BOTTOM FEEDERS= a place for everything modified and/or custom made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
My advice is to get a bigger one than you think you need. :)

I like the LMS for the belt drive, brushless motor, solid column, air spring and slightly larger table.....

Can't go wrong with a Grizzly, though Quigs would be a better source for pros and cons than I, on that one...

Not sure about the taig.....

Wishin' I had just got a bridgeport and been done with it........ :facepalm:

No used machines around here unfortunately or I would just get a big knee mill . I don't like that the grizzly uses mt3 tooling...... the LMS seems to be the best machine in the x2 size.

The x3 size starts getting into pretty substantial $ outlays.....

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
The Grizz comes with an MT3 1/2" chuck...I never thought I'd use it because of tool wobble but tbh...is an awesome chuck (or I just got a good one?). I was all set to pick up a quick collet set (still may) but even those have questionable accuracy...unless I'm doing something heavy or I'm using something with a bigger than a 1/2" shank, I just chuck the end mills.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I feel your pain, T.

I can't begin to tell you how many hours that man has cost me..... :D
hi custom classic and super trunker !
I agre that is a nice mod and asdac still costing me time ...loving it so . building a new sqonker w magnetic switch.
this time I am casting some parts for it including the parts for the switch ..just casted the first layer of silicone.
for the two part mold . the dna tray came out nice .the pix shows the master , the mold and the casted part.
the left side in pix is the adjustable mold box with the switch parts ..happy modding.
casting%20003-001.jpg

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Nice mold box...i always used legos in the past...i might have to try your style next time
hi obsiden !
legos will work just fine to . anything on hand ..the reason I used this is because I had it on hand ..
the little clamps will will seal it .no leaking without any sealing . the bottom seals nice wit the clay bed .
ps just demolded the switch parts and ready to cast the second layer of silicone on it to complete the mold.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Had to pay Wa. state tax but saved a ton by not having to ship it...Grizzly's Bellingham corp. location is a 45 min. drive from my "cabin in the woods" in Maple Falls...I'm undecided as to whether that's a good thing or not :facepalm:...my wife is certain it's not a good thing.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
Had to pay Wa. state tax but saved a ton by not having to ship it...Grizzly's Bellingham corp. location is a 45 min. drive from my "cabin in the woods" in Maple Falls...I'm undecided as to whether that's a good thing or not :facepalm:...my wife is certain it's not a good thing.
hey quigs .. I know the feeling sold my house in the mountains on ten acres with a steep driveway it was heaven !
still miss it ..especialy my ham radio tower and beam antenna .but had to do it for health reasons .
at least wallymart is only 5 min away.ill hold off with the lathe for now.
ill have two more hrs before I can demold and try the casting the switch parts . I am using aluminite resin for it.
ps my house had all copper plumbing and the inspector made me use lead free solder ...all that lead leeching out ...oh well

Reactions: Quigsworth

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
I do like the R8 on the LMS. I use collets for everything. I spend a LOT of time changing collets....

I'd like to get, or make, a power drawbar set up. It'd make life a whole lot easier.....

That's the one I have.. The LMS 3990. I also have the high speed option for 5k contemplating a flood system for coolant.
image.jpg

Tight quarters but I get a lot done here.

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

supersport13

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
United States
Little too quiet in here...

Here's the one I'm working on now.

oThvob7.jpg

PmXILno.jpg

I've still got some hand shaping to do on it. The walls are gonna be uniform and as thin as is practical. For anyone who has held an Istick 50 watt, this thing feels just a tad slimmer.

I moved the battery and bottle holes as close together as I felt comfortable with....

This thing is already pretty light and I still get to mill out the squonk hole. Really liking the feel of this one. :)
That thing is freakin' awesome man!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread