't want you all to worry if she disappears for awhile. I'll leave the details for her to tell.

She still has her great attitude though. This is what she said to me this morning in a email "I sure am glad that yesterday had such a awesome beginning to offset the sucky remainder of the day. Thanks for that. :)"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread