I'm thinkin' maybe we should try this again? . . . . and you kids should behave yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
good stuff ... Good morning ...

smile.gif
Good Mornnn . .. DOH! :facepalm: YOU GOT ME!

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
all this talk makes me worried about living in california and thinking of moving...

... which, of course, should make most of the rest of you worried :)

Just remember where The Evil Ones are [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
SO...I gotz my first Nuppin!
Second-hand, but not sure it was even used.
First off - shaweeeeet. It's the size I always wanted; looks slick; FANTASTIC squonk; I'm likin' the draw; and I get to play with AFC's and stuff.

I have a couple questions (yeah - pix, I know - I got a couple below).

Here's the questions:
1 - there's a SLIGHTLY odd flavor. Could be I just rushed and built it, and I might be getting a hint of "new atty" or it could be "someone ran a bottle of menthol through here". So - did a brandy-new Nuppin need a scrub? Could already be fading actually...just thought I'd ask.

2 - Howzit with a single coil? I'm more often running a single, and just wondered whether I might do that next build. Anyone tried both and have a preference?

First, please understand: I am a coiltard. I mean, I built it...actually had less trouble getting a dual mounted than usual - but I know my coils are a sloppy mess and I'll do better next time. Heck, ugly as they are, I was kinda proud I landed right where I meant to (29g, 1.8mm inner, 6 wraps for 0.6 ohms). Also proud of my "donut wick" - it's working great.

nuppin1.JPG

coiltard.JPG

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
SO...I gotz my first Nuppin!
Second-hand, but not sure it was even used.
First off - shaweeeeet. It's the size I always wanted; looks slick; FANTASTIC squonk; I'm likin' the draw; and I get to play with AFC's and stuff.

I have a couple questions (yeah - pix, I know - I got a couple below).

Here's the questions:
1 - there's a SLIGHTLY odd flavor. Could be I just rushed and built it, and I might be getting a hint of "new atty" or it could be "someone ran a bottle of menthol through here". So - did a brandy-new Nuppin need a scrub? Could already be fading actually...just thought I'd ask.

2 - Howzit with a single coil? I'm more often running a single, and just wondered whether I might do that next build. Anyone tried both and have a preference?

First, please understand: I am a coiltard. I mean, I built it...actually had less trouble getting a dual mounted than usual - but I know my coils are a sloppy mess and I'll do better next time. Heck, ugly as they are, I was kinda proud I landed right where I meant to (29g, 1.8mm inner, 6 wraps for 0.6 ohms). Also proud of my "donut wick" - it's working great.

View attachment 455484
View attachment 455485

1- lingering is lingering. Either because it's second hand or from the machine shop. Doesn't matter. You have 2 options either shower it day in day out until you don't feel it again or like me just enjoy the vape and it magically disappears :D

2- vaping for 4 years now, 3 years mastering the single coil and building micros and tensioning and measuring. It was as good as it gets. Then I remembered that last time I tried a dual I was young and innocent. So there goes the duals. And never looked back. Secret ingredient is the right airflow.

My advice. Try duals. If they are subpar, master the single then try again.

ADDIT: now that I understand how heat inside the chamber acts I'm going dual parallels. And I will probably never look back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread