Reo Lounge Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
So the REO doesn't smell like sour juice anymore after soaking in Dawn/Water...but the feed tube does. It's soaking in my good vodka right now, but it's only 80 proof. I did order some extra supplies from Rob today, so if Chopin doesn't do his job (polish potato vodka - super good straight or on the rocks), I'll just replace the tube. Either way, looks like I'll be using my mechs for a day or so. I smelled the juice bottle and it smelled sour, so I tossed it - wasn't much left in the bottle. Guess I'll have to check my other bottles and see if they're stinky as well. I had that bottle in and out of my hot car, so I guess I know I'll be putting a hard cooler in my jeep for cape stuff. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Debadoo

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
So the REO doesn't smell like sour juice anymore after soaking in Dawn/Water...but the feed tube does. It's soaking in my good vodka right now, but it's only 80 proof. I did order some extra supplies from Rob today, so if Chopin doesn't do his job (polish potato vodka - super good straight or on the rocks), I'll just replace the tube. Either way, looks like I'll be using my mechs for a day or so. I smelled the juice bottle and it smelled sour, so I tossed it - wasn't much left in the bottle. Guess I'll have to check my other bottles and see if they're stinky as well. I had that bottle in and out of my hot car, so I guess I know I'll be putting a hard cooler in my jeep for cape stuff. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey you can drink the cleaning solvent..pretty nice...:thumb:

If you can't get PGA there get some cheap 100 proof vodka, Burnetts makes 100 proof, about $6.50 a pint here in TN....

Last edited:

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Not to change the subject...but I think y'all know I got a Chalice III, wonderful atty, until a post started shorting and toasted my contact and spring, and melted my button...I didn't realize what was causing it, and fixed my Grand, and it took a couple of days but POOF, it happened again!

BUMMER!

Well ElectronicStix hooked me up directly with Mark Bugs and I am waiting on a replacement base, now to decide if I send my Reo in for the once over, or do the field fix again.....$17.00 vs $45.00....

I know I'll do the inexpensive fix and order a new Grand...yeah....y'all come to my funeral after the wife kills me! LOL

Take a look at the base, pretty evident...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It is TIGHT inside that Chalice.
You're not the first.

What usually happens is a wire end touches the cap - you've got to check it on an ohm-meter with the cap on - there's just NO room on the side of that post...

I do kind of a U around it (not a J, but a U), so the end isn't on the side at all, if that makes sense.

Not to change the subject...but I think y'all know I got a Chalice III, wonderful atty, until a post started shorting and toasted my contact and spring, and melted my button...I didn't realize what was causing it, and fixed my Grand, and it took a couple of days but POOF, it happened again!

BUMMER!

Well ElectronicStix hooked me up directly with Mark Bugs and I am waiting on a replacement base, now to decide if I send my Reo in for the once over, or do the field fix again.....$17.00 vs $45.00....

I know I'll do the inexpensive fix and order a new Grand...yeah....y'all come to my funeral after the wife kills me! LOL

Take a look at the base, pretty evident...

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
It is TIGHT inside that Chalice.
You're not the first.

What usually happens is a wire end touches the cap - you've got to check it on an ohm-meter with the cap on - there's just NO room on the side of that post...

I do kind of a U around it (not a J, but a U), so the end isn't on the side at all, if that makes sense.

I know it was the post, as it ohmed out fine, cap an all, I fired it up cap off and it wasn't arcing from the wires as I did a "U" on the coil...you could actually see it arc at the post to base where it's dark in the picture...it was on the inside of the post (look at picture) not the outside by where it happens with some....

I actually did a 32 ga coil to test it, and it's frying at the base to post, I guess it wasn't soldered on good enough, or something...it's either an interference press fit, and or interference with silver solder sweated in (that's my guess).

You can't make something that small and not have a few screw up!

I have a Cyclone also, and a Nuppin, both tiny areas to build on, definitely not my Asmodus 26650 dripper!

Not to mention it worked fine for a few weeks, then KABAM!

Kinda bummed, but hey at least it's under warranty! :thumb:

Last edited:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
So has rioting broke out in Indiana yet?

I mean it's the logical thing to do; break into vape shops and steal all their e-liquid! LOL :facepalm:

Vape shop? Looting an electronic store and then setting it ablaze is how the kids do it these days isn't it?

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion
Vape shop? Looting an electronic store and then setting it ablaze is how the kids do it these days isn't it?

Yeah I mean why set it ablaze, see ya' want 'em to open back up and restock as soon as possible for future looting sprees! LOL

Reactions: Mrs C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread